Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Harris vs. Collaros

Maybe we should use this thread to track both of these Jim Barker recruits and their rivalry this season and beyond. With all due respect to Zach Collaros, Trevor Harris looked better today against Edmonton than Collaros ever has.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    It was an awesome game Ravi for Harris, let's now see if he can string a few together.
    Then he may be the real deal with the torch being passed on to the next one from RR.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    What have you done Ravi? We will never hear the end of the Ray vs Collaros vs Harris debate for the next 10 years!
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    What have you done Ravi? We will never hear the end of the Ray vs Collaros vs Harris debate for the next 10 years!
    For an overall career, Ray will be hard to top. While I think Collaros could have a good career, I don't think his skill set will make him a great one.
    On the other hand, I think Harris is more than likely going to outshine Collaros and could win a MOP someday, but I doubt if he will be a Hall of Famer like Ray.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    For an overall career, Ray will be hard to top. While I think Collaros could have a good career, I don't think his skill set will make him a great one.
    On the other hand, I think Harris is more than likely going to outshine Collaros and could win a MOP someday, but I doubt if he will be a Hall of Famer like Ray.
    I see Collaros more Doug Flutie like and Harris more Dunigan. It's going to take years for them to be considered comparable to either, but even if one of them does, the CFL will be lucky.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I see Collaros more Doug Flutie like and Harris more Dunigan. It's going to take years for them to be considered comparable to either, but even if one of them does, the CFL will be lucky.

Agree with you.
    Either way if both keep developing it means many exciting years and great match ups involving the Cats and Argos and ultimately there is no better rivalry which will pack both joints.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Agree with you.
    Either way if both keep developing it means many exciting years and great match ups involving the Cats and Argos and ultimately there is no better rivalry which will pack both joints.
    Harris is way tougher,24 for 27, 300+ yards....the pussy cats can have zac,,,,,

Trevor is better NOW, and in the future....

I do hope Zac has a CFL career , and gets SPANKED, year after year by the Argo`s
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I don't think Doug Flutie ever played a full game and only had his offence produce 2 FG's of offensive scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I think Harris is more than likely going to outshine Collaros and could win a MOP someday, but I doubt if he will be a Hall of Famer like Ray.
    It'll be hard for Harris to get HOF numbers period, as I don't think there are too many HOFers, that had their 2nd career starts at the age of 29. He's a great team player though, and that is the main reason I pull for him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't think Doug Flutie ever played a full game and only had his offence produce 2 FG's of offensive scoring.

It'll be hard for Harris to get HOF numbers period, as I don't think there are too many HOFers, that had their 2nd career starts at the age of 29. He's a great team player though, and that is the main reason I pull for him.
    I`d bet that Trevor Harris wins a GREY CUP, before Zach Collararos does....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Trevor,an ARGO QB

Zach,a pussy cat QB

Obviously, the kid in double blue, WINS, by a country mile

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Here's the thing. The debate up until now (starting back in 2013 before Collaros even left) has always been about which QB we'd be better off having, Ray or Collaros. How many of us seriously considered the notion that Harris might have more upside than Collaros? And that JB-SM may ultimately be judged on the decision to keep Harris rather than the decision to keep Ray.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Here's the thing. The debate up until now (starting back in 2013 before Collaros even left) has always been about which QB we'd be better off having, Ray or Collaros. How many of us seriously considered the notion that Harris might have more upside than Collaros? And that JB-SM may ultimately be judged on the decision to keep Harris rather than the decision to keep Ray.
    Both QB's were highly thought of by the Argonauts brain trust when Ray was injured and we were all aware that Toronto had a couple of good prospects at QB, the major downside was we had them at the exact same time.
    Happy to see our guy get his chance and play well, seems like a pretty humble team guy so good on him.
    Collaros chose to leave and go to Hamilton so really don't care what he does one way or another and admittedly sometimes think of him as an ungrateful prick when I see him talking about how great it is to play in the Hammer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

I'm not going to search thru old posts on the subject, but pretty sure I was one anyways who was quite impressed with Harris' college ball resume and thought he would be a very good CFL QB prospect and still thought that after both he & Collaros had been around for a season. Collaros moved ahead on the depth chart and got the playing time opportunity, and looked good - so he got rewarded with a starting job for the Pussycats; but I still had faith in Harris and he has learned under the likes of Millanovich and Ricky Ray for a few seasons - and wow - what a performance yesterday.

Anybody else find Harris looked very Ricky Ray - like in that game ?; calm, poised in the pocket and reads the D and throws accurate strikes (plus can buy some time or scramble a bit when needed at the right time - Ray is under-rated there IMO); not a gun for an arm, but a nice, accurate touch passer. Hopefully - Harris can have even close to the CFL career that Ray has; be nice to see the Argos with a long-time winner QB that they developed !

As for Harris vs. Collaros - time will tell; both are good looking young QBs; but I have the feeling / just IMO, Harris is the better all around QB talent.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I'm not going to search thru old posts on the subject, but pretty sure I was one anyways who was quite impressed with Harris' college ball resume and thought he would be a very good CFL QB prospect and still thought that after both he & Collaros had been around for a season. Collaros moved ahead on the depth chart and got the playing time opportunity, and looked good - so he got rewarded with a starting job for the Pussycats; but I still had faith in Harris and he has learned under the likes of Millanovich and Ricky Ray for a few seasons - and wow - what a performance yesterday.

Anybody else find Harris looked very Ricky Ray - like in that game ?; calm, poised in the pocket and reads the D and throws accurate strikes (plus can buy some time or scramble a bit when needed at the right time - Ray is under-rated there IMO); not a gun for an arm, but a nice, accurate touch passer. Hopefully - Harris can have even close to the CFL career that Ray has; be nice to see the Argos with a long-time winner QB that they developed !

As for Harris vs. Collaros - time will tell; both are good looking young QBs; but I have the feeling / just IMO, Harris is the better all around QB talent.
    Harris and Collaros is not an either-or situation. I enjoy watching both of them play and wish them both well. Harris was consistently impressive, and I'm not in the least surprised by his performance.

If Harris persists in playing at this level, it will be very difficult to justify demoting him to ride the pine again for who knows how long: that could be tantamount to ruining his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    If Harris persists in playing at this level, it will be very difficult to justify demoting him to ride the pine again for who knows how long: that could be tantamount to ruining his career.
    And then all those people who said Ricky's got three good years left will quickly backtrack on their words. At least I hope so. Surely we won't make the same mistake with Harris that we did with Collaros? At some point you've got to kiss your aging HOF QB goodbye, and surely it has to be at the end of this season, no?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And then all those people who said Ricky's got three good years left will quickly backtrack on their words. At least I hope so. Surely we won't make the same mistake with Harris that we did with Collaros? At some point you've got to kiss your aging HOF QB goodbye, and surely it has to be at the end of this season, no?
    Wait a second, you HOPE Ricky does not have three good years left? Or you hope we all change our mind and declare that he doesn't? Because I hope he does, and I have no intention of declaring he doesn't until I see evidence of that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Harris and Collaros is not an either-or situation. I enjoy watching both of them play and wish them both well. Harris was consistently impressive, and I'm not in the least surprised by his performance.

Yes this is only after one game, Harris has to do exactly what Collaros did for some 7 games when he filled in.
    Regardless, if the two progress like I have previously said, it bodes well for the healthy rivalry over many years with the Cats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Maybe we should use this thread to track both of these Jim Barker recruits and their rivalry this season and beyond. With all due respect to Zach Collaros, Trevor Harris looked better today against Edmonton than Collaros ever has.
    Harris was good ... but not to that extent. But then he's in double blue and that always shades views around here. Lets see how harris keeps up once teams can gameplan for him and how he performs in a real pressure game. (Like Zac having a good game in the Grey Cup last year)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Harris was good ... but not to that extent. But then he's in double blue and that always shades views around here. Lets see how harris keeps up once teams can gameplan for him and how he performs in a real pressure game. (Like Zac having a good game in the Grey Cup last year)

I don't think Collaros has ever played as close to a perfect game as Harris had yesterday. Zach's best games for the Argos all had long stretches of poor offence. Harris kept the chains moving all game. Not saying Harris will be that good every week of course. The game-planning issue doesn't worry me because to my eyes he ran a Ricky Ray game plan anyway.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    I was impressed with the play of Harris. I thought he would do ok but he passed my expectations. Also impressed with the O Line giving him time. Edmonton didn't really use the Don Mathews bring the house defense either though. Somebody on the panel said the new rules will change how defenses rush the QB's now with more than a four man rush. Apparently thinking the no contact rule in man coverage will allow the good QB's to burn a "bring the house defense". I think we will see a lot more zone defenses now with four man rushes.
    Maybe the Argos have found their new lock down Left Tackle as I thought Campbell had a good game there. He has looked good right from day one. Hopefully Barker can lock him up for a few years with a new contract. These guys are difficult to find and at his age I don't think he will be going back to the NFL.
    Whitaker was a great pick up. I always liked that guy. He doesn't look like he has lost a step either. Where most backs will get 3 or 4 yards running into the line, he will quite often get 8 on the same kind of play. He's also great on the swing passes to the outside. Argos have now have three guys who are great at the yac yards. Owens, Durie and Whitaker. Elliott and Gurley look good at WR.
    I can see Vega moving into the rotation at DE and the DB's ad LB's have performed as advertised. The DT's were outstanding all game. Should be a good one in Regina next week.