Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    July 2 Hamilton Vs. Winnipeg:

Collaros: 26 of 33 for 354 yds. 2 TD 0 INT

Here's hoping Harris can match or better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I just hope he can lead us to a win. Stats are for losers. ZC played great last night, but the Cats offence is still being outscored by their defense and ST's.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level

After last week and setting the bar quite high, I can't see Harris becoming a flop?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    IMO the time is coming for the Argos to move on from Ray, not this season or maybe even next, but it's coming soon, Ray isn't getting any younger and seems to have injury issues as of late. As for Collaros vs. Harris, realistically were a long way from knowing which one is "better". While I don't think the Argos made the right choice by letting Collaros go, but what's done is done and IMO Harris has potential, may not have the running ability of Collaros or the arm strength, but IMO has better on field vision and better mechanics. So it's a toss up for now, but Collaros isn't here and Harris is, which one should I route for ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    IMO the time is coming for the Argos to move on from Ray, not this season or maybe even next, but it's coming soon, Ray isn't getting any younger and seems to have injury issues as of late. As for Collaros vs. Harris, realistically were a long way from knowing which one is "better". While I don't think the Argos made the right choice by letting Collaros go, but what's done is done and IMO Harris has potential, may not have the running ability of Collaros or the arm strength, but IMO has better on field vision and better mechanics. So it's a toss up for now, but Collaros isn't here and Harris is, which one should I route for ?
    Once again, it's not like the Argos let him go! If unlimited funds, playing time and patience were no problem, Zack would still be here. I stand by the Argos decision of not turning your back on someone that just won you a Grey Cup and then had an MVP like season. The respect and upstanding ways this organization has treated players, will always pay off. People act like players are not real human beings and are video game characters or something. Can you imagine yourself going to a company, fulfilling all their goals and then them booting you out the door for some young hotshot? Ray will get replaced someday, but the time was definitely not right.

Collaros bounced back nicely this week. He does put some "zip" on those out patterns. I don't agree that he has better arm strength though. Harris looks the taller, bigger and stronger specimen. He throws a tight rope too, as seen last week, and his deep balls are so much better than the half side arm, lame duck looking throws, we see sometimes from Collaros. It's more of a case of different styles or mechanics, like you mentioned.

As Angelo said and Flutie would say, just get the win on the road.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Snow good for you couldn't agree more.
    But, we both better watch as the PC police will be coming after us for uttering such ridicule. lol
    Those of you know who you are?
    Frankly open discussion here, it is not a popularity contest.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    The jury is somewhat out on Harris's arm strength but I have seen nothing in Collaros that makes me feel his arm is particularly strong. He does have nice touch, most of the time, but does not fire rockets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    It will be extra sweet now to see Harris play against Collaros in Hamilton on August 3rd !! I can't wait for that one. Maybe Ricky Ray will be ready by then, but if not, that match up will be fun to watch. I'll be there.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The jury is somewhat out on Harris's arm strength but I have seen nothing in Collaros that makes me feel his arm is particularly strong. He does have nice touch, most of the time, but does not fire rockets.

I do think Harris's arm strength looked pretty good in the last game of 2014 against Ottawa. He made throws 20-30 yards downfield that Ricky Ray couldn't make, or to be fair at least not last year when he was playing with a shoulder injury.

As for Collaros, I think he throws pretty hard on shorter passes at times but his biggest weakness is his deep ball. Matt Dunnigan once remarked on TV that Collaros threw a "strike" into the endzone for a touchdown. I believe it was a medium length pass in a game in Calgary during that streak where the Argos won 5 (?) in a row with Collaros at QB in 2013. A game with Ricky Ray out of the lineup. Collaros doesn't throw hard all the time though in my opinion. Of course there are times when a QB should not throw a pass as hard as he can.

That said, remember when Collaros tried to throw a hail mary pass against Calgary at the end of last year's Grey Cup? The game was pretty much over as he couldn't throw the ball far enough. The only way they could have scored a TD was with a trick play or a bizarre score on a random or broken play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Their arms look pretty equal to me, but Harris has a more compact throwing motion. ZC's strength is being able to make something out of nothing. Both look good, just different.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Just watching the Als game and so far this kid Cato is lights out.
    Another Harris like performance.
    If the Als 22-0 score holds up the east could be the beast this year.
    When was the last time we said that?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    A lot of hoopla over two words that I posted, so I'll clarify some. IMO Harris has the better overall arm, never stated that he lacks arm strength or can't throw 40 plus yards, actually I feel the opposite, Harris throws a great deep ball IMO. Collaros however throws with a lot of zip or torque, whichever word sounds better I suppose. Collaros and Reilly IMO throw similarly almost like a sling shot type of throw, however Reilly's release looks quicker than Collaros'. Just because I stated that Collaros has more arm strength doesn't mean I think he has the better arm, mechanics play a big part in it as well, kind of like golf actually when you think about it. Lastly Harris has a smaller sample size, so I'm basing my viewpoint on that, things change and probably will the more Harris plays (larger sample size).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Their arms look pretty equal to me, but Harris has a more compact throwing motion. ZC's strength is being able to make something out of nothing. Both look good, just different.
    It looks to me that Harris has both a stronger arm and better mechanics than Collaros.

From what I've seen, Harris can make all the throws with velocity and touch as required.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    AV, best comparison I seen so far. As far as mechanics are concerned, Collaros' throwing motion reminds me of Joe Theismann during his Argo days. And I recall Milanovich comparing Harris to Ray, and after having observed him closely at training camp, noticed how smooth and efficient his arm motion is. I did not see any evidence that he lacked arm strength either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno27 View Post
    AV, best comparison I seen so far. As far as mechanics are concerned, Collaros' throwing motion reminds me of Joe Theismann during his Argo days. And I recall Milanovich comparing Harris to Ray, and after having observed him closely at training camp, noticed how smooth and efficient his arm motion is. I did not see any evidence that he lacked arm strength either.

Harris throws a better ball with a tighter spiral, plus from the one game anyway he leads the receivers more.
    ZC has the legs, with the ability to roll out and make things happen with that certain sandlot intangible of winning.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Harris throws a better ball with a tighter spiral, plus from the one game anyway he leads the receivers more.
    ZC has the legs, with the ability to roll out and make things happen with that certain sandlot intangible of winning.
    A good summary of their two skill sets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I love Trevor Harris. He's a gamer, and a leader, he makes good decisions, and he's going to be a very good CFL QB.

But the evidence is in, folks. He'll never be a great one like Collaros is going to be. Surely nobody who knows anything about the game can argue otherwise. Harris will always be the Ronnie Lancaster to Collaros' Russ Jackson.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I love Trevor Harris. He's a gamer, and a leader, he makes good decisions, and he's going to be a very good CFL QB.

But the evidence is in, folks. He'll never be a great one like Collaros is going to be. Surely nobody who knows anything about the game can argue otherwise. Harris will always be the Ronnie Lancaster to Collaros' Russ Jackson.
    As much as it pains me to say it, you are likely correct. Of course, if Harris had played 3 games against Creehan's D, maybe the situation would be a little different looking.
    Still can't help but wonder if Collaros may take 1 last NFL shot once his contract is up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Based on the available evidence, Harris appears to be a solid starter but not the star Collaros seems to be. But there are enough potential variables (including the fact Collaros has almost a season's worth of additional starts under his belt, and the fact Collaros has a defence and special teams that regularly present him with the ball in good field position) that I'm not yet ready to declare the competition as over. But it's undeniable that Collaros has an undefinable "it" quality, IMO. Which may or may not make him attractive to someone down south at some point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    But it's undeniable that Collaros has an undefinable "it" quality, IMO. Which may or may not make him attractive to someone down south at some point.
    Collaros doesn't have the arm strength that the NFL is looking for. His biggest weakness is throwing the deep ball, which is one area Harris may have an advantage.