Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I seem to remember Milanovich taking the wind in the 3rd quarter in similar situations in the past and I hope he doesn't do that today. If they can get into the 4th quarter no more than 10 points behind, they have a good shot at victory IMO.
    I suspect that Milanovich wanted the wind in the fourth quarter both it's in Regina and to give Pfeffer every advantage possible at the end of his first game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Possibly a very special Argos team this year. They were certainly in a dogfight today. But hasn't Jefferson already played four years in the NFL (a three-year starter)?
    Yeah, but playing cornerback on the wide field up here is still different than playing it south of the border. I expect Jefferson to have growing pains too.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I agree. Glenn was 33/40 for 477 yards, often making good passes, but our dbs were beaten badly sometimes.
    The good sign is we are actually winning these games as our young players gain experience.
    One thing this team has in abundance from the top down is great character and belief in each other (they will need those traits when tough times eventually happen), really likeable team this year, Jim Barker and the football operations staff deserve a ton of credit for the talent and character level of this years team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    The D was horrid, well over 500 yards in the regular time.
    Let's be honest we didn't deserve this game.
    Argos bounce though.
    The Argos showed that they still have problems today but they also showed they have a fighting spirit. Because football involves more coordinated teamwork that most other sports, the best team at the beginning of the season won't be anywhere near the best at the end of the season unless they significantly improve that coordination. The Argos have a lot to learn, but I sense they are willing to not be overcome by mistakes and have the potential to be much better by the end of the season. I also think that if they can keep a large part of this together into future years (a big if considering the history of the Argos), they could be a top team for several more years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The good sign is we are actually winning these games as our young players gain experience.
    One thing this team has in abundance from the top down is great character and belief in each other (they will need those traits when tough times eventually happen), really likeable team this year, Jim Barker and the football operations staff deserve a ton of credit for the talent and character level of this years team.
    What I noticed is that even when they were beaten badly, they had good recovery speed. As they gain more experience and can cover more closely, this speed will make a big difference. I remember that the Riders went from having the most inexperienced, worst performing set of dbs to the best in the league the next year with exactly the same dbs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    HOLY CRAPOLA. My emotions where up and down and somehow we pulled victory from the jaws of defeat. NEVER thought we'd win with how we were playing. Finally let Harris loose with his arm and he was hooking up all over the place. LOVE the three new receivers. All look solid and surprisingly not lost like some of our vets in the last two or three years. How about Coombs with that two point convert. Without that very athletic play we're done. If anything we should all be very proud of a team that plays to the end. Should be one hell of a year. Barker you deserve so much credit for finding GREAT talent year after year. I'm sure the Riders were wondering where the hell these guys came from. I thought we'd be 0-2 at this point so I don't care if the D gives up 1000 yards as long as we win.
    Emotions tend to move up and down a lot with young teams. I agree on the three new receivers: their combination of size, speed and attitude stands us in good stead. Coombs potential is only beginning to be tapped, IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Whitaker is continuing to show he adds another dimension to our offence, gaining more than 100 yards again with 69 yards on 8 rushes and 47 on 6 catches.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Fantastic game -- incredibly entertaining with tons of momentum swings in the fourth quarter and OT. Hats off to Harris for the incredibly clutch drive to get us to OT and for continuing to roll in OT altho we did get the benefit of some really stupid Sask penalties. Our new receivers all look really good -- we're gonna need them because I don't see Durie getting back any time soon. Also banged up in the secondary. Tremendous start for Pfeffer, who had to kick in the most difficult building in the CFL. His game-tying convert was no gimme.

Defensive line got manhandled, mostly, and the secondary got picked apart. But count on Kevin Glenn to make that one fatal mistake, as he did today on the pick six. Sask's new receiver Ryan Smith looks even better than Dressler.

When was the last time we started a season 2-0?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    1997. My, it has been a while, hasn't it?

Another 15-3 season would work for me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Bruce Campbell did a very good job of shutting down John Chick.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    You give Kevin Glenn enough time and he is more than capable of beating you, but isn't this game the perfect reflection of his career?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Man what a great game. Probably one of the best in a long time. If this keeps up this will be one of the more memorable Argo seasons

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I think this kind of game is what the league had in mind with the new rules on pass defense. With the non contact after five yards an accurate passer is going to find that his receivers will get open with regularity. Tough job being a DB now in the CFL.
    Another good game by Harris. Even when Ricky comes back I think Milo will give Harris some playing time now.
    Whitaker was a great pick up. Steele will probably replace Josey on the roster when he comes back. The three new WR's continue to impress.

The D Line was average today IMO. But had some good stops when it counted. Something has to be done about how the Riders were able to run sweeps quite successfully. Not enough pursuit or something missing. If they can't stop a guy like Messam on a sweep Cornish will have a field day.

All told it was a good entertaining game. Probably both teams deserved a point. But the Argos will take the two, thank you very much.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Best game of the year and maybe the past few years?
    So far we have had several good ones, the rules especially on the defensive pass interference side are starting to kick in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    You give Kevin Glenn enough time and he is more than capable of beating you, but isn't this game the perfect reflection of his career?
    As TSN continually showed Glenn's career passing yardage as he pursued and then passed Dunigan for 7th place overall, I was thinking of his reputation as always the bridesmaid but never the bride, something that happened again today as you noted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Our D wasn't perfect by any means, but I don't think Glenn is getting enough credit. He was extremely accurate today, and it's hard to defend a perfectly thrown ball.
    Glenn was on fire, but I give credit to Chapdelaine. He called a great game today.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Chad was his usual with 8 catches for 88 yards and 1 TD, placing him first in receiving yardage in the league again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Next week will be a real test against Calgary. They will be meaner than a junkyard dog after getting drubbed by Montreal. However, this victory will stand them in good stead.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Next week will be a real test against Calgary. They will be meaner than a junkyard dog after getting drubbed by Montreal. However, this victory will stand them in good stead.
    There are now questions surrounding the Stamps. Was losing Price, Sinopoli, Lewis, Jones and Bryant from their offence too much loss? Are their defensive backs going to be able to adjust to the new rules? They are, on the surface, a solid team but there may be some cracks there that weren't apparent two weeks ago. It will certainly be a good test for the Argos and it is great that the game is scheduled on a Monday night with virtually nothing else of importance going on in the North American sports world (save for the skills competitions in MLB).
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Bruce Campbell did a very good job of shutting down John Chick.
    Your whole oline played lights out even with Jeff Keeping being a late scratch.