Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I had four people over for the game. Two of them were true CFL fans and the other two were battling with the NFL only brain disease. While there were friendly shots back and forth regarding our respective leagues, the heathens got pretty into the game during that final minute of regulation. When the Argos won it in overtime we all went nuts and a riproaring good time ensued. Needless to say, the Double Blue gained two fans Sunday evening.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I had four people over for the game. Two of them were true CFL fans and the other two were battling with the NFL only brain disease. While there were friendly shots back and forth regarding our respective leagues, the heathens got pretty into the game during that final minute of regulation. When the Argos won it in overtime we all went nuts and a riproaring good time ensued. Needless to say, the Double Blue gained two fans Sunday evening.
    I believe most "NFL" only crowd are closet CFL fans. Time to get those two some tickets for the August 8th game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    I believe most "NFL" only crowd are closet CFL fans. Time to get those two some tickets for the August 8th game.
    I've always thought that most NFL only fans are not really huge football fans, but rather fans of what is popular. I really believe the Argos move to BMO will hike up their "cool" factor in Toronto.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I've always thought that most NFL only fans are not really huge football fans, but rather fans of what is popular. I really believe the Argos move to BMO will hike up their "cool" factor in Toronto.
    Yes, that and the betting aspect. A genuine home stadium will do wonders for the Argonauts(') brand.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    They can't be huge football fans if they dismiss the CFL. How can anyone call themselves a huge football fan by embracing one and dismissing the other either way?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    They can't be huge football fans if they dismiss the CFL. How can anyone call themselves a huge football fan by embracing one and dismissing the other either way?
    Welcome to Scarborough.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I think a lot of CFL fans dismiss the Arena league...

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:

Level
    I consider myself a huge NHL fan but I don't give a crap about the KHL... This argument makes no sense..

Myself, I am a fan of both league but over the last few years life has gotten busier with a young family and I have not watched as much of either as I'd like too!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    I consider myself a huge NHL fan but I don't give a crap about the KHL... This argument makes no sense..

Myself, I am a fan of both league but over the last few years life has gotten busier with a young family and I have not watched as much of either as I'd like too!
    Do we have TV coverage in Canada for KHL games?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    It might not be if we had better TV coverage of it up here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post

I don't have a problem if someone likes one league over the other as long as they can explain why. When I hear things like, "What does that guy make? 60K a year?" as a reason for not liking the CFL, then I consider people like that to be morons.

I personally like both leagues a lot, but I love the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I will watch some NFL but I just can't seem to get into it as I have no rooting interest. I have a hatred for the Bills so I guess that I cheer for any team they are playing but that's about it. I have always loved the CFL though.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I will watch some NFL but I just can't seem to get into it as I have no rooting interest. I have a hatred for the Bills so I guess that I cheer for any team they are playing but that's about it. I have always loved the CFL though.
    Not having a rooting interest is a good reason. I cheer the Bills (again), but admittedly started rooting against them during their Super Bowl runs. With all the bandwagon jumpers at that time, I was really afraid that if they won the Super Bowl, people would have taken to the streets of Toronto to celebrate. That would not have been good for us Argos fans. I'm sure there would have been a lot of taunting from these NFL only types.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I am an Argos STH, started attending U of T Varsity Blues games again last year (my alma mater), travel to Chicago once every NFL season to attend a Bears game (along with a Blackhawks game), and last year attended my first NCAA football game - at Notre Dame no less!

I like to think that I am a BIG football fan.
    Do I pass the test here?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I am an Argos STH, started attending U of T Varsity Blues games again last year (my alma mater), travel to Chicago once every NFL season to attend a Bears game (along with a Blackhawks game), and last year attended my first NCAA football game - at Notre Dame no less!

I like to think that I am a BIG football fan.
    Do I pass the test here?
    Two thumbs up from me!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    And some dismiss the NFL.

The world of gridiron football is really quite small compared to many other sports, so dismissing other leagues is, frankly, really stupid. And let's not forget that the NFL helped out the CFL not that long ago when it didn't really need to.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Not having a rooting interest is a good reason. I cheer the Bills (again), but admittedly started rooting against them during their Super Bowl runs. With all the bandwagon jumpers at that time, I was really afraid that if they won the Super Bowl, people would have taken to the streets of Toronto to celebrate. That would not have been good for us Argos fans. I'm sure there would have been a lot of taunting from these NFL only types.
    I didnt mind the Bill's ,enjoyed Jim Kelly as a QB. But when they screwed Doug Flutie, i became a "bill hater for life"

Personally i see nothing wrong with being a fan of both leagues, I follow the Detroit Lions, but dont really get into the NFL until after Grey Cup.

I NEVER want to see the NFL in Canada, however.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Its been my experience that most NFL lover/CFL basher types have really never even watched CFL football. The consensus is, that its not as good as the NFL, so it must suck. They players are low paid, so it must be minor league. There are attendance issues, so that must indicate low quality. All the players are cast-off NFLers, not good enough to make the NFL and its just a Canadian copy of the NFL, which, just like Canadian copies of anything American is 2nd rate. Few have actually watched a game, and fewer understand the history of the Canadian game, and what its really about.

But I would challenge any NFL only type fan, to watch a replay of Sunday's game and tell me that it sucked and wasn't entertaining. I'll even make a wager with them about it, since I believe gambling is what makes these types NFL fans to begin with anyhow. But hey, if anybody really has watched a lot of both games and is ONLY an NFL fan, well that's their choice. I just honestly believe there are very few people like that.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Used to go to Ann Arbor once a year (twice one year) to see Michigan. Went ten times but haven't been since 92. Went to see the Vikings in the old Cleveland Stadium in Dec (nightmare cold) and in Buffalo once. Also went to Buffalo to watch them kill Oakland in the playoffs when the Bills had that run of Super Bowl loses. Never had an interest in Arena football. Been to six or seven Vanier Cups. At this point I love the CFL and I'll watch CIS if it's ever on. I love certain NCAA games depending on the teams. I get sick of some of the hype.
    The NFL is losing me more and more but it has in the past as well. Too many TOOLS making too much money and being fools when not on the field. Totally sick of the NFL hype machine and way too many teams that I don't give a rats ass about. I don't gamble either. If you get caught up in the flash and hype on the NFL and love to gamble then it's the league for you. Plus I hate this World Champion SHITE! The NFL is a marketing machine. I personally thing the rules in our league make our game much better. I still watch my Vikings lose when they're on.