Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Last year in our Regina game the corps was Mann-Chiles-Coombs-Adams-Watt. Not our worst group of the year (for my money, that was Mann-Sinkfield-Gill-Adams-Watt against the Bombers), but pretty poor. Night and day difference this year.
    Have you forgotten about Labour Day? Adams-Guy-Adjei-Bradwell-Barnes. Yikes!

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Jebus - yes, I had forgotten about that game. Is that receiving group a franchise nadir? I'll leave it to you and the other historians to decide...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Jebus - yes, I had forgotten about that game. Is that receiving group a franchise nadir? I'll leave it to you and the other historians to decide...
    Certainly the worst in the past five seasons. The Andrus team in 2009 had some pretty terrible receiving corps. IIRC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Paul McCallum signed by the Riders, the Argos have turned to the CIS's All-Canadian Ronnie Pfeffer as their punter and kicker for Sunday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Certainly the worst in the past five seasons. The Andrus team in 2009 had some pretty terrible receiving corps. IIRC.
    Well it was a pretty good receiving corps until the idiot coach deliberately provoked a confrontation with our all-star receiver in order to show the team who's the boss.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well it was a pretty good receiving corps until the idiot coach deliberately provoked a confrontation with our all-star receiver in order to show the team who's the boss.
    That was the one thing I had no problem with. No player is above the team, and it's not like AB3 had great team success anywhere else he played after that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Chad Owens says Molson Stadium is the toughest to play in, but the most fun.

http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/112087

Owens comments on the new Argo receivers, who could be play an important role once again against the Riders.
    “We’ve got five guys across the board that can make plays and that’s kinda scary," said sixth-year Argo slotback Chad Owens. "I’m excited about that.” ...
    “They’re all bought in," said Owens of the new trio, impressed by not just their talents, but by their commitment. "We’ve got a solid group and we’re only gonna get better.”
    I asked the Flyin' Hawaiian to size up the rookies, beginning with Hazelton, the 27-year-old from New York City: “He’s just a happy go lucky guy. He’s a competitor, but he’s always got a smile on his face and he just loves this game. He’s out there flying around. Getting blocks, getting involved. He’s just excited about it. He’s got the energy. He’s also only going to get better.” One quick glance at Hazelton's interview on Argos TV this week confirms the assessment. He practically crawls through the lens with energy. "I’ve just been out there having fun," Hazelton said in the interview. "I’m having a complete blast. It’s so much fun out there.”
    On Tori Gurley, Owens offers these observations: “Down to earth guy. Team guy. He’s hungry for his opportunity. He said it today, he’s in it to the end. He’s gonna help us out a lot.” As far as Gurley's football attributes, Owens sees what everyone else sees; qualities that could help the 27-year-old native of Birmingham, Alabama dominate. “His physical presence is what got us tight away. Just really physical.”
    Finally, on Elliott, Owens says this: “A young, fiery competitor. Understands football. He wants to be great. Although he’s young, he understands, he studies, he knows what he’s gotta do. He takes it very seriously and he’s a big playmaking guy." Owens also loves the energy level of the 26-year-old native of Fayetteville, North Carolina. “After every catch he makes, whether it’s a 45, 50 yard diving catch or a 3 yard hitch route, he’s spinning that ball after he catches it. He just gets excited about the game.”
    The three rookies have a ready tandem in Owens and Durie when it comes to guidance in year one of their CFL careers. "Me and 'Dre got the receivers," Owens says, enthusiastically. "We’ve taken care of our guys and trying to to our best to lead.”
    http://www.argonauts.ca/article/owen...rgos-receivers

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

Let Bart Andrus be a lesson

Cracks me up, or makes me weep; American Coaches who come up here blind with NFL resumes who then bring in Assistants with no CFL experience.

That is a guaranteed fail, and any GM who even contemplates allowing it, should be fired on the spot.

How's this for a receiving core:

Jason Carter - Obed Cetoute - Chad Lukas and Hank Edwards.

Think I just threw up in my mouth

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Cetoute had potential that somehow got squandered.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Cetoute had potential that somehow got squandered.
    He just couldn't stay healthy from what I recall. I agree that he had lots of potential though.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Achievements:

Level
    Based on news from practice, it sounds like there won't be too many roster changes this week. Obviously Pfeffer will replace Waters, and it sounds like Vega will replace Martez Wilson, but since Keeping (probably) isn't quite healthy yet the OL will likely remain the same.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Let's leave Saskatchewan with them feeling like they did once before.

The missed kick

Saskatchewan Roughriders kicker Paul McCallum lies on the field after missing his field goal attempt in overtime during the Western Final with
    the BC Lions in Vancouver Sunday Nov. 14, 2004. The Lions won on a field goal. (CP PHOTO/Chuck Stoody) (Canadian Press)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ders-1.3134981

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Milanovich talks about Foley, Pfeffer and the Riders

http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/112159

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    A little history on Pfeffer.
    With Waters gone from four to six weeks, this is Pfeffer’s time to shine. Not many teams have shown faith in him. He was brought into the Ottawa Redblacks camp for a tryout but was not offered a contract and released.

Pfeffer wound up in Edmonton for another tryout. When that didn’t work out, he returned home to Kitchener, Ont., and continued to work hard hoping the call would come.
    He was at home watching the Argos’ home opener when he saw Waters come up lame. Soon after, he was getting a call from his agent that the Argos wanted to offer him a tryout.

“The team welcomed me with open arms,” Pfeffer said, “and Swayze helped me through the whole process.”

The best piece of advice from Waters: “Relax and be yourself. As long as you are yourself on the field, that’s all that matters.”

Pfeffer’s punting got better each year at Laurier. In his first year, he was ranked 27th in the country and by his fourth year, “with all the hard work, I got ranked No. 1” with a 42.3 yard average.

He attributed his improvement to hard work and the help from his coaching staff at Laurier.

His field goal percentage, however, was up and down over his university career, going from a high of 80 per cent in 2011 to a low of 60 per cent in 2013.

In his final year at Laurier, Pfeffer set a career high and established a Laurier record with a 50-yard field goal. He was named a first team OUA all-star and second team all-Canadian.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/...fl-career.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    I am very apprehensive about this game in Regina. I always feel this way when going up against deeply wounded foe. To us, it is just another game in a very tough place to play. If we play disciplined ball with good effort, we should get the job done. After all, the Riders are without Durant, and while the replacement is competent, he is not of Durant's calibre.

However, the feeling around Regina is that this game is their season. If they don't prove that they can win without Durant, the mighty green nation will crumble. They have already endured this scenario last year, and if it is the same this year, as Fumblitis says, " there will be a hay bale in every second seat". Countless season ticket holders have already been selling their seats this week on eBay and elsewhere. Can you imagine if they lose this game ?

I look for a desperately motivated gang Green - this game is their season - win or the fans go home.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    I am very apprehensive about this game in Regina. I always feel this way when going up against deeply wounded foe. To us, it is just another game in a very tough place to play. If we play disciplined ball with good effort, we should get the job done. After all, the Riders are without Durant, and while the replacement is competent, he is not of Durant's calibre.

However, the feeling around Regina is that this game is their season. If they don't prove that they can win without Durant, the mighty green nation will crumble. They have already endured this scenario last year, and if it is the same this year, as Fumblitis says, " there will be a hay bale in every second seat". Countless season ticket holders have already been selling their seats this week on eBay and elsewhere. Can you imagine if they lose this game ?

I look for a desperately motivated gang Green - this game is their season - win or the fans go home.
    IMO, while the team will certainly miss Waters, it still has too much talent on both sides of the ball, and effectively directed, to succumb to the Riders. Further, as I've said before, Kevin Glenn is respected but not feared.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    IMO, while the team will certainly miss Waters, it still has too much talent on both sides of the ball, and effectively directed, to succumb to the Riders. Further, as I've said before, Kevin Glenn is respected but not feared.
    We'll miss Waters but it's not earth shattering. I've said the same things as you about Argo talent and Glenn, and yet ... when I look at motivation levels, I get that funny feeling in my gut. I hope that I am wrong and it's only gas.
    One oar still in the water !

Achievements:

Level

So, Keeping is back and our OL reverts to "normal". There are very few changes this week, which is nice to see. Poor Saskatchewan has 10 new guys on their chart this week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If you have only TSN 1 and/or TSN2, you will NOT be able to see tomorrow's big game as those feeds will be devoted to the Queen's Plate. You must have TSN3, 4 or 5 in order to see this game.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If you have only TSN 1 and/or TSN2, you will NOT be able to see tomorrow's big game as those feeds will be devoted to the Queen's Plate. You must have TSN3, 4 or 5 in order to see this game.
    Seriously????