Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    There is no room for "personal responsibility", and should be no decision by either the player of the team that the player is ready to 'play'. All such decisions should be made by a league mandated protocol of a series of tests that either say empirically, whether the player is ready to play or not ready to play. The protocol makes the decision, and not the player, the team, a doctor or the league; however if any of the above insist, after the tests that he is still not ready, that decision should stand. I thought that the CFL had already adopted such a protocol, or am I thinking about another sport -- NHL perhaps ?

Neurological trauma is no joke - I am so lucky that at 71, I have no problems despite having had my "bell rung" many times. The days are long gone, when the trainer bent over you on the field, and said "Got your bell rung pretty good, huh kid ? How many fingers do you see ? Two, Huh ? You'll be OK !"
    In order for this to work, the team has to admit that the player was concussed in the first place. The Bombers are as secretive an organization as there is in the league when it comes to injuries and all that they have said is that Willy has an "upper body injury" although anyone with even half-decent eyesight could see the blow to the head that he sustained last week.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    In order for this to work, the team has to admit that the player was concussed in the first place. The Bombers are as secretive an organization as there is in the league when it comes to injuries and all that they have said is that Willy has an "upper body injury" although anyone with even half-decent eyesight could see the blow to the head that he sustained last week.
    Regarding the Drew Willy situation, the term "disgraceful" may be appropriate. Thankfully, no one on the Argonauts' staff behaves this way.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I guess the parade down Wellington is canceled for the time being? The Redblack's performance in the first half was among the worst I've ever seen. It wasn't as if Nichols played well; he merely took advantage of what his defense, special teams and brutal tackling of Ottawa gave him.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I guess the parade down Wellington is canceled for the time being? The Redblack's performance in the first half was among the worst I've ever seen. It wasn't as if Nichols played well; he merely took advantage of what his defense, special teams and brutal tackling of Ottawa gave him.
    Watching the Redblacks is PAINFUL.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I think Climie illustrated it perfectly at the half. If Burris doesn't miss wide open receivers streaking early in the game, I think the RedBlacks would have won handily. Edmonton didn't look like anything special until that bad pick 6 where BAD Henry threw a duck, rather than taking a sack. There were plays to be made, but Burris was on an off week.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    In hindsight, maybe a result like this should have been expected with Edmonton coming off a bye and Ottawa going out west on a short week. Ottawa also hasn't won there since 1983.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I wonder whose gonna get higher ratings in this country: Winnipeg/Montreal on TSN 1,2,4,5 or NASCAR on TSN2? (Hint: It's a rhetorical question loaded with sarcasm.)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Very impressed with that Alouette Dline thus far.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I am watching Winnipeg vs Montreal....in the 2nd quarter, Cato gets sacked for a huge loss on 1st down. No flags mentioned, it remained 1st down....he hands off for a 6 yard gain, then the very next play he throws a pick 6....anyone else witness that series of events?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I am watching Winnipeg vs Montreal....in the 2nd quarter, Cato gets sacked for a huge loss on 1st down. No flags mentioned, it remained 1st down....he hands off for a 6 yard gain, then the very next play he throws a pick 6....anyone else witness that series of events?
    I recall that as well. Obviously, Miller and Dunigan were asleep at the switch.

BTW, what did everyone think of the Riders/Lions OT thriller? Rider fans have to be very upset with Corey Chamblin playing not to lose instead of playing to win late in the 4th quarter and in OT.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I recall that as well. Obviously, Miller and Dunigan were asleep at the switch.

BTW, what did everyone think of the Riders/Lions OT thriller? Rider fans have to be very upset with Corey Chamblin playing not to lose instead of playing to win late in the 4th quarter and in OT.
    Chamblin contradicted himself in his post game interview. Talks about being an aggressive offense and then decides to kick a field go on third and one in the overtime. I'm not terribly upset about the field goal in OT but cripes he should have punted on that 3rd and 1 with 1:00 to go in the 4th to hem B.C deep. For more on the lynch mob out here check out the main discussion at www.riderfans.com

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    C'm not terribly upset about the field goal in OT but cripes he should have punted on that 3rd and 1 with 1:00 to go in the 4th to hem B.C deep. For more on the lynch mob out here check out the main discussion at www.riderfans.com
    100% agreed. There has been some interesting in game decisions by coaches that have cost their teams games so far.

Week 1, Kent Austin calling a deep pass attempt with less than a minute left, stopping the clock and allowing Calgary to kick the game winning field goal.
    Week 2, Riders going hurry up with just over a minute left on the Argos 1 in an at the time, tie game. Had they taken off even 15 seconds from the play clock, I doubt the Argos would have had enough time to come back and score a TD, forcing OT.
    Week 3: not punting on 3rd and 1 in your own end with a 3 point lead and less than 1 minute left
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Watching the Redblacks is PAINFUL.
    The Redblacks are still a long way from a good team but they definitely are getting better. They have already matched last year's win record. One obvious place is at receiver because of the addition of Sinopoli, Williams and Price. Their defence last year was not terrible, rather it was worn down from having to return to the field again and again after another two and out.

Watching a video repeat of the 46-17 thrashing administered by the Edmonton Eskimos was no more enjoyable than playing in it, Henry Burris assured everyone. ...Burris is among the most notable offenders in Thursday’s blowout, contributing directly to the hole that the Redblacks dug themselves into by throwing an ill-advised pass that Eskimos defensive back John Ojo picked off and returned 57 yards for the game’s opening touchdown. But Burris was from the only culprit. ...
    Redblacks coaches and management have apparently decided that this group of players can regain forward momentum. There were no new faces on the practice field Monday despite the release of fullback Jefferson Court from the active roster and two temporary residents of the practice roster: long-snapper Tanner Doll and offensive lineman Alexandre Laganière, who had been expected to return to their university teams. ...

Court’s departure also signified a show of confidence in Jordan Verdone’s transition to fullback after three CFL seasons of mostly backup duty at linebacker.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/foot...oss-to-eskimos

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Regarding the Drew Willy situation, the term "disgraceful" may be appropriate. Thankfully, no one on the Argonauts' staff behaves this way.
    In the rush to get Drew Willy back, I wonder if they are creating Buck Pierce II.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The following article gives background on Richie Leone, the rookie BC Lion kicker who took Paul McCallum's job and who kicked a team record 56 yard field goal to win in overtime against the Riders.

As a second-team All-American at Houston, Leone was a three-time semi-finalist for the Ray Guy Award, given to the top punter in NCAA football. A four-year starter, he holds school records for punts resulting in fair catches (87) and ones longer than 50 yards (54). His career average of 43.1 yards is the second-highest in Cougar history.
    Since leaving Houston, Leone has twice been signed by NFL teams to challenge the resident veteran punter -- Sam Koch with the Baltimore Ravens and Brad Wing of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Koch had a career-best season in 2014, averaging 47.4 yards per punt and a league-best 43.3 net yards. He was only 22nd best the previous season before Leone arrived to provide competition.
    While Leone didn’t catch on with either NFL team (he was released by the Steelers on May 11, three weeks before the start of Lions’ training camp), the experience has made him more confident and, at the same time, more self-critical.
    His soaring, hanging punts averaged 48.2 yards (on six attempts) against the Roughriders, with a long of 58 yards. No, the ball wasn’t filled with helium.
    “I’m not a seasoned punter,” admitted the 23-year-old. “I’m not a seasoned kicker. I’m not a seasoned anything yet. I’d say I dropped a couple (punts) a little too inside. I’ve been reminded that I’m not going to be perfect. It was only my second game. But we’re always chasing greatness as professionals.”
    Calm, disciplined and full of purpose, Leone was great when he had to be Friday night.
    http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2015/07/12...lions-comeback