Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Here's a question, I know Swayze Waters is money when it comes to kicking, and was basically the best player for the Argos last season, but if a guy like Pfeffer comes along and puts up near Waters numbers, do the Argos go in favour of a guy like Pfeffer, because Waters is an international? I mean everyone knows that a very good kicker is important, but so is a coveted international spot in other areas. Kickers are generally nationals when you have a good one, although the 32 yard convert might sway that a little bit this year. Just wondering.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Nope, Swayze is still #1. The cliche that special teams are important in the CFL remains true and he is the best at it.

I'm not overly concerned about having or needing an extra import right now.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    IF Emry's best days are long behind him and if he is damaged goods, I'd be happy with Jones over him; but IF Emry is not washed-up (and not sure he is), then any gob who favored Jones over him and discounted Emry's former ability, would be, well, a gob; sorry, I have to go with best form shown in the league, but yeah, age and recent playing form should be considered too: would you be good with some suggesting Owens be let go or traded away now? - cause really, I think it could easily be argued that Owens best days were at least 2 seasons ago and lately he looks sub-par - not dangerous on punt returns, coughs up the ball, drops passes - I still have faith he can rebound and be very good again though.
    Owens is still an outstanding receiver. One bad game does not mean he's near the end. Emry had one bad season, and the one before that was no better than OK. I have little faith Emry will ever again play like he did in 2011-12.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Owens is still an outstanding receiver. One bad game does not mean he's near the end. Emry had one bad season, and the one before that was no better than OK. I have little faith Emry will ever again play like he did in 2011-12.

Maybe so but in the same reasoning Foley in my opinion is done, will never be the force he was with BC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I didn't think any of those long throws were interceptable. It could just be a consequence of being poorly thrown with a consistent error, but I don't think he's thrown a truly interceptable ball yet. Owens' deflection doesn't count, and the one that Sask picked off required a pretty athletic move by the defender.
    No, you are right. It usually is safer to overthrow. I was just commenting that a lot of big plays come from underthrown balls.

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Maybe so but in the same reasoning Foley in my opinion is done, will never be the force he was with BC.
    Foley hasn't played for BC in 6 years. You do know that he's had 20 sacks the last 2 season's, don't you? In fact, he had 12 last year which tied his career high with BC and had his 2nd career high in tackles with 54 (more than any season with BC). Doesn't sound like someone that was done to me. Or did you conveniently not watch when he wasn't wearing double blue?

Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Disagree - big-time - on Whiteside - the guy has a motor and was around the ball lots when he played DE last year - I'd take him over Vega hands down.
    I don't know. He kind of reminded me of David Lee. Always on the cusp of making a play, but not quite getting there.

Vega is a proven playmaker in this league, and in the Saskatchewan game at least, made a couple of stops on 2nd and short running plays causing the Riders to have to go for 3 rather than 7.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    "Foley hasn't played for BC in 6 years. You do know that he's had 20 sacks the last 2 season's, don't you? In fact, he had 12 last year which tied his career high with BC and had his 2nd career high in tackles with 54 (more than any season with BC). Doesn't sound like someone that was done to me. Or did you conveniently not watch when he wasn't wearing double blue?"

Have you watched him the last 3 games?
    What about the last time around with the Argos, despite having a good GC game, the team let him go and wanted no part of him as a FA.
    No one won this trade of Emery vs Foley, both players no longer have the impact with their best before dates long passed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    "Foley hasn't played for BC in 6 years. You do know that he's had 20 sacks the last 2 season's, don't you? In fact, he had 12 last year which tied his career high with BC and had his 2nd career high in tackles with 54 (more than any season with BC). Doesn't sound like someone that was done to me. Or did you conveniently not watch when he wasn't wearing double blue?"

What about the last time around with the Argos, despite having a good GC game, the team let him go and wanted no part of him as a FA.
    No one won this trade of Emery vs Foley, both players no longer have the impact with their best before dates long passed.
    You clearly stated that he was done after he left BC. I pointed out that his best season statistically was last year, some 6 seasons after he left BC. Now you base everything over a 3 game period. Just like your great claim after seeing him play once that Harris had "happy feet"..whatever that means.

I really can't wait for the next time you contradict yourself. It's quite humourous.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

We won the trade if for no other reason than we were able to start two NATs as a result of it: at LB and DE. If we keep Emry we still start only one NAT at LB and two INTs at DE. And that means we can't start all three new INT receivers. That trade allows Gurley to play in our offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    We won the trade if for no other reason than we were able to start two NATs as a result of it: at LB and DE. If we keep Emry we still start only one NAT at LB and two INTs at DE. And that means we can't start all three new INT receivers. That trade allows Gurley to play in our offence.
    Agree that we won the trade Paul, but you don't think that both Emery and Greenwood would start at LB if we didn't make the trade? You're not keeping Emery to be a back up that's for sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Agree that we won the trade Paul, but you don't think that both Emery and Greenwood would start at LB if we didn't make the trade? You're not keeping Emery to be a back up that's for sure.
    I don't think you start both of them and Jones because one "cover" LB is needed. So I will amend my statement to read that the trade allows us to start four INT receivers (Owens plus the three new guys) AND Jones. Without the trade we probably could have had only four of those five in the starting lineup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't think you start both of them and Jones because one "cover" LB is needed. So I will amend my statement to read that the trade allows us to start four INT receivers (Owens plus the three new guys) AND Jones. Without the trade we probably could have had only four of those five in the starting lineup.
    I agree with that (needing a cover back), but I think that if you keep Emery, he's starting ahead of Jones, not because he's better, but because you get more flexibility. How else can you explain Jones backing him up last year? Personally, I like Thomas Miles and James Yurichuk better. Yurichuk had 1 start last year and was better in that one game against Hamilton than Emery in any of the games he played last year, and Miles because he is younger and has more upside.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You clearly stated that he was done after he left BC. I pointed out that his best season statistically was last year, some 6 seasons after he left BC. Now you base everything over a 3 game period. Just like your great claim after seeing him play once that Harris had "happy feet"..whatever that means.

I really can't wait for the next time you contradict yourself. It's quite humourous.

Can you read, obviously not.
    I said his best years were in BC.
    Based on the 3 games so far, a non factor and yes for me he would be replaced on the line as there is no pressure and he is being manhandled.
    Last edited by argotom; 07-16-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Owens had a rare bad game. Foley is doing fine and these guys bring a lot to the sideline and locker room and that needs to be accounted for in your assessment. The team as a whole did not do as well in this game but I was impressed with their resolve after a disastrous 2nd quarter. Other than those minutes and Calgary's final drive (showing why they are defending champs) the Argos outplayed them in their stadium. If you had said they'd start out the season at 2-1 given the schedule and injuries, I would've gladly taken it. Now hopefully, some time at home and extra prep has them winning in BC for the second time in a row!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Can you read, obviously not.
    I said his best years were in BC.
    Based on the 3 games so far, a non factor and yes for me he would be replaced on the line as there is no pressure and he is being mishandled.
    Pretty sure I can read pretty well..just that I don't change my point of view with the wind. I guess someone hacked your account when you posted this:

And I said he had the best year of his career last year. You would have been a lot more accurate if you said he will never be the force he was last year again. But that would mean you making sense, so I guess I am asking way too much.

Nobody said that Foley has been great thus far, but neither has Okpalaugo. Point being, it's only been three games, and a horrible schedule flying out west and back every week thus far. I'm willing to give him a chance to turn things around.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ok that's fine I can deal with that.
    But it's the DC and the line coach that no doubt have evaluated Foley and the rest on film to include the DB's whose back end coverage has been equally as bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Ok that's fine I can deal with that.
    But it's the DC and the line coach that no doubt have evaluated Foley and the rest on film to include the DB's whose back end coverage has been equally as bad.
    I don't think that the defensive backs have been that bad at all, especially considering that they haven't gotten as much pressure from their defensive line over the last two weeks as they would have liked.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Fines for the Calgary game. Cleyon Laing gets dinged for a late hit, which was penalized for unnecessary roughness. He'll probably be a strong candidate for a fine now, anytime he gets a roughing penalty. Devin Smith was fined for unnecessary roughness on the last play of the gamed -- play was not penalized. Does anyone know what he did/what happened ?
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Because I'm a masochist, I just re-watched this game before erasing it. To put it nicely, the officials were very Argo-friendly. The only bad call was an offside against Isaac in the 3rd quarter (he wasn't offside), but it made little difference since we forced them to punt a few plays later.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Because I'm a masochist, I just re-watched this game before erasing it.
    I usually try not to re-watch losses although I did re-watch the second half of the 2013 East Final a few times to try to figure out where it all went wrong.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I usually try not to re-watch losses although I did re-watch the second half of the 2013 East Final a few times to try to figure out where it all went wrong.
    If we lose badly, I always erase it right away.