Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    ~ 0-6 could see the Sask HC fired.
    Fan apathy has settled in too. The fan forum isn't nearly as active as it was after last weeks loss.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The disturbing thing for Riders fans is that Glenn is playing as well as they could possibly hope for and yet they are still 0-4. Hard to imagine that the Riders can do any better than .500 this season and they will really have to work to get to that level. Furthermore, their home games are front loaded this season and they have already squandered three of them.
    How long have I been saying that Kevin Glenn is a LOSER?

Anybody else love seeing McCallum miss on the next kick after he stared down the Lions bench? Dude, your 100 years old and Leone is a very good multi purpose kicker. Just shut up and go away.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    How long have I been saying that Kevin Glenn is a LOSER?

Anybody else love seeing McCallum miss on the next kick after he stared down the Lions bench? Dude, your 100 years old and Leone is a very good multi purpose kicker. Just shut up and go away.
    McCallum was pulling that shite last year as well, a kicker staring anyone down is humourous to say the least.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    So has the manure started to fly onto players lawns yet? We'll see how many true fans there are if they continue to lose. The young wagon jumpers hopped up on Piss Pil Swill fans will creep away under the wheat stocks they came from.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    CFL Officiating managed, when all is said and done, to gift BC the win. What a brutal defensive pass interference call in the end zone.
    There was certainly illegal contact at least on that play as the Rider DB initiated contact beyond the five yards. I probably wouldn't have called PI but there was a penalty nonetheless and the Lions may very well have scored a TD on that drive anyway. The Riders did not lose last night because of the officiating.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    There was certainly illegal contact at least on that play as the Rider DB initiated contact beyond the five yards. I probably wouldn't have called PI but there was a penalty nonetheless and the Lions may very well have scored a TD on that drive anyway. The Riders did not lose last night because of the officiating.
    I guess the fact that they scored useless points at the end of the game to make it look close (what I like to call a Kevin Glenn special) can make people look at specific plays, but there is no way the officials cost the Riders the game.

By the way, does anybody else remember when John Chick and Tyrone Brackenridge were actually good? Seems so long ago.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The disturbing thing for Riders fans is that Glenn is playing as well as they could possibly hope for and yet they are still 0-4. Hard to imagine that the Riders can do any better than .500 this season and they will really have to work to get to that level. Furthermore, their home games are front loaded this season and they have already squandered three of them.
    And it's probably way too soon to see another 2011 B.C. revival.

From the evidence so far, Leone might have the strongest leg in the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    So has the manure started to fly onto players lawns yet? We'll see how many true fans there are if they continue to lose. The young wagon jumpers hopped up on Piss Pil Swill fans will creep away under the wheat stocks they came from.
    I've been saying that for months now. 26000 at last nights game and dropping. At least the bathrooms and beer lines won't be as crowded

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    I've been saying that for months now. 26000 at last nights game and dropping. At least the bathrooms and beer lines won't be as crowded
    In their defence, it was raining pretty good.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Darvin Adams doing what he could never do in an Argo uniform.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    I guess "Rider Pride" only applies when they are winning.
    I remember the unbridled arrogance Rider fans exhibited at Skydome last year, fans from the other CFL teams are surely enjoying a good chuckle over their teams current plight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I guess "Rider Pride" only applies when they are winning.
    I remember the unbridled arrogance Rider fans exhibited at Skydome last year, fans from the other CFL teams are surely enjoying a good chuckle over their teams current plight.
    Over on riderfans.com, many are expressing their dislike over the "new rules" and saying that the CFL has ruined the game. Yes, there have been lots of flags early this season but that wasn't unexpected. Furthermore, the games this year have been much better and more entertaining than last year's, despite the flags. Last night's game, for instance, had relatively few flags, a good pace, a dramatic finish and was overall very entertaining. Last year saw some of the lowest scoring games in the league since the 1970s like 7-5 and 10-8. I suspect that Riders fans would be thrilled with the entertainment value of this year's games if they were 4-0 or even 2-2 as opposed to being 0-4.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Over on riderfans.com, many are expressing their dislike over the "new rules" and saying that the CFL has ruined the game. Yes, there have been lots of flags early this season but that wasn't unexpected. Furthermore, the games this year have been much better and more entertaining than last year's, despite the flags. Last night's game, for instance, had relatively few flags, a good pace, a dramatic finish and was overall very entertaining. Last year saw some of the lowest scoring games in the league since the 1970s like 7-5 and 10-8. I suspect that Riders fans would be thrilled with the entertainment value of this year's games if they were 4-0 or even 2-2 as opposed to being 0-4.
    Agree, the amount of penalties are ridiculous but hopefully decline as teams get used to the changes.
    I really like the rule changes regarding the kicking game, forces more strategy.
    Not to big on the pass interference rules especially the coaches ability to challenge non calls (let them play a little).
    Correct, Ravi wouldn't hear a peep out of Saskatchewan if their team was 4-0.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    All the teams are playing with the SAME ref's, and same rules. Its a stupid argument by rider fans
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

On another topic, it didn't matter at the end of the game, but I was confused by Calgary's decision to run the ball on 2nd and 7 late in the game. I know that Cornish was running well against the Winnipeg rush D, but I thought they'd want a little more breathing room for Parades. It didn't matter as Parades hit the FG.

I also wonder how much Winnipeg's patience in Lirim Hajrullahu lasts for.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I also wonder how much Winnipeg's patience in Lirim Hajrullahu lasts for.
    If I was the Bombers' HC I'd already be bringing kickers in to audition, and LH's next game would similarly be either a very successful audition or his swan song.

I guess the fact that they scored useless points at the end of the game to make it look close (what I like to call a Kevin Glenn special)
    Most that follow the CFL realize that QB KG lacks the magic ingredient, but by and large he's put up enough points and almost all of the blame lies elsewhere.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Agree, the amount of penalties are ridiculous but hopefully decline as teams get used to the changes.
    I really like the rule changes regarding the kicking game, forces more strategy.
    Not to big on the pass interference rules especially the coaches ability to challenge non calls (let them play a little).
    Correct, Ravi wouldn't hear a peep out of Saskatchewan if their team was 4-0.
    Funny thing is, and as annoying as Suitor is he is right about this. most of the calls have not much to do with the new rules. I don't think the Argos have been affected at all by them. To me, the waggle has really gotten out of hand. Too many offside penalties, and way more that should be called, but aren't. I love motion in the backfield, but to me, the way the waggle is tolerated breaks basic rules of football. The slotbacks or flankers in a TE set are supposed to be off the line of scrimmage. When a slotback hits the line at the snap of the ball (let alone be ahead of it) if there is a WR lined up on the line outside of him, he is no longer an eligible receiver. If there are more than 7 on the line at the snap, anyone inside the WR is now "covered" and should be ineligible. IMO, league really needs to look at this. We will definitely see less flags if it is properly enforced, because teams will have no choice but to stop taking liberties.

To me, offside is the most undisciplined play a pro football player can make, bordering on selfish.

Most that follow the CFL realize that QB KG lacks the magic ingredient, but by and large he's put up enough points and almost all of the blame lies elsewhere.
    He puts the points on the board until it really matters. That has been his career. A modern day Jimmy Kemp.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Funny thing is, and as annoying as Suitor is he is right about this. most of the calls have not much to do with the new rules. I don't think the Argos have been affected at all by them. To me, the waggle has really gotten out of hand. Too many offside penalties, and way more that should be called, but aren't. I love motion in the backfield, but to me, the way the waggle is tolerated breaks basic rules of football. The slotbacks or flankers in a TE set are supposed to be off the line of scrimmage. When a slotback hits the line at the snap of the ball (let alone be ahead of it) if there is a WR lined up on the line outside of him, he is no longer an eligible receiver. If there are more than 7 on the line at the snap, anyone inside the WR is now "covered" and should be ineligible. IMO, league really needs to look at this. We will definitely see less flags if it is properly enforced, because teams will have no choice but to stop taking liberties.

To me, offside is the most undisciplined play a pro football player can make, bordering on selfish.
    There was a retired head referee interviewed during the off-season - can't recall which one (Don Barker, maybe) - who said that the allowance of the waggle for all receivers created the problem of defensive backs being too physical in the first place. I like the new illegal contact rules but it may render the waggle as unnecessary and is something the league should look at this upcoming off-season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    There was a retired head referee interviewed during the off-season - can't recall which one (Don Barker, maybe) - who said that the allowance of the waggle for all receivers created the problem of defensive backs being too physical in the first place. I like the new illegal contact rules but it may render the waggle as unnecessary and is something the league should look at this upcoming off-season.
    I blame Ray Elgaard.