Reply to Thread
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Ray expected back "around Labour day"

There's no reason to rush him, obviously. At least not yet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    What if he comes back and plays sub par ball over the last half of the season?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Take your time, Rick, take your time...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    Then the decision who to keep will be an easy one. I wouldn't count on it though. Ray has never had an overly strong arm. His strenths are reads and accuracy.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Then the decision who to keep will be an easy one. I wouldn't count on it though. Ray has never had an overly strong arm. His strenths are reads and accuracy.
    One of them at some point is gonna be on the VIA to Ottawa as Burris won't be around much longer and nobody proven in the bullpen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That's the question for October and November.
    If Ray finishes strong, they have to try and sign both Ray and Harris.
    If Ray looks like he's lost some touch, then they have to sign Ray and Harris with Ray knowing Harris could win the starter role.
    Either way Harris must me resigned. I don't want to loose Harris to watch an aging Ray for one or two more years.
    And I really don't like the idea of playing against the Ti-Cats with Collaros and the Red Blacks with Harris!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    That's the question for October and November.If Ray finishes strong, they have to try and sign both Ray and Harris.If Ray looks like he's lost some touch, then they have to sign Ray and Harris with Ray knowing Harris could win the starter role.Either way Harris must me resigned. I don't want to loose Harris to watch an aging Ray for one or two more years.And I really don't like the idea of playing against the Ti-Cats with Collaros and the Red Blacks with Harris!!!!!!
    Yeah agreed I'd opt for the younger more mobile Harris as well. A solid long term strategy like inking Barker and Milo.

Question: Do you guys/girls not feel comfortable going forward with Harris at the helm with Mitchell Gale as back up?

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think Antwon has already answered your question.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    As far as I know Ray is under contract through this season. He's getting the ball on his return no doubt. But unless he performs up to his old standards, and I'm only slightly doubting he will, this will be his last year in double blue. Ray did his duty in 2012, and may again do it this year. But if he doesn't Harris will be the guy, and I don't think there should be any complaints from Argo nation. We went with Ray over Collaros and I agree with that, but I think after this year there will be no going with Ray over Harris, if Ray doesn't perform. Not saying he won't , but if. It's time to move forward, if Ray is unable to live up to his previous abilities.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    As far as I know Ray is under contract through this season. He's getting the ball on his return no doubt. But unless he performs up to his old standards, and I'm only slightly doubting he will, this will be his last year in double blue. Ray did his duty in 2012, and may again do it this year. But if he doesn't Harris will be the guy, and I don't think there should be any complaints from Argo nation. We went with Ray over Collaros and I agree with that, but I think after this year there will be no going with Ray over Harris, if Ray doesn't perform. Not saying he won't , but if. It's time to move forward, if Ray is unable to live up to his previous abilities.
    I love Ricky Ray and respect his abilities, but why is it I haven't heard the common phrase "quarterback controversy" used to describe the situation that will inevitably occur if and when Ray is healthy enough to play again? There will be a quarterback controversy if Harris keeps playing well. If Harris is playing well and keeps improving, I continue to start Harris if he is healthy. The team can always play Ricky Ray off the bench at any time. Harris is more mobile and his arm looks pretty strong. His touch on short passes will hopefully improve with time.

Harris may give the team a better chance to win now, and that has to matter more than anything else.

I'm sure Kent Austin was a bit hurt that he was lifted mid-game for the younger Danny McManus in 1994 in the Grey Cup if I recall correctly, but Dave Ritchie made the right decision.

In the NFL, veteran QB Drew Bledsoe was offended that Bill Belichick went back to rookie starting QB Tom Brady and started Brady after Bledsoe won a big late-season game (playoff game I believe) for New England in Bledsoe's last season with New England. New England won the Super Bowl that year--Tom Brady's first championship. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions, though I am not yet anointing Harris as a future hall-of-famer.
    Last edited by Mookie Fan; 07-24-2015 at 01:05 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Harris hasn't done enough to usurp Ricky right off the bat. He is a great QB, far better than I could possibly imagine before this season started. I fear we have yet to see his worst, however. Many of his highlight reel passes this season were into nasty coverage and the results could have been catastrophic. You can't continue to do that and expect elite results every game.

For the sake of the future I hope we can hold on to Harris but top spot unquestionably belongs to Ricky for the moment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Interesting bias in your question.

Alternatively, how about "What if he comes back and plays above par ball over the last half of the season"?
    Discuss.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    There is a lot of truth to the saying that everybody's favourite player is the back up QB.

As I have said, annoying some on here, if Ray performs as he always has, he will be back. Ideally, the team will find a way to keep both. We shall see.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Interesting bias in your question.

Alternatively, how about "What if he comes back and plays above par ball over the last half of the season"?
    Discuss.
    Then Barker has some tough decisions to make. As ideal as it is keeping two bona fide QB's in an era of QB's dropping like flies, I'm not sure salary cap restrictions make it feasible. I have no bias either I'm just interested in seeing where the Argo faithful stand on this issue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Then Barker has some tough decisions to make. As ideal as it is keeping two bona fide QB's in an era of QB's dropping like flies, I'm not sure salary cap restrictions make it feasible. I have no bias either I'm just interested in seeing where the Argo faithful stand on this issue.
    Argos are always in a good spot salary cap wise, because they don't go hard into the FA market. They prefer to bring in first year players that make considerably less money. Assuming Barker doesn't have a change in philosophy, now that they have new owners, I believe financially the Argos would have no problem signing both..provided both were fine with the plans

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Ray coming back after labour day is good ..... And hopefully Harris play keeps at a high level till then.
    Then the second half of the season we have a different And high quality QB .......that the other teams have to guess at their game planning.
    It always seems to be a new QB at the helm always gives the offense an advantage for a few games. ..... I will take that if its true.