Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Do I dare ask how long you've been a ST holder? Seems to me you may be taking this stand for selfish reasons.
    Some will have their own agenda Angelo, personally I wouldn't sweat it if the reported 7,000 people to date have committed, we will still get good seats.
    I would also assume the date you committed with you're down payment will factor in as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Some will have their own agenda Angelo, personally I wouldn't sweat it if the reported 7,000 people to date have committed, we will still get good seats.
    I would also assume the date you committed with you're down payment will factor in as well.
    I'm not sweating it. I feel exactly the same way as you. But people like you and SnowRogue who have had season's in the past IMO should not be put behind a 1 or 2 year current ST holder. There is no doubt in my mind that everyone that has put a deposit down already will be very happy with their seats.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'm not sweating it. I feel exactly the same way as you. But people like you and SnowRogue who have had season's in the past IMO should not be put behind a 1 or 2 year current ST holder. There is no doubt in my mind that everyone that has put a deposit down already will be very happy with their seats.
    This past season was my first year as a season ticket holder. Not because I didn't want to support the team in past seasons but because I simply couldn't afford season tickets until this past season. I have always attended as many games as I could afford in past seasons. I have also always promoted the Argos in any way that I could (wearing the merchandise, displaying flags, etc., etc.) in those seasons when I couldn't afford the tickets. While I agree that there should be some sort of seniority when choosing our seats, I'm more in favour of a grouping of seniority. For example, those with 10 years plus get first dibs, then 5-9 then 1-4....just because I have only had my seasons for one season does not mean that I have only supported the team for one season and there should be some way to acknowledge that!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    This past season was my first year as a season ticket holder. Not because I didn't want to support the team in past seasons but because I simply couldn't afford season tickets until this past season. I have always attended as many games as I could afford in past seasons. I have also always promoted the Argos in any way that I could (wearing the merchandise, displaying flags, etc., etc.) in those seasons when I couldn't afford the tickets. While I agree that there should be some sort of seniority when choosing our seats, I'm more in favour of a grouping of seniority. For example, those with 10 years plus get first dibs, then 5-9 then 1-4....just because I have only had my seasons for one season does not mean that I have only supported the team for one season and there should be some way to acknowledge that!!
    This is where it's a slippery slop IMO, single game ticket holders don't have accounts, so how would they know how many years you've been going to games ?
    I agree with grouping seniority, but grouping 10 years plus is unfair to those who've held season ticket for over 30 years. why should someone who has only 11-12 years be given the same opportunity at seat selection over someone with 35-40 years.

Again, I honestly don't understand why some seem concerned about seat selection, there's very few current season ticket holders, so a good seat selection is all but guaranteed IMO. My only hope is that people don't feel super entitled to things and cause a commotion when there doesn't need to be.
    Last edited by R.J; 11-27-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Ok so after a quick stop in at National in Peterborough this morning I got Totally PISSED at the lack of Argonaut and CFL merch out there, yet again. It just turns my gut to see every friggin NFL, MLB and NHL team and their shit and yet ZERO CFL. I know everyone on here knows this but it's Grey Cup weekend and a chain like National Sports has squat. I'm so done with it all. Mr. President GET SOME ARGONAUT MERCH IN ANY STORE YOU CAN. Last time I looked I still live in Canada. I'll put the F in NFL alright.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Especially in Ontario, CFL is only big in CFL cities. It's not a matter of 'hey commish, get these in to stores'.. There has to be demand

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    This is where it's a slippery slop IMO, single game ticket holders don't have accounts, so how would they know how many years you've been going to games ?
    I agree with grouping seniority, but grouping 10 years plus is unfair to those who've held season ticket for over 30 years. why should someone who has only 11-12 years be given the same opportunity at seat selection over someone with 35-40 years.

Again, I honestly don't understand why some seem concerned about seat selection, there's very few current season ticket holders, so a good seat selection is all but guaranteed IMO. My only hope is that people don't feel super entitled to things and cause a commotion when there doesn't need to be.
    Actually I have had an account for about 5 years despite not having seasons or flex packs -- can't remember how that came to be?!? But that aside, my examples of groupings could be expanded (more added) to incorporate longer ticket holders. All I was trying to get across is that while I do agree that someone who has held tickets for 30 years, etc. should have priority over me, I don't necessarily agree that someone with 5 years is any more of an Argo supporter / loyal fan than I am. It was simply an issue of affordability and living within my means.

If a grouping system were put into place, a lottery could then be done within each group. Then it would come down to luck of the draw which seems a bit better of a way (in my opinion) to recognize the fact that you can be a loyal fan without having season tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Actually I have had an account for about 5 years despite not having seasons or flex packs -- can't remember how that came to be?!? But that aside, my examples of groupings could be expanded (more added) to incorporate longer ticket holders. All I was trying to get across is that while I do agree that someone who has held tickets for 30 years, etc. should have priority over me, I don't necessarily agree that someone with 5 years is any more of an Argo supporter / loyal fan than I am. It was simply an issue of affordability and living within my means.
    I disagree, and again it's a slippery slop. Someone who's been a season ticket holder for 5 years should have priority over someone who's only been a season ticket holder for 1-2 years (FYI I'm technically in the 1-2 year boat). What if they've been buying single tickets and flex packs for 10+ years and buy a bunch of merch each year, same scenario no ?

The only way to do it fairly is to base it on season ticket seniority. Too complicated and unfair to a lot of season ticket holders if done otherwise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    The 3000 or so ST holders that decide to renew, should get dibs where they wanna sit. I am fine being 3001, as there will be 22000+ more seats to choose from.