Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

ideas for in coming president Michael Copeland

For Argo season ticket holders in 2016. At least 100 bucks off Grey Cup tickets and 100 bucks off an Argos jersey. We need more fans wearing team merchandise.
    Rent out the Molson Amphitheatre at least for the opening game. Get a great band.
    Have a team ambassador like Drake for the Argos.
    Have a Canadian qb contest just before training camp. The best Canadian gets a practice roster spot for the entire year.
    Have a gate named after Argo great Pinball Clemons.

Your thoughts,

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    More alumni honours/events
    A proper Season Ticket Holders event (Town Hall) before the season
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Good ideas so far. I like the jersey idea. Get people wearing Argo gear as much as possible! I would like to suggest a BMO Field open house, where you can try out and pick your seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Open house at BMO is a great idea.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Honestly my biggest concern is how they're going to handle the seat selection at BMO Field for existing Season Ticket Holders.

An Open House at BMO Field to select your Season Seats is a great idea.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Open house is a good idea but more importantly there has to be fairness and transparency in how selection priority is handled. There aren't many STHs and we should all be able to get seats we like but I'm worried that some other groups like corporate sponsors or TFC STHs will be given first priority. I've already identified where I want to sit and I'm going to be disappointed if, after decades as a STH, I can't get something in that section.

I'd also like to know whether the home team bench will be on the east or west sideline. It's been east since 1989 which I think is nuts as it forces the argos to bake in the heat and look into the sun for all afternoon games.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Open house is a good idea but more importantly there has to be fairness and transparency in how selection priority is handled. There aren't many STHs and we should all be able to get seats we like but I'm worried that some other groups like corporate sponsors or TFC STHs will be given first priority. I've already identified where I want to sit and I'm going to be disappointed if, after decades as a STH, I can't get something in that section.
    I highly doubt TFC season ticket holders will get priority over current Argos season ticket holders. I agree and hope the Argos do make it clear how the process is going to work. My guess would be platinum season ticket holders by inception date, gold season ticket holders by inception date and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'd also like to know whether the home team bench will be on the east or west sideline. It's been east since 1989 which I think is nuts as it forces the argos to bake in the heat and look into the sun for all afternoon games.
    Currently both benches are on the west side.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Any chance of holding some sort of open house at BMO this year? I realize the stadium is going to look different next year, but it'd be nice to get acclimatized.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    While all the idea's above are pretty neat, Copeland is probably smarter than ALL of us put together, and i'm sure he has everything figured out. This guy will hit the ground running
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Currently both benches are on the west side.
    Isn't that for soccer though?
    I don't know of any (Canadian) football being played at BMO yet, so there is no precedent.
    Also, aren't the teams usually on opposite sides of the field for CFL games, due to the number of people and equipment?
    If so, I'm not sure what they would do with the lower level seats on the east side, as the view from there would be blocked.
    And then there is the issue of where the change rooms are located. I assume that they are both on the west side for soccer.

Lots of questions, but I'm sure it's all being planned out in time for next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Isn't that for soccer though?
    I don't know of any (Canadian) football being played at BMO yet, so there is no precedent.
    Also, aren't the teams usually on opposite sides of the field for CFL games, due to the number of people and equipment?
    If so, I'm not sure what they would do with the lower level seats on the east side, as the view from there would be blocked.
    And then there is the issue of where the change rooms are located. I assume that they are both on the west side for soccer.

Lots of questions, but I'm sure it's all being planned out in time for next season.
    I believe they are on the same side in Montreal, and they definitely were at the old Ivor Wynne.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    You would want to put the visitors on the sunny side.
    It does look better and probably less of a risk to keep the teams on opposite sides.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level

1. Short term - better selection of merchandise, particularly for females 18-35. Ive noticed on my facebook feed that girls seem to like going to jays games now, and in every picture I see the girls are wearing a brand new jays hat and tank top / t shirt. Could it be that girls take a greater interest in attending and cheering on a team when they can get decked out in apparel? Also, as a male football fan, I like getting argo merch for my wife and seeing her support the team. Its not like the apparel doesnt already exist; the western CFL teams have tons of ladies apparel. Its just that the CFL/Argos don't make it available.

2. Long term - get some kind of waiver or permission to allow for a true tailgating experience down at the ex. Im not talking about the official team "party zones" from bremner or the bills in toronto series. I mean the real thing, (dare I say it?) AMERICAN tailgaiting experience. Need to give the fans a reason to choose attending the game over watching at home on the tv. I realize its against the law in Ontario, but now MLSE has two tenants at their stadium who would benefit, as would the Ticats and Redblacks. Time to organize and pressure the right people to change the law.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I believe they are on the same side in Montreal, and they definitely were at the old Ivor Wynne.
    I believe that the two teams are still on the same side at Tim Hortons Field and they are in Ottawa as well. It seems to be an eastern thing so Toronto would follow suit with their divisional counterparts if both teams are on the same sideline at BMO.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post

1. Short term - better selection of merchandise, particularly for females 18-35. Ive noticed on my facebook feed that girls seem to like going to jays games now, and in every picture I see the girls are wearing a brand new jays hat and tank top / t shirt. Could it be that girls take a greater interest in attending and cheering on a team when they can get decked out in apparel? Also, as a male football fan, I like getting argo merch for my wife and seeing her support the team. Its not like the apparel doesnt already exist; the western CFL teams have tons of ladies apparel. Its just that the CFL/Argos don't make it available.

2. Long term - get some kind of waiver or permission to allow for a true tailgating experience down at the ex. Im not talking about the official team "party zones" from bremner or the bills in toronto series. I mean the real thing, (dare I say it?) AMERICAN tailgaiting experience. Need to give the fans a reason to choose attending the game over watching at home on the tv. I realize its against the law in Ontario, but now MLSE has two tenants at their stadium who would benefit, as would the Ticats and Redblacks. Time to organize and pressure the right people to change the law.
    Just out of curiosity why do all of your posts start with a . ?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    All I hope is that Michael Copland puts in his time and does some work showing some passion for Argo and cfl football. And not to be anything like that idiot no good for nothing Chris rudge. Instead of sitting around and thinking up excuses like rudge I hope that Copland will have answers to the problems that are effecting the Toronto market.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    All I hope is that Michael Copland puts in his time and does some work showing some passion for Argo and cfl football. And not to be anything like that idiot no good for nothing Chris rudge. Instead of sitting around and thinking up excuses like rudge I hope that Copland will have answers to the problems that are effecting the Toronto market.
    Amazing that you think Rudge was given the mandate by Braley to do anything more than he actually did.

And it's Copeland.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Just out of curiosity why do all of your posts start with a . ?
    I got in that habit a while back. In a different forum, the text of a comment would appear very close to the top of a post. Particularly for short posts, this meant your text was placed way at the top of a comment followed by a big white space, and the text would look lost to me, and easily skipped-over.

I started putting the "." in the first line because that tended to center the text in the comment. A roughly equal vertical white space before and after the text, which I find more pleasing to the eye. Yes, it's a little OCD, but I'm too old to change now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Joining this Forum would be a good start.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post

Excited to hear that Copeland says "Tailgating is coming to Toronto". Maybe he reads the forums

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I didn't know where to put this, so mods feel free to move to appropriate thread.