Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I agree, Copeland so far is saying the right things and there's very little doubt that both Copeland and Ms. Moore have the credentials for the job.

As for the stadium, I believe anything over 25,000 (not including standing room or premium seats) at this point in time is a bit high and I have my doubts that the Argonauts can sell that amount on a regular basis, but if Copeland has a plan and executes, all the power to him, the executive team and ownership. I doubt very many, if any would complain about a full house of loud and proud Argonaut fans cheering on the double blue.
    I agree, especially on the seating capacity. Even if they could occasionally sell the full 27,500, I think 25,000 and making it a harder ticket would have been a better way to go. But at this point, that really is just silly complaining. I can't wait for the summer.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree, especially on the seating capacity. Even if they could occasionally sell the full 27,500, I think 25,000 and making it a harder ticket would have been a better way to go. But at this point, that really is just silly complaining. I can't wait for the summer.
    The flip side is that at least there will be more seating available for big games and the playoffs. Also more available seats should help to keep the prices down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    At the EX we would bring sleeping bags (usually with a bottle of rye rollled inside). An order these jumbo cokes that actually came with little cups. It was a very different time. But that was before they served beer in the stadium.

The endzone seats when the cats were in town, were like sitting in a UFC octagon
    Those were Family Size Cokes! I remember them being sold and being mixed all over the stands. I didn't notice too many families using them back in those days and I was just a kid then. One of those family sized mixed Cokes was spilled on me at the 1983 Eastern Final.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That '87 East Semi-Final seemed to spur the Star's John Robertson on as well as he was waving the Argo flag for the next couple of weeks and telling Torontonians about how they needed to support this great tradition again.
    WOW...if i recall correctly Roberston arranged a rally at the Eaton center. Its was a fun atmosphere. Tank Landry was the highlight.

(im pretty sure i have this timeline correct,but my memory is a sive there days)
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    WOW...if i recall correctly Roberston arranged a rally at the Eaton center. Its was a fun atmosphere. Tank Landry was the highlight.

(im pretty sure i have this timeline correct,but my memory is a sive there days)
    You are probably remembering correctly as 1987 was the year that Tank Landry emerged as a star.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The flip side is that at least there will be more seating available for big games and the playoffs. Also more available seats should help to keep the prices down.
    Yeah, but as we know, if it isn't too difficult to get tickets, a lot of people will be in no hurry to buy, and wait until the last minute before ultimately (as often is the case) not going down to buy the tickets. It it is a hot ticket (and at 25k it would be much hotter) then people that think they might want to go, need to buy a lot earlier taking away the previous scenario I mentioned.

25K is PERFECT. Those that want to be there will be there. Those that sit on the fence, may be out of luck.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree, Copeland so far is saying the right things and there's very little doubt that both Copeland and Ms. Moore have the credentials for the job.

As for the stadium, I believe anything over 25,000 (not including standing room or premium seats) at this point in time is a bit high and I have my doubts that the Argonauts can sell that amount on a regular basis, but if Copeland has a plan and executes, all the power to him, the executive team and ownership. I doubt very many, if any would complain about a full house of loud and proud Argonaut fans cheering on the double blue.
    I think the 27,600 includes all the boxes as well. I believe 25,000 will be the seating

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    I think the 27,600 includes all the boxes as well. I believe 25,000 will be the seating
    Yeah it's not really clear.

"What’s going to be capacity?

(It’s) 27,600 for seating with the potential for some standing room on top of that. That’s a great size for us."

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That '87 East Semi-Final seemed to spur the Star's John Robertson on as well as he was waving the Argo flag for the next couple of weeks and telling Torontonians about how they needed to support this great tradition again.
    I have a transcribed copy on my Facebook page of the column he wrote after that game lamenting the attendance it received.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Yeah, but as we know, if it isn't too difficult to get tickets, a lot of people will be in no hurry to buy, and wait until the last minute before ultimately (as often is the case) not going down to buy the tickets. It it is a hot ticket (and at 25k it would be much hotter) then people that think they might want to go, need to buy a lot earlier taking away the previous scenario I mentioned.

25K is PERFECT. Those that want to be there will be there. Those that sit on the fence, may be out of luck.
    What a ridiculous comment. You do understand that the Argonauts will be backed by a professional sports marketing organization for the first time in their history, don't you? Demand for Argos tickets will be promoted like never before. If they are successful, seasons tickets sales will go way up. Old attendance scenarios at Skydome will no longer be relevant. If the Argos become a hot ticket, then there is no difference between 25k and 27.5k. A hot ticket is a hot ticket.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What a ridiculous comment. You do understand that the Argonauts will be backed by a professional sports marketing organization for the first time in their history, don't you? Demand for Argos tickets will be promoted like never before. If they are successful, seasons tickets sales will go way up. Old attendance scenarios at Skydome will no longer be relevant. If the Argos become a hot ticket, then there is no difference between 25k and 27.5k. A hot ticket is a hot ticket.
    If you say so, then it must be true. How silly of me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The sky is not falling as I agree with Angelo for a change.
    It's supply and demand, create a smaller and cozy venue, unlike we have had before, then all of a sudden it's the chic place to be here in the city of wannabees.
    On top of which you can charge more for the tickets especially for the better seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree with Angelo and tom, create and build demand first by limiting the supply, then once the demand is there you can add more seats. The Argonauts don't just become a "hot ticket" because they're playing in BMO which will have only 4,000 less seats than the current set up at the dome and IMO Bell and Kilmer spending a random amount of money on marketing most likely won't bring fans in droves. There are a lot of issues that the Argonauts currently face, doing 1 or 2 things differently isn't the cure all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    I doubt it, but until it's confirmed who knows.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Self awareness has always been you're greatest strength.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    It's supply and demand, create a smaller and cozy venue, unlike we have had before, then all of a sudden it's the chic place to be here in the city of wannabees.
    On top of which you can charge more for the tickets especially for the better seats.
    25,000 seats is no cozier than 27,500 seats.

IMO Bell and Kilmer spending a random amount of money on marketing most likely won't bring fans in droves.
    If you're right about this then 25,000 is also too big.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    If you're right about this then 25,000 is also too big.
    You're clearly not following, so I see no point in discussing this any further.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree with Angelo and tom, create and build demand first by limiting the supply, then once the demand is there you can add more seats.
    I presume there will be only the current opportunity to make the physical changes to the building, so whatever number of seats we get is likely it for the foreseeable future. If it has to be 27,600 under the current config, so be it. I'd prefer 25k, but another 2.6k is not a big deal. The facility manager also wants to maximize revenue ops for the soccer team, and we are getting what I expect will be a great facility. A few too many seats (and I do mean a few, not like the 20k too many at Rogers) is a small price to pay for that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think the key is they are professional sports marketers. This is important and stadium where seats may not always have plenty of good seats still available will help. Toronto FC would die in the dome they would never come close to creating the hype. They will share synergies as well and have connections. This appears to be a sustainable good thing which did not occur in the 1991/92 era.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I just went to my car to get my other glasses to make sure I read that right. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level