Final Score: 22-25
    Last edited by T-Bone; 08-02-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Final Scores Added

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    If Drew Willy is out for the Blue Bombers then I don't have much hope for them against the Lions.

If Kevin Glenn is out for the Roughriders then I certainly don't have much hope for them against the Eskimos. I'd doubt that I'd have much hope for them even if Glenn were healthy. I don't see Shakir Bell slowing down against that defense.

Don't know what to make with Montreal against Calgary. All bets are off with the Stampeders right now although they still seem to be able to sneak them out at home.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    If Drew Willy is out for the Blue Bombers then I don't have much hope for them against the Lions.

If Kevin Glenn is out for the Roughriders then I certainly don't have much hope for them against the Eskimos. I'd doubt that I'd have much hope for them even if Glenn were healthy. I don't see Shakir Bell slowing down against that defense.

Don't know what to make with Montreal against Calgary. All bets are off with the Stampeders right now although they still seem to be able to sneak them out at home.
    Minus Willy and Glenn, just record wins for BC and Edmonton now.
    Montreal's D and continued inspired play from Cato give the Als a very respectable shot at winning.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    If Kevin Glenn is out for the Roughriders then I certainly don't have much hope for them against the Eskimos. I'd doubt that I'd have much hope for them even if Glenn were healthy. .
    Corey Chamblin IMO really erred when he gave up on Sunseri last season. I know he's back now due to injury, but to have so little patience with a young, first year starter was brutal. He had some highs and lows, which should have been expected.

Brent Smith is terrible, and if the Riders don't want to start getting blown out every game, they need to realize this.

Their season is over. 0-5 start with 4 of those games at home doesn't bode well for a team that traditional is way better at home than on the road.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Corey Chamblin IMO really erred when he gave up on Sunseri last season. I know he's back now due to injury, but to have so little patience with a young, first year starter was brutal. He had some highs and lows, which should have been expected.

Brent Smith is terrible, and if the Riders don't want to start getting blown out every game, they need to realize this.

Their season is over. 0-5 start with 4 of those games at home doesn't bode well for a team that traditional is way better at home than on the road.
    The Riders really should claim QB Dominique Davis from the Bombers' practice roster.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Interesting that Smith was in the Argos' camp for about six weeks last season before being replaced by Logan Kilgore.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Interesting that Smith was in the Argos' camp for about six weeks last season before being replaced by Logan Kilgore.
    Good memory, Ravi, I certainly didn't remember. It was so uneventful I guess.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    If Kevin Glenn is out for the Roughriders then I certainly don't have much hope for them against the Eskimos. I'd doubt that I'd have much hope for them even if Glenn were healthy.
    Our August 8th game should be interesting. It'll be our first real home game, but we'll have a short practice week and will likely be facing a frantic 0-6 opponent. I have the feeling that we'll either get steamrolled or we'll be so dominant that both Gale and McPherson will get reps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

I agree on the Riders and Bombers with their QB injuries. Calgary also suffered a core injury with the loss of Cornish, but I suspect they may be angry after their loss to Ottawa and take it out on Montreal.

I'll pick Argos over Hamilton even though its in Steeltown where the Argos have often got walloped, because I think Harris is a better QB than Collaros (going with my heart).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    I assume this is the result of the blatantly late hit by the linebacker.

If video replay clearly shows this sort of infraction, while our CFL officials miss it, I see no reason why the evidence shouldn't be immediately applied and a penalty called.

Banned
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    B.C.overWinnepeoSasoverAlbertaMontreqoverCaglar. Three-1 Toronto, know dough, under our Ticats. Thursday afternoon in Winnepego is where we've been at. [ R o a r CHED 630 or cjob680 or TSN 690 or CHQR 770]
    Last edited by allatevikin; 07-30-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Willy still suffering from the effects of last week's injury I expect BC to have an easy victory, but considering what has happened in this unpredictable season, there is a fair chance Winnipeg could win.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/B...635/story.html

After blowing a 21-0 lead to the Argos, the Lions have their own problems, primarily ones of confidence.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/V...946/story.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    With Willy still suffering from the effects of last week's injury I expect BC to have an easy victory, but considering what has happened in this unpredictable season, there is a fair chance Winnipeg could win.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/B...635/story.html
    I actually think the Bombers will win if Willy can start AND finish the game. They are 2-1 in such cases, with the only loss being due to a couple of missed FG's in Calgary.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Rider fans will be grasping at any wheat stubble they can find when their third string inexperienced Brett Smith of the 0-5 Riders goes up against the Eskimos and backup Matt Nichols who has guided Edmonton to three wins.
    Last edited by jerrym; 07-31-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I know I've harped on about the Argo scouting network and how great it is. Further solidifying that opinion is Darvin Adams and how he's blossoming as a Bomber as I watch this Bomber/Lions game. Another Argo scouting find.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I assume this is the result of the blatantly late hit by the linebacker.

If video replay clearly shows this sort of infraction, while our CFL officials miss it, I see no reason why the evidence shouldn't be immediately applied and a penalty called.
    I thought it was the result of Glenn making the tackle after he threw the interception.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I know I've harped on about the Argo scouting network and how great it is. Further solidifying that opinion is Darvin Adams and how he's blossoming as a Bomber as I watch this Bomber/Lions game. Another Argo scouting find.
    Yet another player starts playing well after leaving Toronto. Before him Terrell Sinkfield, now Darvin Adams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Barker has really turned the Argos around by focusing on scouting, recruiting, and developing QBs, rather than overpaying free agents and going for the big name player that worked out so well in the 1960 to 1980 period.

AngeloV you were right. Willy was able to lead the Bombers to victory, but I still think pushing him out there each week somewhat injured will comeback to haunt them, a la Buck Pierce.

The Alouettes will be activating Dobson Collins for their game against Calgary.

By the end of this weekend, Dobson Collins hopes to be known for something more than being the player who scored the first touchdown in Ottawa Redblacks history.
    “I want to be known as an elite receiver in the league, one of the hardest workers, always prepared,” Collins said Thursday, following practice at Stade Hébert. “As simple as that. You can count on me.”
    As has been readily evident from watching practice this week, Collins will make his Alouettes debut Saturday night against the Calgary Stampeders at McMahon Stadium (7 p.m., TSN, RDS, TSN Radio 690). Signed as a free agent to a one-year contract in late February, the 6-foot-2, 185-pound receiver has remained patient, biding his time on the team’s practice roster through four games.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...nst-stampeders

Despite the favourable impression that Cato has created so far, including with me, and his potential for a fine career in the CFL, the Als offence is still not firing on all cylinders as is to be expected with a rookie QB, so I'm going to pick Calgary over the Als.

The Als have a 2-2 record heading into Saturday’s game at Calgary, having scored 29 points earlier this season in a victory against the Stampeders. But two weeks ago, when Montreal last played, it produced only 17 points and one touchdown against Hamilton. Miraculously, the Als won.
    Many of the Als’ offensive numbers aren’t pretty, starting with their 85 points in four games. That’s an average of 21.3 per game, ahead of only the Ottawa Redblacks. Barely. The Als have scored eight touchdowns, ahead of only the Tiger-Cats, and have a league-low 76 first downs. The Als are averaging 322 yards’ offence, ahead of only Calgary and Winnipeg, and are averaging a league-low 233.8 yards’ passing.
    Of course, much of this is an offshoot of going with a rookie quarterback in Rakeem Cato, one who wasn’t even with the Als at the start of training camp and didn’t become the team’s starter until the second regular-season game. But the team’s record with him is 2-1 and, on Wednesday, he was named one of the league’s top performers for the month of July.
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...-growing-pains

On the other hand, Calgary has its own challenges with Cornish injured and Montreal coming off a bye week with more time to prepare and heal, but I still give them the edge, as Matt Walter is a good backup RB and the game will be in McMahon Stadium which is always difficult for visitors to win in.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/30...g-off-bye-week

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Ciante Evans will be playing for Calgary.

Ciante Evans has been mixing it up with those same veterans, in the hopes that this weekend he will suit up for his first CFL regular-season game.
    And the mere thought of it has the face of the quiet-spoken Calgary Stampeders’ defensive back out of Nebraska breaking out into a wide grin.
    “Man, it’s been a long time,” he said. “I can’t even express to you in words how happy I am and excited to be playing on a football field.”
    Evans is getting his share of reps this week after being activated from the practice roster. With a leg injury to corner Buddy Jackson and a tweak that has bothered Fred Bennett, Joe Burnett and Evans have given a bit of a different look to the secondary.
    The 22-year-old Evans, a slight but adroit Texan, has spent the past couple of months learning both the CFL game and what exactly is expected of him.
    “He’s a really crafty man-to-man guy; we’ve been excited to get him on the field,” said Stamps’ defensive backs coach Kahlil Carter. “He’s a young guy, but he studies really hard, he’s really bright, went to a really great program and we think that he will help us do some things this week.'”
    http://calgaryherald.com/sports/foot...how-his-skills
    Last edited by jerrym; 07-31-2015 at 07:49 PM.