Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Ratio talk

There were some interesting and controversial comments made about the ratio in Kirk Penton's latest insider column in the Winnipeg Sun. Here they are:

"Want to protect quarterbacks? Change the ratio."

"We are scrambling to find Canadians in July. We are starting Canadians who aren't good enough, but there's nobody left. A couple of our backups shouldn't even be playing pro football. With three months left, all of us will have more Canadian injuries. The ratio is killing the quality of our game, not the rules. I can't coach a good product when we have too many bad football players on our 44 man roster. What the hell are we going to do in September and October? I'm hearing the same thing from other coaches. The other commissioner (Mark Cohon) screwed us big time when he didn't fight to change the ratio when Ottawa came back."

"Any Canadians that can contribute are on a roster or a practice roster. The free agent list is quite short in season, as it was last year. Those who bring up changing the ratio are not realists and simply haven't figured out you need to draft and develop Canadians to adapt and adjust to your ratio issues."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/2...ng-alarm-bells

Why do I have the feeling that the second comment came out of Saskatchewan? IMO, the ratio is the last thing that needs to be changed.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    There were some interesting and controversial comments made about the ratio in Kirk Penton's latest insider column in the Winnipeg Sun. Here they are:

"Want to protect quarterbacks? Change the ratio."

"We are scrambling to find Canadians in July. We are starting Canadians who aren't good enough, but there's nobody left. A couple of our backups shouldn't even be playing pro football. With three months left, all of us will have more Canadian injuries. The ratio is killing the quality of our game, not the rules. I can't coach a good product when we have too many bad football players on our 44 man roster. What the hell are we going to do in September and October? I'm hearing the same thing from other coaches. The other commissioner (Mark Cohon) screwed us big time when he didn't fight to change the ratio when Ottawa came back."

"Any Canadians that can contribute are on a roster or a practice roster. The free agent list is quite short in season, as it was last year. Those who bring up changing the ratio are not realists and simply haven't figured out you need to draft and develop Canadians to adapt and adjust to your ratio issues."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/2...ng-alarm-bells

Why do I have the feeling that the second comment came out of Saskatchewan? IMO, the ratio is the last thing that needs to be changed.
    Good ole boy "thinkers".

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Changing the ratio will do nothing to protect QBs because a in QB dominated league, teams will always have the incentive to get the opposition QB unless penalties for doing so are severe.
    Last edited by jerrym; 07-30-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm glad I wasted time reading that crap. Injuries happen no matter what country a player comes from.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    He also wrote in the same story, the since the homer opener Ottawa has not com close to selling out, yet Ottawa had 23,200 at their last game 98% of capacity and 800 short of a sellout, but this guy calls it not close to a sellout. Just string up the pot

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    He also wrote in the same story, the since the homer opener Ottawa has not com close to selling out, yet Ottawa had 23,200 at their last game 98% of capacity and 800 short of a sellout, but this guy calls it not close to a sellout. Just string up the pot
    I looked online the other day for tix to the Argos' game in Ottawa this season. Mostly scattered singles, only a few pairs in the sections I looked at.