Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The NFL makes the CTV national news fairly often; the CFL makes it almost never.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The NFL makes the CTV national news fairly often; the CFL makes it almost never.
    How often does the CFL have a story that merits inclusion on the national news? Arguably three times so far in 2015: Orridge's appointment, the drug testing story and the sale of the Argos. I don't know if any of them made it to CTV National (keeping in mind that news judgment decisions are never made in isolation, i.e. what else happened on a particular day will influence whether something is or is not played). There has been no CFL story with nearly the "legs" of Deflate-gate, news-wise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    How often does the CFL have a story that merits inclusion on the national news? Arguably three times so far in 2015: Orridge's appointment, the drug testing story and the sale of the Argos. I don't know if any of them made it to CTV National (keeping in mind that news judgment decisions are never made in isolation, i.e. what else happened on a particular day will influence whether something is or is not played). There has been no CFL story with nearly the "legs" of Deflate-gate, news-wise.
    What bothers me though is that CTV NewsNet, which I watch a lot, will talk much more about the NFL in general. They will have someone on weekly making picks and their weekly sports review segments often include NFL news. However, there is very little, if any, CFL talk, even when they have someone like Rick Moffat on who is the radio play-by-play commentator for the Alouettes.

I have noticed that CBC News Network, by comparison, does still talk at least a little CFL even though CBC no longer carries the games. CTV's CFL coverage, or lack thereof, is consistent with the notion that the CFL doesn't get its fair share of media coverage given its TV ratings and attendance.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force