Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Glen Suitor expresses frustration with media in major markets

Go to 11:30 to hear the beginning of his rant: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-10...our-3-1.337439
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree with Suitor , that the discussion in TO ..... And I guess now Vancouver as well .... Often turns to attendance and marketing issues rather than the players and the game itself. Perhaps the smaller markets have the advantage, as the local media can focus on the game itself without being pushed aside by the big money leagues. There is more Ticat talk on Hamilton stations than Argo talk on Toronto stations.

I believe that the focus of the BC and TO markets is to be the " people" magazine for the sports industry. The Stars get into the people magazine when there is some controversy or they do something crazy. So goes the media for sports .... If there is some crazy signing , or punishment being brought forth, the talk of the team ..... And especially Argos .... Is put on the back burner.

I wonder if the crazy signings Popp does with popular Ex NFLers, if that gets more coverage in the Montreal/Quebec market than the rest of the team.

Although calling the teams organization out in not having any halftime entertainment is definitely a problem that should be addressed. All sports are familiar with the importance of keeping the game time experience at the stadium entertaining and introducing novel ideas. Home theatre television isn't only a competition with CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks for postion that Ravi. I have to admit, Suitor often annoys me on colour because he just keeps making his some points over and over again...just in case we didn't hear him the first hundred times, but I always enjoy listening to him as an insider on sports radio. Sounds like Braley is doing the exact same things in Vancouver as he did in Toronto by cutting costs for everything...even the half time shows. Hopefully the league can help expedite his sale of the Lions by finding a buyer. I'm tired of his act.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks for the clip, Ravi.

Suitor had a strong point of view while being restrained at the same time. The two hosts, on the other hand, went a bit too far trying to egg him on.

Obviously Suitor has encountered this many times before.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post

Suitor had a strong point of view while being restrained at the same time. The two hosts, on the other hand, went a bit too far trying to egg him on.
    What clip were you listening to? They weren't trying to "egg him on". Just the opposite. They kept trying to change the subject. It sounded like Suitor really surprised them with his bluntness, because really, he was being very critical of them. When he accused them of spending 90% of their CFL talk segments on attendance and marketing issues, Pratt jumped in with a "No way Glen", but he didn't sound convincing and you could practically hear him make the calculation in his head that the number was probably pretty close. Bravo to Suitor, I hope he comes on some of the Rogers networks and says the same things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What clip were you listening to? They weren't trying to "egg him on". Just the opposite. They kept trying to change the subject. It sounded like Suitor really surprised them with his bluntness, because really, he was being very critical of them. When he accused them of spending 90% of their CFL talk segments on attendance and marketing issues, Pratt jumped in with a "No way Glen", but he didn't sound convincing and you could practically hear him make the calculation in his head that the number was probably pretty close. Bravo to Suitor, I hope he comes on some of the Rogers networks and says the same things.
    If you're going to jump all over someone else's post, at least try and be accurate. Pratt was not involved in the segment at all. It was Price and Sekeres.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    If you're going to jump all over someone else's post, at least try and be accurate. Pratt was not involved in the segment at all. It was Price and Sekeres.
    Well what do you think, Angelo, was Price "egging" Suitor on or was he taken aback by Suitor's directness?
    Last edited by Rich; 07-30-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Good for Suits. I don't get the opportunity to listen to sports radio like I once did, but when ever I tune in, Deflate Gate is being dragged on & on & on. Does anyone ever talk about actual Argo players during the CFL season?

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well what do you think, Angelo, was Price "egging" Suitor on or was he taken aback by Suitor's directness?
    I don't think he knew how to react, which in my opinion suggests the latter.

Suitor, I believe, helped to summarize the Rogers mentality vis-a-vis the CFL perfectly. They'll talk about it on occasion but only in the context of whatever negative might be happening in the league at the time.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Honeslty, I think it was a little of both. There was definitely some sarcasm in their tone, which when someone is being as passionate as Suitor was, can easily be viewed as egging him on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Deflate Gate is being dragged on & on & on.
    Can you imagine the "bush league" comments that would be directed the league's way if this were happening in the CFL?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Somehow, deflategate has actually made the CTV National News the last two nights.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The NFL is a massive business as well as something that many Canadians carry passionately about, and this is a dispute between its most high-profile franchise and player and the league. And it's a slow time of year news-wise. Not surprising that it would make CTV National.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The NFL makes the CTV national news fairly often; the CFL makes it almost never.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The NFL makes the CTV national news fairly often; the CFL makes it almost never.
    How often does the CFL have a story that merits inclusion on the national news? Arguably three times so far in 2015: Orridge's appointment, the drug testing story and the sale of the Argos. I don't know if any of them made it to CTV National (keeping in mind that news judgment decisions are never made in isolation, i.e. what else happened on a particular day will influence whether something is or is not played). There has been no CFL story with nearly the "legs" of Deflate-gate, news-wise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    How often does the CFL have a story that merits inclusion on the national news? Arguably three times so far in 2015: Orridge's appointment, the drug testing story and the sale of the Argos. I don't know if any of them made it to CTV National (keeping in mind that news judgment decisions are never made in isolation, i.e. what else happened on a particular day will influence whether something is or is not played). There has been no CFL story with nearly the "legs" of Deflate-gate, news-wise.
    What bothers me though is that CTV NewsNet, which I watch a lot, will talk much more about the NFL in general. They will have someone on weekly making picks and their weekly sports review segments often include NFL news. However, there is very little, if any, CFL talk, even when they have someone like Rick Moffat on who is the radio play-by-play commentator for the Alouettes.

I have noticed that CBC News Network, by comparison, does still talk at least a little CFL even though CBC no longer carries the games. CTV's CFL coverage, or lack thereof, is consistent with the notion that the CFL doesn't get its fair share of media coverage given its TV ratings and attendance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I think that when of these guests like Suitor are invited on these shows, if the first question asked of the guest is in regards to attendance, they should politely defer the question and counter with something game/player related especially on Bobcats PTS.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    I agree with Suitor , that the discussion in TO ..... And I guess now Vancouver as well .... Often turns to attendance and marketing issues rather than the players and the game itself. Perhaps the smaller markets have the advantage, as the local media can focus on the game itself without being pushed aside by the big money leagues.
    In Vancouver, now that Seattle has become cool winning team, I'm seeing a replay of the Toronto story.