I agree with Suitor , that the discussion in TO ..... And I guess now Vancouver as well .... Often turns to attendance and marketing issues rather than the players and the game itself. Perhaps the smaller markets have the advantage, as the local media can focus on the game itself without being pushed aside by the big money leagues. There is more Ticat talk on Hamilton stations than Argo talk on Toronto stations.

I believe that the focus of the BC and TO markets is to be the " people" magazine for the sports industry. The Stars get into the people magazine when there is some controversy or they do something crazy. So goes the media for sports .... If there is some crazy signing , or punishment being brought forth, the talk of the team ..... And especially Argos .... Is put on the back burner.

I wonder if the crazy signings Popp does with popular Ex NFLers, if that gets more coverage in the Montreal/Quebec market than the rest of the team.

Although calling the teams organization out in not having any halftime entertainment is definitely a problem that should be addressed. All sports are familiar with the importance of keeping the game time experience at the stadium entertaining and introducing novel ideas. Home theatre television isn't only a competition with CFL.