Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    To be honest I've taken loads of crap over the years for being an Argonaut fan. My first 40 years were spent in Mississauga. When personalized plates came out I got 1Argo (have it back on my truck now) and folks always had to comment, mostly crap. So it pisses me off when a team I once loved The Jays gets treated like gold when they have done squat in years and their money grubbing owners Rogers act like the Argos don't exist. I lost the love of the Jays and baseball so I have no issues with slamming them. If that sounds like a Ticat fan then so be it.
    I have had very similar experiences being an Argo fan, to be honest they are the only sports team I follow.
    I also grew up cheering the Leafs and later the Blue Jays but as time has passed don't have the same feeling about them anymore.
    Listening to the fan a few days ago the two hosts were gushing over the Blue Jays player moves saying the Toronto sports scene is starving for a championship since the city hasn't had one since 1993. Makes them sound stupid and petty when they ignore the team that has won 4 Championships in that span.

Boatman
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Returning to the Thread Topic of Sat night's football game, here's a query for all you Argo fans, what will the attendance (as officially announced) be?
    Yes I know there's a lot of promos going on, and the no. of Comp's will likely be above the usual. So...
    To the nearest 1-thou will do. Remember that we never got above 20-K at any 2014 game (although I did my part).
    My optimistic selection is 22-K...

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think the Argos will blow the Riders out, which will make it that much easier for Taman to get the ok from the board to let Chamblin go.
    Agreed, the worst part of this Riders team is its Defence, the Argos s/be able to score bunches.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Al&Kat View Post
    Returning to the Thread Topic of Sat night's football game, here's a query for all you Argo fans, what will the attendance (as officially announced) be?
    Yes I know there's a lot of promos going on, and the no. of Comp's will likely be above the usual. So...
    To the nearest 1-thou will do. Remember that we never got above 20-K at any 2014 game (although I did my part).
    My optimistic selection is 22-K...
    To me anything less than 20 would be a disappointment, and I am preparing to be disappointed. It appears that Twitter (because it is free) is the main source of marketing for the team these last days of the cheapskate regime.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    As long as the Argos don't take the Riders lightly, they should win. On the other hand, God does seem to take vengeance on teams that believe they can walk on water and after their last game, no such ideas should be running through their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Spencer is a logical sub, but with the short week (and only one practice day) I think we'll try to avoid making too many other changes. I bet Stala will play in Coombs' spot, and that although we'll need to add another National it'll be Gabriel or Black coming off the IR.
    AdGiven those choices I'd want Gabriel first, then Black if he's not available and a combination of Stala/Adjei depending on the situation.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Our true home opener is the perfect time to face a theoretically dismissible opponent. There's no way we won't be psyched up and eager to put on a good show.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Our true home opener is the perfect time to face a theoretically dismissible opponent. There's no way we won't be psyched up and eager to put on a good show.
    The short week sucks, but I think the motivation from playing our real home opener and coming off a disappointing loss should overcome that.
    Last edited by argolio; 08-06-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I lost the love of the Jays and baseball so I have no issues with slamming them.
    You just validated everyone that shits on the Argos. Kudos.

To me anything less than 20 would be a disappointment, and I am preparing to be disappointed. It appears that Twitter (because it is free) is the main source of marketing for the team these last days of the cheapskate regime.
    Well... why care? Everything changes next season so why care if there's only you and 5 other folks there. Be happy anyone shows up and just enjoy the ride.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    That's not true, I've seen lots of promotion for this game on the TTC. I.e on the sides of busses and streetcars and on the t.vs on the subway platforms. There have been a few radio contests too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    there will be 18k there at most, likely less.

Attendance this year doesn't really matter a ton given next year so I'm over it regardless...

will be nice to have a home field advantage next year - especially on Defence. Someone said it on the gameday thread and they were right - the ticats d feeds off their fans (and vice versa) - would love to see that here, earliest next year I'm guessing but still.

as for the game, Argos should roll Sask, stack the Line of Scrimmage force whoever the Riders have at QB to try to beat our DBs (even in man to man with minimal safety help) and I really like our odds. Keep Messam and Allen contained and we win this game no problems.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Low attendance will not help the team's image in the media. Next year attendance will increase, but in the meantime attendance dropping adds credence to the growing impression that the Argos are increasingly on the fringes of the Toronto sports scene. It would be way better if we averaged something within striking distance of BMO capacity this season. I hope it happens but not overly optimistic given our terrible schedule and lack of marketing resources (altho there have been a lot of radio spots on TSN1050 this week and daily ads in the Sun).

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The attendance will be low, what does anyone expect when the team has done very little to do a marketing push and when we've fallen to the basement in the fringe Toronto sports fans minds. Jays are the cats arse right now.

Ron I just don't give a SHIT to be honest. I'm sick and tired of Toronto and it's wishy washy BS filled sports fans. I've always been a massive Argo fan and taken plenty of useless baseless crap for it. The typical world class Toronto bunk that people eat up pisses me off. Somehow since we play in Canada only we're second class. I've never liked soccer period. I only have issues with TFC Goofs who spout off for no good reason. The Jays lost me for many reasons but lately it's Rogers. People crapping on the Argos isn't going to go away. I say how I feel.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    There's a quarter page ad for the home opener in today's Milton newspaper.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Sadly with the entire Toronto media orgasming all over the blow jays....i bet 12 to 15k MAX
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Those of us that are season ticket holders .... did you not use the 2 free tickets for this Sats game?
    If not then shame on you and no complaining. That is a marketing plan using your number one voice .... fans!
    Just with that if we have 5000 STH plus the 2 per .... gives us at least 15000 .... then we have the Green fans that will definitly show up .... Im hoping 20 plus ...

Well I have 22 plus coming so its picnic at the lake in the afternoon ..... then head over for the beer and the game.
    looks like the weather may just hold out for us too! ..... open roof anyone?

PS .... 22 people not 22000

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    .... then we have the Green fans that will definitly show up ....
    ..... open roof anyone?
    I dont think that the Riders fans are going to be a big factor, as their team is sucking the hind tit.

Wanna bet that the bastards at rogers will either find an excuse to keep the lip closed, or if the Argo's request it to be opened im sure they will make it difficult.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Funny story is that Tim Micalef (Tim & Sid) tweeted that Ticats vs Argos is one of his favourite rivalries in all of sports so I commented as a joke that I was surprised a Rogers employee would be allowed to admit something like that. His response was "hahaha...never been a part of that!" So does that mean he is aware of Rogers being anti-CFL?

He then had Ricky Foley on his show yesterday so that tells me he isn't one of those Rogers guys we all love to hate.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    There's a craft beer festival at the Roundhouse on Saturday that conveniently ends at 7pm just in time for the kickoff.

https://shar.es/1qkW9K

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    There's a craft beer festival at the Roundhouse on Saturday that conveniently ends at 7pm just in time for the kickoff.

Look out Toronto...1Argoholic is going to paint the town.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Funny story is that Tim Micalef (Tim & Sid) tweeted that Ticats vs Argos is one of his favourite rivalries in all of sports so I commented as a joke that I was surprised a Rogers employee would be allowed to admit something like that. His response was "hahaha...never been a part of that!" So does that mean he is aware of Rogers being anti-CFL?

He then had Ricky Foley on his show yesterday so that tells me he isn't one of those Rogers guys we all love to hate.
    There are some decent people at Rogers who don't crap on the Argos/CFL - Donnovan Bennett and Jamie Thomas are two that come to mind - but there just aren't enough of them. Bennett, btw, is engaged to Kate McKenna who has been doing some regular segments for the CFL on TSN for the past few years.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post

Whoa thanks for that update .... I have some Camerons and Black Oak beers here to taste with my son (summer job at Innocente Brewery in Wloo) and hes stopping by Nickel Brook to bring a few home today.
    I guess the picnic gets bumped up an hour