Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post

I'm more than well aware of the fact that checkdowns are usually the last reads in a play, but hitch and bubble screens are a big part of Milanovich's offense, especially when Owens and Durie are healthy.
I also notice that when Ray is in compared to Harris or Collaros, he (Ray) was a lot quicker to throw the checkdown. Before you bring up that Ray is a veteran and can read defenses a lot faster than Collaros or Harris, while I agree that he can and should IMO there have been many many times were Ray will look at the first read then check down right after. I'm not saying that the Argos should throw 30 plus yards every other play or anything like that, I would much prefer to see more intermediate routes, similar to Hamilton's offense, the Argos offense relies too heavily on high percentage low range throws. But hey, it's just my opinion.
I don't know if checking it down quicker is necessarily a bad thing. It's no secret that the Argos turned a lot more short balls into big gains in the past. I would think that Ray sees the opportunity for run after catch yards a little quicker and that's why he hits Durie and Owens more often. Having said that, he also didn't have 3 huge, quality targets at his disposal. I think if he were to see 1 on 1 on one of these targets, he would take more downfield chances.