Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Kackert was great gaining 73 yards on 12 carries for a 6.1 yard gain per carry.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Still need to work on our tackling (*cough Hawkins * cough Isaac) but otherwise the D was solid after a slow start. D-line rounding into form and d-backs were very strong tonight, especially the two corners.

Kackert can still play, that's for sure. Josey has done nothing to warrant staying in the lineup when Whitaker or Steele come back. He reminds me of Slaton in the early part of last season -- I still think he can become a CFL player but he's not there yet. Too hesitant.

Great to see Hazelton sat down for a few series. Can't sit a key guy for a whole game but you sure can sit him for part of a game to send a message. We had fewer than 100 yards in penalties tonight, a huge improvement over last week.

Wayne Smith had his arm in a sling at the end. Assuming Keeping is not coming back soon, we may need to sit an INT DB to get King in at RG.

I'll certainly take a 5-2 record at this point, with a nice long break before the next game, only one more long plane ride and seven more home games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Still need to work on our tackling (*cough Hawkins * cough Isaac) but otherwise the D was solid after a slow start. D-line rounding into form and d-backs were very strong tonight, especially the two corners.

Kackert can still play, that's for sure. Josey has done nothing to warrant staying in the lineup when Whitaker or Steele come back. He reminds me of Slaton in the early part of last season -- I still think he can become a CFL player but he's not there yet. Too hesitant.

Great to see Hazelton sat down for a few series. Can't sit a key guy for a whole game but you sure can sit him for part of a game to send a message. We had fewer than 100 yards in penalties tonight, a huge improvement over last week.

Wayne Smith had his arm in a sling at the end. Assuming Keeping is not coming back soon, we may need to sit an INT DB to get King in at RG.

I'll certainly take a 5-2 record at this point, with a nice long break before the next game, only one more long plane ride and seven more home games.
    Expected more from Josey, would keep him around if possible.
    Hopefully they will be careful with Kackert and not overuse him at this point, great confidence boost for him and the team.
    Was hoping TSN would show more of Eugene Marve in the stands tonight, they beat that angle like a dead horse didn't they.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Great game by Kackert, couldn't happen to a better guy!!
    Well it didn't happen by accident. If you followed even a small amount of his progress, you could see the hard work he put in. Great guy, and the results have paid off. Like you said, couldn't have happened to a better guy. My favourite current Argo again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Just saw the tape of the game ball presentation to Kack in the dressing room, what a touching moment..

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    If Kackert stay healthy, we are going to the Grey Cup !! Imagine a healthy Ricky Ray and Chad Owens thrown into this mix. As much as Harris has done, he is the man for the future, but this year, you have to give Ricky Ray his last shot. He was throwing with a bad shoulder last season and still put up good numbers. What a difference between Josey and Kackert tonight. Josey had negative yards for most of the night, if he didn't finish with negative yards. He looks too small and slow to make a decision. Kackert just has that deceptive explosiveness and punches through or can make that little lateral step and get around the pile. He had that touchdown early on, but his toe touched the sideline at the 16. Too bad.
    I cannot wait to see him play live again at home.
    I cannot believe that Shoeless Joe's, from what I have read here tonight. So much for being the post game party spot for the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    My thoughts: Always glad to get a win and this one was hard fought! There is great parity in this league right now and nothing is easy. That being said, I felt that prior to the game the Argos were the better team and should've won this game more convincingly than this. Another slow start and being down at the half for the 7th straight week (although they always make good adjustments and seem to only need to be within 10 at the half to have a shot). The D had difficulty stopping big gains on first down (due to lots of missed tackles) which led to the offence not being able to be on the field that much and never really getting into rhythm. The O only had one good drive and that was on the drive where Kackert flourished and Spencer scored. Jefferson had a great return and Spencer was strong on kick off returns. Foley played one heck of a game and should quiet the naysayers at least for this week. So happy for Kackert and really wanted them to win for him tonight! Strange how when Kackert was in the Argos had a run game but when Josey was in he went nowhere. Was this because of the play call? Blocking? Runningback? The Argos are missing lots of players and yet the replacements have been adequate and with their "B" team are 5-2. I'm very impressed by this and think Barker has done a fantastic job this off season.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Good observations, stevoman, but if you put them into different paragraphs it would be easier to read (IMHO).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Just saw the tape of the game ball presentation to Kack in the dressing room, what a touching moment..
    Do you have a link?

I love watching the game balls, but I can never find the videos. Who posts them? Where?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Good observations, stevoman, but if you put them into different paragraphs it would be easier to read (IMHO).
    Good point, I'll do that next time!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I was expecting a challenge on the spot of the football, but... it didn't happen. Can't we challenge that? Even if it (somehow) didn't work out, I think it's important to acknowledge an awesome defensive play by our DL.
    It was 2nd down and you can only challenge a spot on a 3rd down play.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This game was making me nervous ..... Maybe the mobile Marve was the better choice for the Bombers against our Defense.

Kackert was awesome and definitely shone in comparison to Josey. Not only better in yards gained but also picking up the needed blocks to protect Harris.

I was also worried for tonight regarding the penalties. Last week the Argos and the Bombers were complete opposites. I was worried that we would give up too many yards on penalties ...... But thank goodness Winnipeg got their fair share this week as well.

Both these teams were beaten cleanly by the kittens ..... And the way the Argos played tonight , doesn't put them too much better than the Bombers ..... But not yet playing a full game to challenge the Ticats yet.
    Another close win which didn't have to be that way

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It was 2nd down and you can only challenge a spot on a 3rd down play.
    Sure looked like the Bombers were stuffed for a loss on that play (or at best no gain), which would mean the Bombers got a first down on the previous play but the officials missed it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Greg Jones had a strong game with 7 tackles and i STT as did Cummings who had a couple of stop 'em dead in their tracks among 4 tackles, including one where I do not know how the refs ruled it a first down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Greg Jones had a strong game with 7 tackles and i STT as did Cummings who had a couple of stop 'em dead in their tracks among 4 tackles, including one where I do not know how the refs ruled it a first down.
    Yea that play would be interesting to see again .... It seemed impossible that Marve made that first down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Yea that play would be interesting to see again .... It seemed impossible that Marve made that first down.
    Marve wasn't even close. I think some of the refs were on acid tonight. I've never seen a blown extra point call as bad as that one tonight, and that phantom PI against the Argos that was overturned wasn't close either.

New Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Level
    I am constantly impressed by the Argos' ability to come back in the 4th qtr...especially on the road.

From an Ottawa fan perspective, this is very troubling.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:

Level
    Did Josey even have a positive gain last night? Not putting it all on him, but no way he plays over Whittaker or Kackert. AJ Jefferson turns the game around for a second time this year with a huge 4th quarter TD. If Smith cant go next week, do we keep Pfeifer on the roster over Waters in order to dress King at Guard? Hazelton is a good player but must learn to keep his mouth shut. Defense came through in the 4th with 3 turnovers.

Trevor Harris TD to INT ratio is now an astounding 4:1...Kackerts return should dominate the sports talk radio on Monday, but I read the Jays released minor league pitcher Joba Chamerlain.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    If Smith cant go next week, do we keep Pfeifer on the roster over Waters in order to dress King at Guard?
    No way. Sit one of the two extra INT DBs (Agnew and B. Smith last night). Pfeffer is good but inconsistent as hell. Waters has to dress as soon as he is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post
    Do you have a link?

I love watching the game balls, but I can never find the videos. Who posts them? Where?
    TSN's video page: http://www.tsn.ca/video/kackert-emot...me-ball~680379

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    No way. Sit one of the two extra INT DBs (Agnew and B. Smith last night). Pfeffer is good but inconsistent as hell. Waters has to dress as soon as he is healthy.
    That makes sense Paul. What do you do with Spencer if Owens is ready to return? I would hate to see him out of the lineup.