Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I bet you're really proud of yourself.
    What the hell is your problem? Wow, it appears as though you and some others really want me to leave this forum. My issues with T-Bone are long gone, yet you and someone else just want to keep this crap going and attack anything I post. All I stated was that I went to the game. Yes I gave Farrell an ovation. Nothing malicious about it, and I wasn't attacking another poster. I was having fun, and the people sitting around me got a kick out of it and had fun with me.

Mulder himself said he's been happy with the results this year. Why are you not attacking him?

I personally banned myself from this forum for almost a month due to the fact that my posts were getting removed, despite the fact that at least 2 of the 4 mods on here agreed that my posts shouldn't have been removed (and 1 didn't respond to me). If you have a problem with me, why don't you follow the advice that you've given to others and just put me on you ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Another day. Another drubbing. This is the first time I've posted on the baseball site, but considering the combination of Roger's treatment of the Argos, which only seems to get worse with time, and its blowhardy swagger about the Jays during the offseason, I have enjoyed this comeuppance. Jays symbolize Rogers - overpriced and underperforming.
    Richard Griffen of the Star predicted the Jays to win 108 games this year. And he's their baseball expert.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't think any MLB team has won 108 since the Yankees won 114 in 1998. The most common prediction I saw was somewhere between 90-95. It is pretty clear that barring a minor miracle they will not achieve this mark. Again, if we are to use prior Blue Jays history as a precedent (in terms of mid-season turnarounds) the best we could hope for is 89 wins, which probably wouldn't be enough in the 2013 AL East even though it was enough in 1989.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    My issues with T-Bone are long gone
    I'm glad to read this. I just want you to know that the following response is not personal. I'm just trying to clarify things.

Wow, it appears as though you and some others really want me to leave this forum.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Speaking for myself, even though we don't always see eye to eye I don't want to see you or anyone else here leave.

All I stated was that I went to the game. Yes I gave Farrell an ovation. Nothing malicious about it, and I wasn't attacking another poster. I was having fun, and the people sitting around me got a kick out of it and had fun with me.
    Have you not stated in the past that you don't like the sport of baseball? Has that changed? Are you a Red Sox fan now? If not I can see how baseball fans could see that as trying to stir the pot. Many here have stated they are not baseball fans yet they take the time to come in to this thread and bash the Jays. I didn't create this thread for that purpose.

Mulder himself said he's been happy with the results this year. Why are you not attacking him?
    I don't agree with Mulder's position. He appears to be happier about the Jays failure as it is a good blow to Rogers. I've said it before, I feel you can separate your love of a team from their ownership. I was a fan of the Jays long before Rogers showed up. Everyone here knows, however unlikely that if Rogers bought the Argos they would not stop supporting the team. I wonder how many of the Rogers haters here still use Rogers products? If you fall in that boat, I highly recommend you switch services otherwise your position is hypocrisy.

If you have a problem with me, why don't you follow the advice that you've given to others and just put me on you ignore list.
    Why don't the self proclaimed non-baseball fans do the same with this thread? They claim they don't care yet they care enough to hate on something they don't care about. I honestly don't understand why there is so much hating here on topics people claim they don't care about. There is an Argonauts Thread on the TFC forum that I frequent where I post the games just like I do in the TFC thread here. Over there though there is no negative response to that thread unlike what the TFC thread or this thread gets here. People there that don't care ignore it others were congratulating me on the Argos Grey Cup win.

Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    Does it still apply?
    If the Jays stay on their current pace they will be done at the end of the month.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-06-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I'm happy with the results because I predicted it. Not because I hate the Jays. Which is different than self-professed Rogers/Jays haters posting they are happy about it or making "jokes"

I personally banned myself from this forum for almost a month due to the fact that my posts were getting removed, despite the fact that at least 2 of the 4 mods on here agreed that my posts shouldn't have been removed (and 1 didn't respond to me). If you have a problem with me, why don't you follow the advice that you've given to others and just put me on you ignore list.
    Correction, it was a single post by you. For which you never gave me a reason why it should have remained when I asked politely.

In regards to this issue, Instead of clicking the report button, or PMing a mod about a post you don't like or felt was an attack. You went on the offensive back. Says a lot, especially when other people use the report button and know how to send PM's.

Lastly any response after this that is not Blue Jay team related, Will be removed. Please take it to PM.
    Last edited by Mulder; 05-06-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    As a Detroit Tigers fan...im loving what the Jays are doing this season...hehe

I have question,comment...wonder if anyone can explain this very odd phemonenon.

People out here in BC literally hate everything Toronto...with one exception...The Blue Jays, why?
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    As a Detroit Tigers fan...im loving what the Jays are doing this season...hehe
    See this is different because you are obviously a fan of baseball but you support a different team and that's fine. What I take issue with are those people who state they are not baseball fans and then hate on the Jays/baseball. Many of them have also stated they want to see the Jays move away and would be happy if all Toronto teams left town minus the Argos.

I have question,comment...wonder if anyone can explain this very odd phemonenon.

People out here in BC literally hate everything Toronto...with one exception...The Blue Jays, why?
    I think it has something to do with the way they have branded themselves Canada's team. They are the only Canadian baseball team in the MLB now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Have you not stated in the past that you don't like the sport of baseball? Has that changed? Are you a Red Sox fan now? If not I can see how baseball fans could see that as trying to stir the pot. Many here have stated they are not baseball fans yet they take the time to come in to this thread and bash the Jays. I didn't create this thread for that purpose.
    I may be wrong becasue I say a lot of things, but I don't think I've ever said that I don't like baseball. I played rep and high school ball until I was 19 in North York, but chose to play Junior Football when the sports overlapped after high school and I could no longer play both.

I don't know how a lot of other people feel, but for me the reason I stopped cheering the Blue Jays and never cheered the Raptors, is because after the Jays first taste of success in '85, the Argos never had the same support. Jays fans on here can get mad that many some Argos fans want the Jays to die and leave the city (it'll never happen so why get mad over that?), but the fact of the matter is that a majority of Jays and Raptors fans are all about the "major league" hype and want the Argos to die and go away so that Toronto can get a "major league" football team too. So I believe it is more about spite for those people, rather than the actual teams--at least it is for me.

Hope that cleared up my stance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    I think it has something to do with the way they have branded themselves Canada's team. They are the only Canadian baseball team in the MLB now.
    I get that...but the absolute hatered to anything Toronto...i'd have thought the BC folks would all be Mariners fans...yet there is always a Jay's hat, t-shirt...its strange. (almost hypocritical)

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I may be wrong becasue I say a lot of things, but I don't think I've ever said that I don't like baseball. I played rep and high school ball until I was 19 in North York, but chose to play Junior Football when the sports overlapped after high school and I could no longer play both.

I don't know how a lot of other people feel, but for me the reason I stopped cheering the Blue Jays and never cheered the Raptors, is because after the Jays first taste of success in '85, the Argos never had the same support. Jays fans on here can get mad that many some Argos fans want the Jays to die and leave the city (it'll never happen so why get mad over that?), but the fact of the matter is that a majority of Jays and Raptors fans are all about the "major league" hype and want the Argos to die and go away so that Toronto can get a "major league" football team too. So I believe it is more about spite for those people, rather than the actual teams--at least it is for me.

Thank you for clarifying your position. I don't agree with anyone that wants any team to leave the city as I personally feel it's one of the great things about Toronto that we have the variety of sports we do. Ultimately those people are entitled to their opinions by why post them here in a thread that was made as a place to discus the Jays not bash them. We all know what would happen here if an Argos hater started posting they want to see the Argos move away.

I get that...but the absolute hatered to anything Toronto...i'd have thought the BC folks would all be Mariners fans...yet there is always a Jay's hat, t-shirt...its strange. (almost hypocritical)
    Like I've said before the human race is not always logical.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-06-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

So if I have this correct.

You stopped cheering for the Jays because of nitwits and morons that have nothing to do with the team or the sport. But you continue to cheer for the Argos in spite of all the nitwits and morons that have nothing to do with the team or the sport?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    So if I have this correct.

You stopped cheering for the Jays because of nitwits and morons that have nothing to do with the team or the sport. But you continue to cheer for the Argos in spite of all the nitwits and morons that have nothing to do with the team or the sport?
    Just to make you happy Ron, yes.

We all know what would happen here if an Argos hater started posting they want to see the Argos move away.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Argo hater has posted this on another forum..pehaps a Paul Godrey run "we're a world class city" forum.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    When the Jays started they were very inclusive to the rest of the country. They made an effort from day one to draw real (non Expo) fans from everywhere. It also didn't hurt that Vancouver for a time was thinking they could get a MLB team for themselves.

As for the hatred part. Think of it this way.

You (Vancouver) live beside a neighbour that is richer and more connected than you in almost every way for decades (That would be Toronto). You have deep envy for your neighbour that eventually turns to hatred. But you also like hot women. So one day your neighbour gets married to a super hottie and all she likes to do is sunbath in her yard. She's also very friendly and is nice to you whenever she sees you. (even brings you a glass of her lemonade as you are bird watching in your yard) So naturally it is totally cool if you really like and admire her (be a fan) ... but you still reserve the right to hate her husband and all he stands for.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    When the Jays started they were very inclusive to the rest of the country. They made an effort from day one to draw real (non Expo) fans from everywhere. It also didn't hurt that Vancouver for a time was thinking they could get a MLB team for themselves.

As for the hatred part. Think of it this way.

You (Vancouver) live beside a neighbour that is richer and more connected than you in almost every way for decades (That would be Toronto). You have deep envy for your neighbour that eventually turns to hatred. But you also like hot women. So one day your neighbour gets married to a super hottie and all she likes to do is sunbath in her yard. She's also very friendly and is nice to you whenever she sees you. (even brings you a glass of her lemonade as you are bird watching in your yard) So naturally it is totally cool if you really like and admire her (be a fan) ... but you still reserve the right to hate her husband and all he stands for.
    Ron,i like the way you explain things !!!!

after living out here for almost a year, i've come to the conclusion that Vancouver is Toronto's retarded cousin.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    It wouldn't surprise me if Argo hater has posted this on another forum..pehaps a Paul Godrey run "we're a world class city" forum.
    Still doesn't make it right.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Still doesn't make it right.
    You're probably right, but I just wanted to explain why I think the way I do. Call it my way of being patriotic. LOL!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Very scary incident in Tampa Bay tonite. JA Happ was hit in the head by a line drive in the second inning -- taken off on a stretcher bleeding from the left ear, but conscious. Thoughts and prayers for him, whether you are a Blue Jays fan or otherwise . Oh yes, the Jays won 6-4 in a comeback, but it really doesn't seem to matter much - I'd rather hear that Happ is OK
    One oar still in the water !

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    That is pretty scary. Hope he is all right.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    The sound that it made when it "PINGED" off that guys head was scary...figured he was toast....wow

now to some GOOD news

TIGERS TAKE OVER TOP SPOT IN MLB POWER RANKINGS

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Great news. In that situation you don't really care how long he'll be out for, you just care that he's all right.

The Jays have won three games in a row. Whether that means anything in the long-run remains to be seen.