Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Blue Jays have spent most of their off-season solidifying their bullpen. That area was a problem last year and I do believe they had stabilized it bringing in Sergio Santos, Francisco Cordero, Darren Oliver and re-acquiring Jason "The Human Rain Delay" Frasor. However, I am still concerned about the rotation outside of Romero. Brandon Morrow extended for a few years, but hasn't been able to find consistency. I am also still concerned about the Jays at 2B and in two of the outfield spots. They haven't made any progress against Boston, New York or Tampa IMO even if the stability in the bullpen wins them a few more games. They're probably looking at another 80-85 win season, which is where they've been for the last...oh...15 years more or less.

See, Rogers has to recognize that, yeah attendance isn't great, but attendance won't go up until people have a reason to go to the baseball game. When you know what you're going to get it's not fun to go to the ballpark on a regular basis. I also agree with Buffery that this "small market" stuff has got to stop. Toronto is one of the largest cities in North America so don't sit there and tell me we face problems like Oakland or Kansas City in that regard. Of course (and to the delight of some on here I'm sure) that with Rogers now owning the Leafs they'll put much more focus on that asset rather than the Blue Jays.

Boatman
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Jays signed Roger Clemens' son Koby to a minor league deal. He had a good 2009 in a weaker league, but has since struggled. http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ith-blue-jays/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Farewell Gary Carter. Before the Blue Jays became something you did much for baseball in Canada. RIP.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    Farewell Gary Carter. Before the Blue Jays became something you did much for baseball in Canada. RIP.
    Yes, those teams in Montreal in the late 1970's and early 1980's were certainly very good. Had some trouble getting over the hump, but the Blue Jays were also no exception to that rule until 1992.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Yes, those teams in Montreal in the late 1970's and early 1980's were certainly very good. Had some trouble getting over the hump, but the Blue Jays were also no exception to that rule until 1992.
    Just unfortuante to fall to the very 3 teams that were going to win their respective world series in 79-80-81. By a hair each time.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies