Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Security was expanded and everything was set up to easily handle the previous crowd size. It turned out however, that the last games security could have handled this weeks crowd efficiently and adequately.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Man I just don't have faith in Harris. He seems to rely on the defense to keep us close so he can somehow pull a miracle out of his ass and get us the win. I so desperately want to watch a game where he can put in a full 60 minute performance. Enough of the roller coaster ride already! As for Swayze his tackle in the first quarter after the punt should be one of the CFL highlights of the year.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Consistency over 60 minutes is a team issue right now and isn't just restricted to Trevor Harris.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks for the info on Miles and Jones, everyone. If Miles can indeed play at a high level (and he seems OK so far), Rolle will start to look pretty unnecessary.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Burris was 32 of 36 for 400 plus yards and he doesn't get the win.
    Somehow we have horseshoes pulling out these wins.
    We were two who had our seats sitting empty. Neither my wife and I were feeling so great so we stayed home. Crowd looked like shit on tv but everyone there should be proud of the noise they made at times as it came across like a larger crowd.
    We still have issues with qb pressure,stopping the pass,coverage and tackling and yet we're 6-2. Smoke and mirrors seems like the correct call to me. Glad we had Matt and Miller as they work great together.

The uniforms are just plain CRRAAAP! Please don't wear that shite design ever again!!!!!!!

Now back on the friggin road again.

Screw Rogers!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Thanks for the info on Miles and Jones, everyone. If Miles can indeed play at a high level (and he seems OK so far), Rolle will start to look pretty unnecessary.
    That's a bit of a leap, IMO. Rolle plays on all special teams and I suspect he is completing his assignments well even if they are not visible to untrained eyes like ours. In this league nowadays it's necessary to have a lot of LBs because they are usually the key guys on kick coverage (and that has certainly been the case for us this year). I'm more interested in seeing how they replace Isaac if he's out for a spell. Agnew replaced him yesterday. I find Isaac almost as annoying as he was the last time we had him -- capable of making a huge play but also capable of missing an easy tackle by using his arms and hands rather than his shoulders and torso.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    That seems to be the way much of our D tries to tackle. Notice that Greenwood just pounds guys to the turf?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Burris was 32 of 36 for 400 plus yards and he doesn't get the win.
    Somehow we have horseshoes pulling out these wins.
    We were two who had our seats sitting empty. Neither my wife and I were feeling so great so we stayed home. Crowd looked like shit on tv but everyone there should be proud of the noise they made at times as it came across like a larger crowd.
    We still have issues with qb pressure,stopping the pass,coverage and tackling and yet we're 6-2. Smoke and mirrors seems like the correct call to me. Glad we had Matt and Miller as they work great together.

The uniforms are just plain CRRAAAP! Please don't wear that shite design ever again!!!!!!!

Now back on the friggin road again.

Screw Rogers!!!
    The fact that the Argos have been great at protecting the ball has really helped with their D this year. For the most part, they are giving up a lot of yards, but they are not giving up a lot of short fields. Despite 400 yards passing, their D only gave up 17 points. Protect the ball, and get good special teams, and you have the ability to win every game. I will take that over forcing a ball deep into coverage any time.

Unis suck. Good for a fan in the crowd to wear, but should never be worn in a game again. Impossible to tell who the players are unless they have their back to you. That is just stupid.

And yes..What you say about Rogers.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Unis suck. Good for a fan in the crowd to wear, but should never be worn in a game again. Impossible to tell who the players are unless they have their back to you. That is just stupid.
    Sadly, I agree with this as well. Put full-size numbers on the front and get rid of the stupid socks and they'd be really nice. But as is they are for fashion, not for function.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Remember how some were suggesting we should keep Pfeffer over Waters because Pfeffer is a NAT. Yesterday we got a reminder of why that would be a stupid idea. Btw my daughter saw a guy who looked a lot like Pfeffer, wearing a Laurier hat, in the west side concourse.
    Everybody agrees that Pfeffer did a nice job (including Milanovich), but no one on this board ever suggested retaining Pfeffer in preference to Waters. That would simply be Pfsilly

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Anyone else get a little peeved that Harris was picked off on the same play selection twice ? (saved by a penalty on the first pick)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Everybody agrees that Pfeffer did a nice job (including Milanovich), but no one on this board ever suggested retaining Pfeffer in preference to Waters. That would simply be Pfsilly
    That's not how I remember it. I think a search would find at least one suggestion that maybe we should keep Pfeffer because waters is allegedly injury prone and an INT.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I would not be surprised if Pfeffer is plucked by Ottawa from our PR.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I would not be surprised if Pfeffer is plucked by Ottawa from our PR.
    Well, Ottawa signed him a couple of hours ago, but he wasn't on our practice roster. He was a FA.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    That's not how I remember it. I think a search would find at least one suggestion that maybe we should keep Pfeffer because waters is allegedly injury prone and an INT.
    and I'd happily state it again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The signature jerseys are nice. You old hermit crabs are so fickle. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    The signature jerseys are nice. You old hermit crabs are so fickle. I just wish they weren't so expensive.
    I'm not a fan of the Argonauts signature jersey whatsoever. So does being 28 years old classify me as a old hermit crab ?

Your point about jerseys being expensive I can agree with, currently I'm in a bit of a pickle as I can't decide between getting a Waud or Greenwood jersey and with the reports that the CFL is done with Reebok after this season and based on an email I received from Dale Lastman, the Argonauts and CFL as a whole will introduce new jerseys next season, so yet another jersey I'd probably end up buying. Three jerseys would equal over $600 in less than 2 years for me. I might need to learn self control and only get two lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Argonauts signature jersey whatsoever. So does being 28 years old classify me as a old hermit crab ?

Your point about jerseys being expensive I can agree with, currently I'm in a bit of a pickle as I can't decide between getting a Waud or Greenwood jersey and with the reports that the CFL is done with Reebok after this season and based on an email I received from Dale Lastman, the Argonauts and CFL as a whole will introduce new jerseys next season, so yet another jersey I'd probably end up buying. Three jerseys would equal over $600 in less than 2 years for me. I might need to learn self control and only get two lol.
    That's way too many clams for three jerseys. Sure If I made enough money to justify $600 on jerseys alone, I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly in a lucrative line of work (ask Angelo). If you even buy two, then I commend you sir, as you are a better fan than I.

And you have two years on me, so yes, you are an old hermit crab in my eyes. I'll let you know when it's medication and sponge bath time

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    and I'd happily state it again.
    I would too. Waters is a great kicker, save for his first punt which was as Matt Dunigan called it, "up the elevator shaft," but that being said he has had several leg injuries during his tenure in Toronto. Groins can act up like it did a couple of seasons ago, and I advocated keeping Pfeffer, a Canadian, who does not hurt the ratio rule on the roster because of that. No where did I say that Waters should be gone, but god forbid another injury late in the season or in a big game either leading into the playoffs or during the playoffs...then instead of having that insurance policy in Pfeffer who has kicked a 54 yarder, we'd have to have to depend on Dave Stala. When's the last time Stala, who's been a valuable asset as a receiver, kicked a FG over 40 yds, let alone 50 yards?

There is precedent in having an insurance policy of an extra kicker as not having one almost cost the Argos the 1983 Grey Cup, and definitely contributed in not defending that Grey Cup in the 1984 Eastern Final. I believe the lone kicker dressed for the Argos missed a 30 yarder in OT of that game resulting in a one point loss.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I would too. Waters is a great kicker, save for his first punt which was as Matt Dunigan called it, "up the elevator shaft," but that being said he has had several leg injuries during his tenure in Toronto. Groins can act up like it did a couple of seasons ago, and I advocated keeping Pfeffer, a Canadian, who does not hurt the ratio rule on the roster because of that. No where did I say that Waters should be gone, but god forbid another injury late in the season or in a big game either leading into the playoffs or during the playoffs...then instead of having that insurance policy in Pfeffer who has kicked a 54 yarder, we'd have to have to depend on Dave Stala. When's the last time Stala, who's been a valuable asset as a receiver, kicked a FG over 40 yds, let alone 50 yards?

There is precedent in having an insurance policy of an extra kicker as not having one almost cost the Argos the 1983 Grey Cup, and definitely contributed in not defending that Grey Cup in the 1984 Eastern Final. I believe the lone kicker dressed for the Argos missed a 30 yarder in OT of that game resulting in a one point loss.
    Are you saying that the Argos should have a second kicker dressed for the post-season, Gill? If Waters gets injured again this season, Sean Whyte is out there in a pinch and I am sure that there are a few others that they can call on as well if need be.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force