Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but make a dumbed down CFL game as an app,offer it for free (like clash of clans), and see what happens.
    Clash of Clans is made by Supercell, a company with 150 employees - and they make a total of three games.
    Quality game development is really expensive.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Clash of Clans is made by Supercell, a company with 150 employees - and they make a total of three games.
    Quality game development is really expensive.
    Clash of Clans is a SUPER DUPER dumbed down version of a CIV game, which is my point.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I have a NFL Darts game (shape of a football field) that I came across some 25 years ago...since Argo fans/CFL fans are all over 40, perhaps a game like that may sell well....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Clash of Clans is a SUPER DUPER dumbed down version of a CIV game, which is my point.
    Sure, but it still cost millions to develop. Who has that kind of money to create a CFL game? People expect Madden quality; nothing less will sell.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Check this out on youtube...This was probably custom made by the poster but it is a modern version with all the modern logos painted on the field for this 70's style electronic football game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Sure, but it still cost millions to develop. Who has that kind of money to create a CFL game? People expect Madden quality; nothing less will sell.
    And it had revenues of over 1 billion in 2014. But that's not relevant to a CFL game because CoC is played all over the world, by people of all ages. That's not going to happen with a CFL game.

The only viable way, as mentioned before in this thread, and ad nauseam on the Internet, is for a Madden add-on. I'm not a video game programmer, but I've dabbled in programming, which really means nothing, but I find it hard to believe that a CFL add-on can't be done due to technical reasons. I believe its only due to money. If you build it they will come? Not always, and EA sports probably wants many Brinks trucks filled with cash up front in order to do it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    And it had revenues of over 1 billion in 2014. But that's not relevant to a CFL game because CoC is played all over the world, by people of all ages. That's not going to happen with a CFL game.

The only viable way, as mentioned before in this thread, and ad nauseam on the Internet, is for a Madden add-on. I'm not a video game programmer, but I've dabbled in programming, which really means nothing, but I find it hard to believe that a CFL add-on can't be done due to technical reasons. I believe its only due to money. If you build it they will come? Not always, and EA sports probably wants many Brinks trucks filled with cash up front in order to do it.
    I say that a percentage of GC revenues should be put aside to develop an APP. Clash of Clans is a KINDERGARTEN version of a CIV game, which mean alot of "DUMMIES" may try it, get hooked, and POOF. Look how many people played that stupid farm game on facebook, the SHEEPLE, will try it, especially if its offered for free.

Isnt the new commish looking for ways to engage a younger demographic? Catering to the old school fan (born in the 1970's or prior) is dumb. All we do is bitch and complain, and show up no matter what. Forget us, and GROW the new fanbase.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I say that a percentage of GC revenues should be put aside to develop an APP. Clash of Clans is a KINDERGARTEN version of a CIV game, which mean alot of "DUMMIES" may try it, get hooked, and POOF. Look how many people played that stupid farm game on facebook, the SHEEPLE, will try it, especially if its offered for free.

Isnt the new commish looking for ways to engage a younger demographic? Catering to the old school fan (born in the 1970's or prior) is dumb. All we do is bitch and complain, and show up no matter what. Forget us, and GROW the new fanbase.
    Maybe, but CIV games have a far greater range of appeal than even American football, let alone Canadian football. An app would only work when there's already an established young fanbase, not to establish one. Could it hurt, probably not, but I doubt anyone will chase it with their own money. Just my opinion.