Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I saw Walker in at DE on one defensive play, and Zaleski on one kick coverage play. Someone claimed on another forum that the punt-return TD was caused in large part by Bonner failing to maintain the proper positioning but I did not notice that myself.
    Bonner definitely was responsible for outside contain on that play and got caught trying to go inside.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Bonner definitely was responsible for outside contain on that play and got caught trying to go inside.
    True. A rookie mistake. Overall, the Argo cover units have been very good this season. Another off season concern that has been answered in a positive way.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    True. A rookie mistake. Overall, the Argo cover units have been very good this season. Another off season concern that has been answered in a positive way.
    Agreed, and I do believe the 5 games in 25 days thing, including 2 short weeks had a lot to do with the way the game finished. Within 2 points to start the 4th quarter actually was pretty good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Agreed, and I do believe the 5 games in 25 days thing, including 2 short weeks had a lot to do with the way the game finished. Within 2 points to start the 4th quarter actually was pretty good.
    Agreed. We did well to stay close into the 4th quarter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    We will be 6-5 soon, but it won't be due to the schedule. The cats are going to beat us, but that's ok. This year is just a gimmie year. Don't put any thought into it. There's some glimmers of hope in Harris and the big 3 etc., but don't expect anything big out of this team. What they've given us so far is way more than enough expected from a shell of a pro football team. Barker and Milanovich have done the best they can, and they've proven they can do alot with little. Just hold on till next year. That being said, its not like this team hasn't won when they shouldn't have, and that may happen again when it matters. I'm not counting on it though. Its a gimmie year as far as I'm concerned.
    Did you graduate from the Steve Simmons school of sports analysis? Sure, that was an embarrassing loss, but in many cases teams benefit in the long run from being knocked down to earth. Shell of a pro football team? Tone down the baseless negativity a little. The Cats lost to the Als, for god's sake! If you really think the Argos are going 6-5, then I got a crisp Borden that says you're wrong.

Blind faith, my friend. It's the lifeblood of every pro sports team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I was very concerned about having a newbie to Canadian football coaching the special teams this year but Scott Downing has done a nice job so far. The cover teams have been excellent. Hopefully he can get the return game going with more consistency in the second half of the season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Not trying to be combative, but that is no " rookie mistake" - that is a fundamental flaw. I had it pounded into me about 60 years ago in Pop Warner Football. "Cover your lane at all costs " is about as fundamental to special teams coverage as putting your helmet on with the face mask at the front. This has not changed and will not change. The problem is not a "rookie mistake" but mental laziness, lack of discipline and focus. Bonner is not the only one -- it's a team-wide problem, that can not only be blamed on the players.

It's as though everyone feels this is a gimme year, and things only start to matter when the new ownership takes over.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I was very concerned about having a newbie to Canadian football coaching the special teams this year but Scott Downing has done a nice job so far. The cover teams have been excellent. Hopefully he can get the return game going with more consistency in the second half of the season.
    He works very hard teaching during practice. I agree he has done a nice job.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    Not trying to be combative, but that is no " rookie mistake" - that is a fundamental flaw. I had it pounded into me about 60 years ago in Pop Warner Football. "Cover your lane at all costs " is about as fundamental to special teams coverage as putting your helmet on with the face mask at the front. This has not changed and will not change. The problem is not a "rookie mistake" but mental laziness, lack of discipline and focus. Bonner is not the only one -- it's a team-wide problem, that can not only be blamed on the players.

It's as though everyone feels this is a gimme year, and things only start to matter when the new ownership takes over.
    So you're saying we're really the Riders instead of 6-3.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I think he's saying we're the 2014 Blue Bombers

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Late and probably repetitive observations regarding the Edmonton game.
    Our defensive play (and tackling) have regressed recently which is worrisome, Creehan always has the shit scared glare on when they show him on the sidelines, also worrisome!!
    Barring an extreme elevation in the play of our D by seasons end I would at least place a call to Mike (Baba Booey) Benevides to gauge his interest in the DC job, he is a Toronto guy who knows the game inside out and has coached some pretty good Defences in the past.
    Agnew should be gone by now, looked lost last game and can't tackle.
    Does get tiresome seeing the Argonauts making these Rookie QB's look good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Sorry about the late reply. No, I am not saying "we're really the Riders instead of 6-3". However, I do say that we are damned lucky to be 6-3 at this point. The 2014 Argos have some superb personnel and can ( and frequently do) make some exceptional plays. However, are they a consistent, intense, well-prepared, disciplined and professional team ?? - NO, not on any one of these counts. Winning is all very nice, but winning while in control is the end goal.

It bothers me these things do not seem to be getting addressed with any urgency. I'm just that kind of guy - I look for results today, not tomorrow. I see no significant changes from Game 1 to this week in any of these areas. If my feelings are correct that we are merely drifting through the year to get to BMO and the new ownership, then I sense that as being a "gimme year"
    One oar still in the water !