Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Well said! I don't even look at these next two games as being the season for the Argos. The season is a sprint and not a marathon. I look at the next two games as giving the Argos a better idea of what they need to do to be a Grey Cup contender come November.
    If the season is a sprint and not a marathon, wouldn't the next two games essentially decide the fate of the Argos for this season?
    I think you said that backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    We will be 6-5 soon, but it won't be due to the schedule. The cats are going to beat us, but that's ok. This year is just a gimmie year. Don't put any thought into it. There's some glimmers of hope in Harris and the big 3 etc., but don't expect anything big out of this team. What they've given us so far is way more than enough expected from a shell of a pro football team. Barker and Milanovich have done the best they can, and they've proven they can do alot with little. Just hold on till next year. That being said, its not like this team hasn't won when they shouldn't have, and that may happen again when it matters. I'm not counting on it though. Its a gimmie year as far as I'm concerned.
    A 6-3 record, with most games played on the road, tied for first place in their division, playing with a lot of rookies, and you are writing the season off already?
    I think you have to turn in your fan card.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well said! I don't even look at these next two games as being the season for the Argos. The season is a sprint and not a marathon. I look at the next two games as giving the Argos a better idea of what they need to do to be a Grey Cup contender come November.

Overall, we should be happy with a 6-3 record at the halfway point of the season, especially with the Argos having to make six trips out west already this season. Remember that this was essentially our second road game against the Esks this season.
    The Argos at 6-3 have certainly exceeded my expectations thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    The scheduling the Argos have had to endure, for yet another season, has been an absolute farce.

The team needs to find several better players on D - that unit is just not good enough.

Is Creehan really the best we can do? I doubt it.

Asleep at the switch... failing to sign Stephan Logan to, at least, return kicks.
    Creehan isn't the best we can do, but we are stuck with him.

It doesn't matter who returns for the Argos if our special teams unit cannot properly set-up returns.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon
    A 6-3 record, with most games played on the road, tied for first place in their division, playing with a lot of rookies, and you are writing the season off already?
    I think you have to turn in your fan card.
    I agree. Considering all the uncertainty this year Barker and Millanovich have done a great job to have us where we're at. As a young team we're behind Cal, Ham, and Edm as being a complete team in all phases. And there will be growing pains with any young team. We will only get better.
    I think a split with Hamilton will keep us in the thick of things, and I expect a much better effort in those games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Both Josey and Coombs had over 100 yards each in this game....too bad running sideways doesnt count.

The game was a joke, a complete lack of effort by most.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Nope. Hard effort by most. They just got their asses kicked. No Joke.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Both Josey and Coombs had over 100 yards each in this game....too bad running sideways doesnt count.

What did Coombs do wrong? IMO, he was the best player the Argos had on offence last night.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Nope. Hard effort by most. They just got their asses kicked. No Joke.
    I have seen multiple people in multiple places say that the Argos lacked effort last night. The only evidence of that I saw was Elliott prematurely giving up on a play and I bet that he never does that again. I agree that they were simply beaten by the Esks. As Paul said, this was a trap game and I would add that the Esks were extra motivated not to be beaten by the Argos again as they were in Week 1.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I have seen multiple people in multiple places say that the Argos lacked effort last night. The only evidence of that I saw was Elliott prematurely giving up on a play and I bet that he never does that again. I agree that they were simply beaten by the Esks. As Paul said, this was a trap game and I would add that the Esks were extra motivated not to be beaten by the Argos again as they were in Week 1.

It's almost like they were looking passed the Esks and at the LD game with the Cats?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    IIRC, I heard Suitor say the Argos were playing their fifth game in 25 days. Difficult.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just a terrible effort by the defensive team. Does anyone know how to tackle? No pass rush. Again they make a rookie QB look very good.

Special teams terrible. Can we please get Mike O'Shea back?

Offense. Slow start as usual. Can our coach not get these guys to play in the first half of a game?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Interesting comments near the end of the game about Ricky Ray's return. The showed him throwing the ball and predicted a 2 to 3 week return or something along those lines. In my opinion, if he is practicing no contact and its almost labour day, I think we should be lucky to see Ricky Back by week 15.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Interesting comments near the end of the game about Ricky Ray's return. The showed him throwing the ball and predicted a 2 to 3 week return or something along those lines. In my opinion, if he is practicing no contact and its almost labour day, I think we should be lucky to see Ricky Back by week 15.
    Hard to really say that. There is no contact on QB's period during practice, whether it is a full equipment or just helmet practice. So I don't see where the opportunity to have a contact practice, for him in particular, would happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Hard to really say that. There is no contact on QB's period during practice, whether it is a full equipment or just helmet practice. So I don't see where the opportunity to have a contact practice, for him in particular, would happen.
    great point Angelo, but I believe Cuthbert said that he was throwing only, and considering how far along we are and as someone who is 1 year into a shoulder separation myself I thought a 2 to 3 week return prediction seemed overly optimistic and i'm just relaying Chris's comment on the no contact at this time. Ive always heard the shoulder was a slow heal but man I had no idea. Remember , Ricky if and when he is back will be taking limited snaps I would think. and its not a great scenario as far as consistency goes if they are battling to secure a playoff spot.Frankly, if he is not taking snaps by mid sept. I think the timing for a return could be problematic. Mid October is no time to be working out the kinks and its not something they are going to want to rush. Hope I am wrong as he is very close to being good to go.
    Last edited by LLB997; 08-30-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    great point Angelo, but I believe Cuthbert said that he was throwing only, and considering how far along we are and as someone who is 1 year into a shoulder separation myself I thought a 2 to 3 week return prediction seemed overly optimistic and i'm just relaying Chris's comment on the no contact at this time. Ive always heard the shoulder was a slow heal but man I had no idea. Remember , Ricky if and when he is back will be taking limited snaps I would think. and its not a great scenario as far as consistency goes if they are battling to secure a playoff spot.Frankly, if he is not taking snaps by mid sept. I think the timing for a return could be problematic. Mid October is no time to be working out the kinks and its not something they are going to want to rush. Hope I am wrong as he is very close to being good to go.
    I don't disagree with any of that. I also tore my rotator cuff 3 years ago, and it has never fully healed. Of course, I didn't have surgery and barely re-habbed it, and continue to throw in my touch leagues with pain. But I am closer to 50 than 40 and have a real job, so I either live with it, or quit playing ball. I've decided to live with it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Everything points to Sept. 26 for his return. It will happen when he and the doctors and the coaches deem he's ready. I'm not gonna worry about it in the meantime. TH has been more than fine in his absence.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Did anyone notice any contributions by Walker, Bonner, or Zaleski? They dressed, but didn't record any stats and I never saw them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I saw Walker in at DE on one defensive play, and Zaleski on one kick coverage play. Someone claimed on another forum that the punt-return TD was caused in large part by Bonner failing to maintain the proper positioning but I did not notice that myself.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks Paul.

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I saw Walker in at DE on one defensive play, and Zaleski on one kick coverage play. Someone claimed on another forum that the punt-return TD was caused in large part by Bonner failing to maintain the proper positioning but I did not notice that myself.
    Suitor might have mentioned it on the broadcast itself, but am far from 100% on this.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Suitor might have mentioned it on the broadcast itself, but am far from 100% on this.
    Suitor did mention Bonner's error there which led to the punt return TD.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force