Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

September 7, 2015: Toronto Argonauts vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

vs.

Week 11
    Monday, September 7, 2015 at 1:00pm EDT.
    Tim Hortons Field. Hamilton, ON.

TV:
    TSN1/3/4/5
    Video Webcast: TSN Go - ESPN3
    Radio: TOR: TSN 1050 - HAM: TSN 1150
    Audio Webcast: TOR: Here - HAM: Here
    Satellite Radio: SiriusXM

Depth Charts: TOR: Here - HAM: Here

Game Preview: Here

Post-Game Update:

Game Highlights

Game Recap

Final Score: 12-42
    Last edited by T-Bone; 09-08-2015 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Post-Game Update

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    All bets are off for the LDC. You don't know what sorta karma is going to benefit the Ticats.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Die ti-cats, die!!!!

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Can't see the Argos winning this one unless they pull a run game out of a hat.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Can't see the Argos winning this one unless they pull a run game out of a hat.
    ... and / or Montreal's D.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is perhaps the most intriguing Labour Day Classic for these two teams in years. It' been mentioned a few times previously that there have been few points throughout the history of this rivalry where both teams have been good. Both teams have very good records this year. Despite what the score says the last game between these two teams was close. Toronto needs to win both of these games to win the season series (and the Ballard Cup..yay). I remember thinking the one team I don't want to break the streak at THF is Toronto on Labour Day... well, at least that won't be happening after last weeks loss to the Alouettes. Last week, on the Ticats post-game show, a debate broke out over who is hated more by Ticat fans... the Als or the Argos? Surprisingly, more people said they hated the Als more then the Argos. That may be put in to question on Monday afternoon.

My prediction:

Labour Day:
    Hamilton 34
    Toronto 31 (OT)

The rematch on Sep 11:
    Toronto 30
    Hamilton 23

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    We have plenty to do in order to grow into a top notch team. I wouldn't be surprised if we got swept or perhaps won at home but I can't see us winning on Labour Day. I wouldn't be surprised if we were 6-5 in a few weeks. I wouldn't be happy but I think Hamilton is better then us right now. Hopefully finally having a good stretch at home or very near home will help.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Argos win both games. Mark it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Argos win both games. Mark it.
    Either cocky or delusional sir, but I hope you have the last laugh and are proven correct!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I have been told by someone on the inside. Going to be 24 to 24 tied game. With the Argos winning by 3 on the first overtime possession. The fix is in. After we win in overtime by 3. Please don't ask me how I knew. There will be too many eyes on this and it could come to a Royal Commission being launched. So Shhhhhh

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    This is perhaps the most intriguing Labour Day Classic for these two teams in years. It' been mentioned a few times previously that there have been few points throughout the history of this rivalry where both teams have been good. Both teams have very good records this year. Despite what the score says the last game between these two teams was close. Toronto needs to win both of these games to win the season series (and the Ballard Cup..yay). I remember thinking the one team I don't want to break the streak at THF is Toronto on Labour Day... well, at least that won't be happening after last weeks loss to the Alouettes. Last week, on the Ticats post-game show, a debate broke out over who is hated more by Ticat fans... the Als or the Argos? Surprisingly, more people said they hated the Als more then the Argos. That may be put in to question on Monday afternoon.

My prediction:

Labour Day:
    Hamilton 34
    Toronto 31 (OT)

The rematch on Sep 11:
    Toronto 30
    Hamilton 23
    Sounds like 2 exciting games, but I think the Ticat win would be by the wider margin and in regulation time, while the Argo win would be in OT. Speaking of post-game shows, I love the fact that the Ticats have 2 post game radio call in shows...amazing. 1150 as the new home of the Ticats has an obvious post-game show with Marshall Fergusen hosting while Rick Zamperin still hosts the traditional 5th quarter show on CHML 900 despite that station no longer carrying the Ticats broadcast on radio anymore.
    Rick Zamperin and Ted Michaels for me, are two of the best CFL broadcasters anywhere in Canada. I know they are employed at CHML 900 but they have a genuine interest in the league and are both knowledgeable of Canadian Football. It's a shame they can't do a syndicated show nationally about the CFL and Canadian Football in general. Does CHML still broadcast the McMaster Marauders on radio or will TSN 1150 be taking that over also?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Battle between 2 teams with identical records, to me the similarities end there.
    The Argonauts are a very young and somewhat flawed team that is still developing, while Hamilton for the most part have shown the ability to dominate teams from opening kickoff to games end, Argos not so much.
    Full marks to Barker, Milanovich and the players for their current record but the late game heroics are a dangerous way to play.
    I will be in the Hammer on Monday but am fearful of a royal ass kicking at the hands of the Tiger Cats, I hope I am proven wrong but doubt it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    If the Argos don't come out on fire and own the first quarter, it will be a very long game. I see no reason why they would change their philosophy at this point, so unfortunately I predict 34-11 for the Ti-Cats subject to seeing the Depth Chart
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hamilton is similar to a big bad bully. If they get you down they will beat on you without mercy like they have done to teams that were playing poorly during their hot streak. If the Argos can keep the game close, don't allow Hamilton to put them away, then, just like a bully, the Ti-Cats won't know what to do & nerves will begin to show. Cats just can't win close games.

Looking forward to going to the game on Monday....I predict I will experience beer reeking breath of many Hamilton fans from close range.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Hamilton is similar to a big bad bully. If they get you down they will beat on you without mercy like they have done to teams that were playing poorly during their hot streak. If the Argos can keep the game close, don't allow Hamilton to put them away, then, just like a bully, the Ti-Cats won't know what to do & nerves will begin to show. Cats just can't win close games.
    That's about it. Win or lose, I just want the Argos to show up and compete, rather than playing passively and out of synch.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Like most I agree, the record is where the similarities stop.

I have a feeling the Argos will be in for two long games next week. Hamilton is going to be all pumped up and looking for revenge for losing last week.

I have not seen much from our Argos to think that they have the ability to win this game. You cannot expect to come back against the Ticats. Thats not going to happen. We saw that last week against Edmonton.

We have been lucky the past weeks. Some of those games we didn't deserve the win. We should have lost.

We need to keep the stupid penalties to a minimum and Creehan needs to get the guys tackling properly. This arm tackling and trying to hit the opponent down doesn't work. It seems when teams force Collaros out of the pocket that is when he has a lot of success. Hamilton isn't going to run the ball. I'd feel better with pressure on 1st down then none on second, because once again it seems Collaros gets a huge gain during those plays.

On Offence we need long drives. 5-7 yard plays, running or passing would be fine with me to start out the game. Dump it to the rb on an out pattern (not a screen, these fail all the time) after the wr's clear that side of the field. I know people hate those types of plays but it would work for a while. Open things up. Use the rb's early. Slant Patterns on 2nd down.....Play to the weakness of the defence not trying to force Hamilton to make a mistake.

If we go 1-1 I would be happy as long as the game we lose isn't a blow out.

To finish off if I see Tasker wide open on any broken plays I'm going to throw my remote at my TV. Have 1 guy spy Collaros the entire time I don't care don't come off coverage because you think you can get to him............

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hamilton at home is going to be tough, yeah they may have lost to Montreal at the doughnut box, but they've been impressive at home. The Argos have been relatively impressive this season however, I for on didn't expected the start they've had, but at the same time, I still believe that the Argonauts have been extremely lucky this season, the game is 4 quarters long, I really wish Milanovich & Co. would finally figure this out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I still believe that the Argonauts have been extremely lucky this season, the game is 4 quarters long, I really wish Milanovich & Co. would finally figure this out.
    They know it. They just lack a QB with the confidence to come out guns a blazing. When Ricky returns they'll have that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    They know it. They just lack a QB with the confidence to come out guns a blazing. When Ricky returns they'll have that.
    I'm glad that Ricky's presence will improve the defensive play, but i'm not sure how confidence in a QB helps other than on Offense.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    I'm glad that Ricky's presence will improve the defensive play, but i'm not sure how confidence in a QB helps other than on Offense.
    Only confidence wise. The slow starts are starting to catch up with the Argos. They need to be able to start scoring on their first drive of the game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country