Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    I'm glad that Ricky's presence will improve the defensive play, but i'm not sure how confidence in a QB helps other than on Offense.
    Defense and special teams are whole other animals, I'm hoping that once the season is over Benevides can be convinced to become the Argonauts DC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just back from practice. If what I saw for most of practice is any indication, expect a couple of personnel changes on D. Looked to me as though Matt Black was taking most reps at SAM, with Brandon Smith taking a lot of reps at Hawkins spot. Detrick Bonner also took a lot of snaps on D, but I think he was taking reps at both of those 2 spots.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Wow, tons of pessimism here about this game. Now I'm almost afraid to watch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    with Brandon Smith taking a lot of reps at Hawkins spot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, the depth chart is out. Looks like Agnew is starting at WILL backed up by Bonner. Seeing how much I saw Bonner taking reps, hopefully he at least subs in a lot. With the return of Owens, no Spencer. I was hoping they would find a way to dress him.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Nice to see Campbell (seemingly) back at LT. Wright should be competent at DE despite just stepping off the plane, since he was with us in camp. I'm hoping to see a much better game out of Agnew; reviewing last week's game tape cannot have been fun.

Also, that is a terrific group of six receivers (including Whittaker).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, the depth chart is out. Looks like Agnew is starting at WILL backed up by Bonner. Seeing how much I saw Bonner taking reps, hopefully he at least subs in a lot. With the return of Owens, no Spencer. I was hoping they would find a way to dress him.
    Agreed on Spencer, but who do you take out of the offense. Stala maybe? One injury to any reciever and he's back in though. Nice to have the depth.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Time to continue Ticats' losing streak at home. I was hoping we would be end their loss-less streak at the new stadium, but beating the Ticats is always satisfying.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Agreed on Spencer, but who do you take out of the offense. Stala maybe? One injury to any reciever and he's back in though. Nice to have the depth.
    Don't think you really would need to sit a receiver. They have 4 MLB's on the depth chart (although they may actually sit one come game day roster).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Don't think you really would need to sit a receiver. They have 4 MLB's on the depth chart (although they may actually sit one come game day roster).
    But only two of them are INTs. You would have to sit either Jones or Rolle to dress both Spencer and Owens, and that's highly unlikely because Jones starts and Rolle is an ST ace. Only other option is to sit one of the Big Three or dress a single RB. So no way it could happen as the roster is currently configured.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Argos-Ticats Labour Day rivalry 'biggest game of the year'

It goes back 65 years and spans 44 games but defensive end Ricky Foley believes the Toronto Argonauts-Hamilton Tiger-Cats Labour Day rivalry has never been better.
    Toronto (6-3) and Hamilton (6-3) meet Monday afternoon at Tim Hortons Field with more than just bragging rights on the line. They're tied atop the East Division and will also meet Friday night at Rogers Centre.
    This marks just the second occasion Toronto and Hamilton will be battling for top spot in the East on Labour Day and the first time they'll be playing for sole possession of first place. The season series — which would break any season-ending tie in the standings — will also be decided with the Ticats having won the first meeting 38-14 last month.
    And with Tim Hortons Field being a sellout, the atmosphere Monday will undoubtedly be electric.
    "I think it (Labour Day rivalry) is stronger now," Foley said. "Hamilton has been in back-to-back Grey Cups and we're the last team from the East to win the Grey Cup (2012). "Both teams are at the top (of the East Division) so it's amped up, more intense. And the new stadium, Tim Hortons Field, helps a lot because that's a crazy atmosphere." Foley embraces being Public Enemy No. 1 in Hamilton. "I wish every game was like that," said the 10-year veteran and top Canadian in Toronto's 2012 Grey Cup victory. "I wish every game was sold out, people crazy screaming and yelling at you telling you that you're no good. I love that. That's what you play for, that kind of atmosphere. This is huge, absolutely huge, the biggest game of the year. That's no overstatement at all."
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...year-1.3217723

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Chad Owens key to chances in Hamilton

If the Double Blue are to seize the moment, it will mean overcoming their recent struggles on the road against the Ti-Cats. Toronto is 1-7 in their last eight regular season visits to Hamilton, including 0-2 at Tim Hortons Field. Of course, Scott Milanovich and the Argonauts will not accept any excuses, despite the task in front of them. Moments like this are when the best players rise to the occasion, no matter what the circumstances. Along those lines, Toronto today welcomes back one of their very best player’s, with the return of Chad Owens. The four-time CFL All Star has missed the last four games with an ankle injury.
    However, as Frank Zicarelli of the Toronto Sun reported, Owens has practiced every day in the lead-up to Monday’s game. In many respects, he has looked as good as you can expect, for someone who is returning from injury.
    Ironically, his last action was in the previous matchup with the Tiger-Cats, when he had arguably his worst outing of the year. Owens finished the game with just three receptions (for just 21 yards), including none in the second half of the 34-18 loss. Around the same time as his injury, there were claims the 2012 CFL Most Outstanding Player was already having a below-par campaign. One theory claimed he had no chemistry with his new quarterback, Trevor Harris, resulting in just 26 receptions, 288 receiving yards and one touchdown catch.However, this theory doesn’t hold up, considering that stat line comes from just five games, including the final one, when Owens injured his ankle. In fact, if you prorate those figures over an 18-game campaign, it reads as 94 catches, 1,037 yards and 4 touchdown receptions.
    Suddenly, the claim that the 33-year old has no synergy with Harris, looks absurd. The 94 receptions would equal his career-high, and the receiving yardage would actually be the second-best of his CFL career. In any event, head coach Milanovich is looking to get Owens heavily involved in the game against the Ti-Cats, as he told Zicarelli and the rest of the media: “He’ll be the No. 1 (option) plenty of times.”

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    If the Argos are going to win against the high scoring Ticats, they will likely need to have a significant running game that gains something like the 108 yards or more of three games ago rather than the 44 and 39 yards of the last two games in order to keep the Ticats from having the ball most of the time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    If the Argos are going to win against the high scoring Ticats, they will likely need to have a significant running game that gains something like the 108 yards or more of three games ago rather than the 44 and 39 yards of the last two games in order to keep the Ticats from having the ball most of the time.
    The Argos are often unwilling to commit to running the football, so why should the team be good at it?

It seems to me that Kackert (and Waters for that matter) has had one impressive and one pedestrian performance since returning. Whitaker has never looked so good as in game one. This game will be a very interesting indicator for where Owens is at in his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I just heard Schultzie on the pre game and could not agree more.
    The key for the Argos is the defence.
    What happens when the ball is in the air by the Cats.
    Our D is last in the passing stats, how the line and the D backs react will likely determine the outcome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Prediction - Hamilton 36
    Toronto 23

I just think Hamilton is a more complete team with a much better secondary.

Argos just took a 1-0 lead...listening to Hogie on 1050 and watching TSN and the radio audio matches the TV video. That's very rare. I hope it stays that way after the first commercial. Saves me or anyone from hearing Rod Black..lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Oh no, the D backs playing very lose on coverage, typically.
    It does not bode well if this continues and we give Zach too much time to throw.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    That TD was way too easy, we have to answer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well that was way to easy for Hamilton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Man did the D get scorched on that drive...yikes, was originally thinking as bad as 42-13, but our offence can score also so I predicted the 36-23 loss.

Owusa-Ansah almost fumbled it. Kicking into the wind, the Argos are standing to far back.

God, I hate these uniforms. Why does these the league have teams wear these shit uniforms in high profile games? they should only be used in pre-season if ever. Casual fans who may happen to watch may actually think these are the official uniforms.