Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Rogers Sportsnet would probably do the CFL better than TSN. Channel surfing after the game and catching some Jays talk on Tim and Sid with Jaime Campbell and Greg Zaunn, I noticed they had a Saskatchewan Roughriders helmet on the desk, puzzled as I didn't know why but it was beside Zaunn as they talked about the Jays. Tim Micallef mentioned the Argo/Ticats game, specifically saying "How about those Ticats," before going to commercial as Zaunn picks up the helmet and wears it. Bet he must of played high school football in his day, as he's a fairly big guy who's still looks in decent shape, the Argos could of used him on defence the way they played today.

Rogers Cable TV packages also offer better local sports programming than Bell Fibe TV does. Bell Fibe does not even offer CTV Kitchener (formerly CKCO and it's affiliated with BellMedia) on any of their expanded Cable packages or bundles in Toronto. That station has the best news coverage of local sports than any station in Ontario with tons of OUA football coverage and OHL hockey coverage from Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph and London. Bell talks about Fibe as if it's a great signal. When I watch a wireless TV with it, the signal is easily disturbed by moving the TV...who wants to pay for cable TV if the signal is akin to imperfections of a cellphone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Friday night's Ticats-Argos Labour day rematch will only be on TSN 1 and 4, Nascar on TSN3, Fiba on TSN 5, take a bow TSN, take a bow.
    Last edited by R.J; 09-07-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gregg Zaun hosts a Grey Cup Party every year I believe, or at least when it's hosted in Toronto. I assume he's a big football fan.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Friday night's Ticats-Argos Labour day rematch will only be on TSN 1 and 4, Nascar on TSN3, Fiba on TSN 5, take a bow TSN, take a bow.
    I just looked at the TSN website and it shows ZERO games will be on TSN4 this weekend. Then I looked at my Cogeco TV listings and it shows that Friday's game and the 2 on Saturday are scheduled for TSN4 but not the Sunday game. What a joke. I hope that other people are sending angry emails to TSN.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Gregg Zaun hosts a Grey Cup Party every year I believe, or at least when it's hosted in Toronto. I assume he's a big football fan.
    He held his party last year in Vancouver. Apparently the story goes, his first Grey Cup he went to a party and tried to get in using his position as a player but was rejected. He thought it was awesome that he wasn't recognized and ended falling in love with Grey Cup.

I went to his party in Toronto in 2012 and it was great. It was held at Gibson's at Dufferin and King and $50 got you in with an open bar.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Rogers Sportsnet would probably do the CFL better than TSN. Channel surfing after the game and catching some Jays talk on Tim and Sid with Jaime Campbell and Greg Zaunn, I noticed they had a Saskatchewan Roughriders helmet on the desk, puzzled as I didn't know why but it was beside Zaunn as they talked about the Jays. Tim Micallef mentioned the Argo/Ticats game, specifically saying "How about those Ticats," before going to commercial as Zaunn picks up the helmet and wears it. Bet he must of played high school football in his day, as he's a fairly big guy who's still looks in decent shape, the Argos could of used him on defence the way they played today.

Rogers Cable TV packages also offer better local sports programming than Bell Fibe TV does. Bell Fibe does not even offer CTV Kitchener (formerly CKCO and it's affiliated with BellMedia) on any of their expanded Cable packages or bundles in Toronto. That station has the best news coverage of local sports than any station in Ontario with tons of OUA football coverage and OHL hockey coverage from Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph and London. Bell talks about Fibe as if it's a great signal. When I watch a wireless TV with it, the signal is easily disturbed by moving the TV...who wants to pay for cable TV if the signal is akin to imperfections of a cellphone.
    Maybe it's just me but I've noticed more CFL coverage by Rogers this season. The CFL even led Sportsnet Central a few weeks ago.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I've noticed more CFL coverage by Rogers this season. The CFL even led Sportsnet Central a few weeks ago.
    I've noticed this as well, the other day thefan had a CFL roundtable and there was even talk of it becoming a weekly thing. On top of that sportsnet is usually the first to break CFL stories as of late. Lastly, Tim and Sid both acknowledged that they'd like so see the CFL on sportsnet, as has Damien cox, Arash Madani, Brunt, McCown, Zaun and Fey.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I've stated on here before that I believe (to some extent) that Rogers is much more anti-Argo than anti-CFL.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    I just looked at the TSN website and it shows ZERO games will be on TSN4 this weekend. Then I looked at my Cogeco TV listings and it shows that Friday's game and the 2 on Saturday are scheduled for TSN4 but not the Sunday game. What a joke. I hope that other people are sending angry emails to TSN.
    I just checked my Cogeco TV listings again and now it shows TSN4 only showing the first half of Friday's game. TSN4 will be switching to FIBA basketball at 9pm. It also shows that TSN4 will be showing FIBA basketball instead of the 2 CFL games on Saturday night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I just checked my Cogeco TV listings again and now it shows TSN4 only showing the first half of Friday's game. TSN4 will be switching to FIBA basketball at 9pm. It also shows that TSN4 will be showing FIBA basketball instead of the 2 CFL games on Saturday night.
    That sucks. You should switch to Bell Fibe. Changing from Cable (Rogers)2 years ago was the best move I made. My cable would go down almost weekly with Rogers, and hasn't gone down for more than 2 minutes once with Fibe. Not sure, but I think you also get all TSN channels with your Fibe subscription automatically.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Instead of complaining to each other about TSN, I think it's time for Argo and CFL fans to complain to TSN about the situation both in terms of game availability and making it clear in advance what TSN stations the games will be on. If this keeps getting worse over time, I am even willing to let them I will cancel TSN (and watch games at pubs).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Instead of complaining to each other about TSN, I think it's time for Argo and CFL fans to complain to TSN about the situation both in terms of game availability and making it clear in advance what TSN stations the games will be on. If this keeps getting worse over time, I am even willing to let them I will cancel TSN (and watch games at pubs).
    I first noticed in May that 5 games were not going to be on TSN4. They were all on Sundays after Labour Day and the first one was to be this Sunday's Ottawa at BC game. That's when I first complained to TSN and they replied by letting me know how I can order the other TSN channels. They haven't replied to any of my complaints since then. I've also complained by email to the CFL and directly to Jeffery Orridge but haven't receive a reply from either one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    That sucks. You should switch to Bell Fibe. Changing from Cable (Rogers)2 years ago was the best move I made. My cable would go down almost weekly with Rogers, and hasn't gone down for more than 2 minutes once with Fibe. Not sure, but I think you also get all TSN channels with your Fibe subscription automatically.
    Sort of, not matter which package you go with you get TSN 1, 3, 4, 5. In order to get TSN 2 you need at least the "Fibe Better package" (Second most expensive plan).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Sort of, not matter which package you go with you get TSN 1, 3, 4, 5. In order to get TSN 2 you need at least the "Fibe Better package" (Second most expensive plan).
    Bell Fibe became available in my neighbourhood about a year ago so I've been thinking about it but since I've always been able to get every CFL game on my one TSN channel, I didn't bother. I'll consider it for next year so if anybody wants to post any likes or dislikes they have about Bell Fibe, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I can't remember the last time my Rogers cable went down.
    And I get all five TSN channels on my very affordable digital VIP package.
    No reason to change here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Don't necessarily depend on local pubs ..... Stopped by at one after the labour day slaughter and the pub only had 3 TSN channels and none had the Calgary
    Edmonton game .... Many customers kept asking ...... The waitress just kept saying it comes on after the tennis ..... But the game was in its first set. depressing......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I can't remember the last time my Rogers cable went down.
    And I get all five TSN channels on my very affordable digital VIP package.
    No reason to change here.
    I had a nightmare. Bad reception often. I would get a technician over to the house, it would be better for a couple of weeks, then back to the crappy reception. This happened multiple times before I got fed up and swithced to Bell. And I had a very big package with them. All the sports including NHL, NFL, NCAA, MLB and NBA tickets. Movie networks and Greek language channels. Even ordered a french package when certain Als games were only on RDS.

The only thing I miss from Rogers was the OHL package which came free with the other Sports packages I had.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I had a nightmare. Bad reception often. I would get a technician over to the house, it would be better for a couple of weeks, then back to the crappy reception. This happened multiple times before I got fed up and swithced to Bell. And I had a very big package with them. All the sports including NHL, NFL, NCAA, MLB and NBA tickets. Movie networks and Greek language channels. Even ordered a french package when certain Als games were only on RDS.

The only thing I miss from Rogers was the OHL package which came free with the other Sports packages I had.
    Yes, the Super Sports Pack!
    I just ordered it again for this season to get the out of market NFL games, NCAA football, and out of market NHL games.
    Best deal in Canadian TV!

It's probably the main reason I'm still with Rogers.
    I don't think Bell offers it.

Of course, if I was having the problems you were having with Rogers, I would move also.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Bell Fibe became available in my neighbourhood about a year ago so I've been thinking about it but since I've always been able to get every CFL game on my one TSN channel, I didn't bother. I'll consider it for next year so if anybody wants to post any likes or dislikes they have about Bell Fibe, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    As I mentioned before, Bell Fibe in concept is ok, but If you got multiple TV's, the wireless connected TV's can have their signal go in and out like a cell phone. The main signal which attaches the HDMI cable from the PVR to the TV, and is connected by phone line from the PVR to the jack is as good a signal as Rogers HD. Rogers PVR is 100X better than Bell's PVR as it allows the viewer the liberty to skip commercials and fast forward while Bell Fibe's PVR is awful imo, as you cannot FF past commercials and must watch a program from the beginning or reverse from the live TV...very frustrating and not as user friendly.

You can get TSN1,3,5 along with TSN4 on Rogers if you increase your cable package to basic plus from basic. I get TSN1,3,4,5 but not TSN2 on this package which requires another more expensive package that I can do without. TSN1,3,4,5 are the regional default channels while TSN2 was always billed as the alternate national station, although they don't publicize it as such. Viewers know this because of NHL regional telecasts. TSN1 is BC's basic TSN. TSN3 will show Jets regional broadcasts. TSN4 shows the Leafs regional broadcast and is the basic TSN signal in most of Ontario while TSN5 has regional Canadiens broadcasts as that is the basic TSN default signal in Eastern Ont and Atlantic Canada. That said, the NHL forces TSN to blackout their regional broadcasts outside of those viewing regions even if you buy access to those channels.

That being said, you will be able to watch all CFL games without having to pay for all those useless specialty channels on Rogers most expensive ultimate package...you get some with basic plus but not all as you would with the more expensive Rogers VIP or ultimate or whatever they call it now. So Bell Fibe may give you all the TSN's with their 2nd most expensive package, while Rogers gives you all the TSN's except TSN2 (No Toronto FC, too bad, can't always watch everything anyway right) and no Sportsnet360 with their 2nd cheapest or basic plus package. ...I need a breath.

Starting next spring, I think the CRTC has forced the cable companies to offer a slim down basic package for $25. If I can get that and add the sports stations and news stations to that, then that would suit me fine.

Right now basic cable is what $42-$50 and you get crap over-the-air networks and one basic TSN signal (TSN4 here) or Sportnet Ontario signal depending on your area, but not both. (see the way these providers like Bell and Rogers collude to not give you both on basic cable, while their rates are so comparable that you could only conclude that they're hardly competing for customers, since they've had monopoly rights by the CRTC to build their cable and phone line networks)

In my experience having services from both providers, I've concluded that Rogers does cable TV better, while Bell does home telephone better. No surprise as Rogers owns all cable lines, and Bell owns all the phone jack lines as that were there principle services for decades before the internet came along. As an aside I've had both for the internet and prefer Bell's phone line signal compared to Rogers cable internet, but like neither's prices and don't like contracts, so I use a third party DSL carrier that is dry-looped from Bell's landline phone jack.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 09-11-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    As I mentioned before, Bell Fibe in concept is ok, but If you got multiple TV's, the wireless connected TV's can have their signal go in and out like a cell phone.
    I have 4 receivers, 3 of which are wireless, and have had no issue with it at all with usually 3 TV's on at once.