Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

September 11, 2015: Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs. Toronto Argonauts

vs.

Week 12
    Friday, September 11, 2015 at 7:30pm EDT.
    Rogers Centre. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    TSN1/5
    Video Webcast: TSN Go - ESPN3
    Radio: HAM: TSN 1150 - TOR: TSN 1050
    Audio Webcast: HAM: Here - TOR: Here
    Satellite Radio: SiriusXM

Depth Charts: HAM: Here - TOR: Here

Pre-Game Tailgate Party: Starting at 5:00pm Outside Gate 11

Tickets Available: Here or at Rogers Centre Gate 9 Box Office

Game Preview: Here

Post-Game Update:

Game Highlights

Game Recap

Final Score: 35-27
    Last edited by T-Bone; 09-14-2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Post-Game Update

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hamilton should take a few days off while Milanovich and crew get their heads from their asses. Hamilton wins big yet again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Hamilton should take a few days off while Milanovich and crew get their heads from their asses. Hamilton wins big yet again.
    Tell us how you really feel : )

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    hahaha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Milanovich & Co. have to show if this team is for real or just a team that gets lucky. All three facets of the game need to improve, if they don't Barker and Milo had better make some tough decisions.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    We've had 10 games to evaluate, and I think it is quite clear that we're a mid-range team. We can beat the top dogs if they make a lot of mistakes, but we're not a true Grey Cup contender. I don't think we're one or two players (or coaches) away from contending, either, but an off-season re-vamp that puts us in the (considerably more important) 2016 GC game seems achievable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    We've had 10 games to evaluate, and I think it is quite clear that we're a mid-range team. We can beat the top dogs if they make a lot of mistakes, but we're not a true Grey Cup contender. I don't think we're one or two players (or coaches) away from contending, either, but an off-season re-vamp that puts us in the (considerably more important) 2016 GC game seems achievable.
    I tend to agree with this assessment. Earlier this season the Grey Cup seemed like a realistic possibility, less so now -- altho even the mighty Ticats can be beaten (and if Collaros were to get hurt for any stretch of time, they are toast IMO). Still, if we can win two of our next three to stay comfortably in second place, we have at least a hope of gelling at the right time, possibly with a three-time champion back under centre. Our defence's problems would seem to be fixable if mgmt has the will.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Milanovich & Co. have to show if this team is for real or just a team that gets lucky. All three facets of the game need to improve, if they don't Barker and Milo had better make some tough decisions.
    The team has actually played very well considering. The winning has glossed over obvious flaws that were always there. Right now the youth of the team is catching up to it. (Let alone the damage of Creehan multiplying exponentially)

ie: I've noticed a decline in Harris. He's regressed a tad in his vision as he now tends to lock on to where he expects to throw the ball. In Hammer i counted 6 times a Argo receiver broke open (3 times wide open) and Harris was just locked into where he intended to throw. If a QB like Ray was in there he'd have seen 5 of those 6 and the game would have looked a lot different. Not a trashing of harris but one can call it an expected regression at his stage of development. Watching the receivers being very frustrated with his missing them being open has to cause some ripple through the offense.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    When I see an excess of pessimism on this forum, I think back to an October day in 2012 after an embarrassing home loss to lowly Winnipeg - the Argos' third home loss in a row - which dropped them to a 7-9 record. Many on here didn't think that the Argos would make the playoffs and yet just a few short weeks later, we all remember what happened. I am certainly not counting out the Argos at this point.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    The team has actually played very well considering. The winning has glossed over obvious flaws that were always there. Right now the youth of the team is catching up to it. (Let alone the damage of Creehan multiplying exponentially)

ie: I've noticed a decline in Harris. He's regressed a tad in his vision as he now tends to lock on to where he expects to throw the ball. In Hammer i counted 6 times a Argo receiver broke open (3 times wide open) and Harris was just locked into where he intended to throw. If a QB like Ray was in there he'd have seen 5 of those 6 and the game would have looked a lot different. Not a trashing of harris but one can call it an expected regression at his stage of development. Watching the receivers being very frustrated with his missing them being open has to cause some ripple through the offense.
    Spot on regarding Harris IMO, the first half has been a good learning experience for both Harris and the organization, they now know what they have.
    A couple of weeks ago I advocated leaving Harris in there but this team needs a lift and when Ray is ready put him in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Huge game to rebound against the Ticats - better show-up. And NO excuses to not be competitive - heads should roll on the coaching staff if not IMO - all the way up to HC - yep and sorry bout that Milo fans - didn't make the play-offs last year and looked like absolute $h*t in the biggest game of the year so far; a repeat sad-sack performance = time to do some serious thinking there.

2 games to go against Ottawa too are big - might be fighting them for 2nd place - and the way the Ottawa pass attack can get going and against a porous pass D = could be big trouble ; lose those 2 games and might be looking at hoping to cross-over into the wimpy West: BC look like the 3rd place team there with lots of games to go there, but I believe we will see an East cross-over team for the 1st time unless Montreal or Ottawa melt-down the rest of the season .

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Spot on regarding Harris IMO, the first half has been a good learning experience for both Harris and the organization, they now know what they have.
    A couple of weeks ago I advocated leaving Harris in there but this team needs a lift and when Ray is ready put him in.

ZERO question IMO that Ray should be the starter as soon as he is good to go; loved Harris' game early in the season but he has either struggled or regressed lately and just does not have the big game experience; sitting a healthy HOF QB for a young guy who has flashed some talent because the thinking is it is Harris' team now is just laughable - IMO

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    .... and so do the other teams defenses. Harris has to start looking for the different .... and not as comfortable options on his reads ..... or the receivers et al have to provide him with some different routes.
    He is reminding me of Collaros in his first year with Austin .... there were a few times I thought he regressed .... or rather stalled on his comfort plays. The only thing is the opposing defense learn those comfort plays after a few games.

Harris will improve.... but I wouldn't mind Ricky for awhile.

The Argos have a distance to go before they improve to the level of Calgary or the kittens. But .... on any given day they can have a 110% game .... just has to be well timed and peaking at the playoffs.
    I think they will rebound this Friday ..... not sure if the cats will allow them the win, but I will be cheering for them

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    When I see an excess of pessimism on this forum, I think back to an October day in 2012 after an embarrassing home loss to lowly Winnipeg - the Argos' third home loss in a row - which dropped them to a 7-9 record. Many on here didn't think that the Argos would make the playoffs and yet just a few short weeks later, we all remember what happened. I am certainly not counting out the Argos at this point.
    The trouble is, well into the season, we're seeing multiple listless and feeble outings from the Argonauts' players and coaching staff.
    Ambitious and not inconsiderable change is required to make this ship seaworthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Some would say pessimism some would say realism.
    Personally don't get the same vibe from this team compared to the 2012 team.
    2012 New coaching staff running a new offensive system with a veteran QB, talented receivers and Kackert hitting stride assisted with some really solid O-Line play.
    On the D in 2012 very solid overall with Chris Jones and Orlando Steinauer running the show with a good mix of veterans and youth who had bought into the system and believed in it, a far cry from where we are today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Some would say pessimism some would say realism.
    Personally don't get the same vibe from this team compared to the 2012 team.
    2012 New coaching staff running a new offensive system with a veteran QB, talented receivers and Kackert hitting stride assisted with some really solid O-Line play.
    On the D in 2012 very solid overall with Chris Jones and Orlando Steinauer running the show with a good mix of veterans and youth who had bought into the system and believed in it, a far cry from where we are today.
    If you go back to the thread after that October game at home to Winnipeg though, you would find opinions on this forum even harsher than the ones that we have seen since Monday's game.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    If you go back to the thread after that October game at home to Winnipeg though, you would find opinions on this forum even harsher than the ones that we have seen since Monday's game.
    Well 1argoholic was probably active in that thread too

The difference between 2012 and 2015 is that the east is much more competitive this year. Can't afford mistakes.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Difference this year as to 2012 is that our D bends, breaks and can't cover or tackle. Really I get into games and hope to win each one but with the change in personal what can we expect. Our db's are really struggling and we have little pass rush. This sets us up to fail. As I've mentioned if I were playing TO I'd pass on every down and go no huddle. You'd just roast this team playing like that. It has to be playing on these young guys who are playing worse each game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    .... these young guys who are playing worse each game.
    YUP..the Argo's defence...I could eat 10 bowls of chili, hammer down a dozen beers, and then eat some chinese takeout and a have few ryes....and the Argo defense would still stink more than my smelly SH*T.....
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    YUP..the Argo's defence...I could eat 10 bowls of chili, hammer down a dozen beers, and then eat some chinese takeout and a have few ryes....and the Argo defense would still stink more than my smelly SH*T.....
    We'd all better have some beans. We're going through some mighty rough country on Friday.

"Defence? We ain't got no defence. We don't need no defence. I don't have to show you any stinkin' defence!"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I basically agreement with your assessment. However, teams occasionally get lucky at playoff time due to key injuries to the other team, an off game by their opponent, an above average performance by their own players, or a few lucky breaks. Beyond these rare occurrences, I don't see the Argos going far in the playoffs.