Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Orridge on Sportsnet LIVE

CFL commissioner Jeffrey Orridge is speaking with Tim and Sid on Rogers Sportsnet.

Talking about possible 2016 Grey Cup announcement.
    Last edited by Will; 09-09-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Wow orridge seems like a useless tool. Sounds like he is another Chris rudge type with his little university degree looking to pick up a nice size pay cheque for doing absolutely nothing. Every thing right now with regards to the cfl looks like is going down hill. orridge looks like he is on pace to ruin and destroy every good thing that Mark Cohen had worked his ass off for. Cfl needs to get rid of this fool ASAP before more damage is done to this league. We need workers in the offices of cfl who are going to work long hard hours and show passion to this league not just to show up on a tv show every 3-4 months and think all work is done.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Wow orridge seems like a useless tool. Sounds like he is another Chris rudge type with his little university degree looking to pick up a nice size pay cheque for doing absolutely nothing. Every thing right now with regards to the cfl looks like is going down hill. orridge looks like he is on pace to ruin and destroy every good thing that Mark Cohen had worked his ass off for. Cfl needs to get rid of this fool ASAP before more damage is done to this league. We need workers in the offices of cfl who are going to work long hard hours and show passion to this league not just to show up on a tv show every 3-4 months and think all work is done.
    I will consider the source before taking this analogy seriously. You really do sound like a broken record. You seriously need new material, a life, maybe a wife...I don't know. Comedian you are not, and if you are actually serious with all these moronic posts, then it's professional help that you need. Likely anger management.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have no idea what the hell Orridge said to evoke this reaction from you Rocket, but I gotta say I for one LOVE when you rag on Rudge. haha. The guy has done nothing in 4 years and deserves no accolades nd plenty of criticism . I remember seeing him walking around the 100th GC street party in his little mink coat with the smug look of satisfaction as if he was responsible for the positive reaction. I could have pulled off the 100 GC success. It was the perfect storm of circumstances and funding.

I get a bit of a slacker vibe from Orridge to be perfectly honest, maybe solely in comparison to Cohon and no I cannot back it up with any facts but perception is everything. I personally have yet to see any bump in terms of the social media presence he was going to generate. Sowwy folks, but "Snap Wrap" doesn't cut it.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I will consider the source before taking this analogy seriously. You really do sound like a broken record. You seriously need new material, a life, maybe a wife...I don't know. Comedian you are not, and if you are actually serious with all these moronic posts, then it's professional help that you need. Likely anger management.
    Could you explain to me where you see different? Watch the video this guy greatest achievement thus far for the cfl is that Winnipeg has a rum hut! He talks about Edmonton having a record attendance last game last time I checked Edmonton was getting crowds less then 30,000 for the first time in years there. Doesn't have any answer to the mess cheapskate Braley has done out in b.c. Orridge says the cfl doesn't disclose the location to next years grey cup until a year later! Have we gone back to the early 90s now with deciding the grey cup a couple months before it happens now. What is wrong with announcing the grey cup 2-3years in advance so the city can host a proper grey cup festival? Not like the embarsement that is being played out in Winnipeg this year with poor excuse of having a grey cup halftime show to reduce capacity. And over charge fans ridiculous amounts of money for tickets and have empty seats. PLANNING is what is needed HARD WORK is what is needed PASSION is what is needed not a guy who just wants to pick up a nice size pay cheque and do no work.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The CFL hired an American with little knowledge of or experience in the game of Canadian football to be their Commish? - gee, what a shocker and brilliant move; but hey - give the guy a chance at least - he could do something or be good for the league yet. Maybe demand more out of TSN and their mediocre coverage?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    The CFL hired an American with little knowledge of or experience in the game of Canadian football to be their Commish? - gee, what a shocker and brilliant move
    What does any of this have to do with the Commissioners job ?
    The Commissioner's job is to grow and build the brand (Business oriented), not to be a football guy, that's why there is such a thing as rules and competition committees. Let business people worry about the business and let the sport people focus on the sport.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    The Commissioner's job is to grow and build the brand (Business oriented), not to be a football guy, that's why there is such a thing as rules and competition committees. Let business people worry about the business and let the sport people focus on the sport.
    Thank-You SnowRogue. Couldn't have said that better myself.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Orridge does have a Canadian sporting business background. He did a good job at CBC despite not being on a synchronized swimming team.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Well orridge then has been an awful commissioner if his job is to grow and build the brand. He has done none of that every aspect of the cfl is on the down right now. I know he is still new to the job but this guy needs to get his act together or the other owners need to show him the door ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    I have no idea what the hell Orridge said to evoke this reaction from you Rocket, but I gotta say I for one LOVE when you rag on Rudge. haha. The guy has done nothing in 4 years and deserves no accolades nd plenty of criticism . I remember seeing him walking around the 100th GC street party in his little mink coat with the smug look of satisfaction as if he was responsible for the positive reaction. I could have pulled off the 100 GC success. It was the perfect storm of circumstances and funding.

I get a bit of a slacker vibe from Orridge to be perfectly honest, maybe solely in comparison to Cohon and no I cannot back it up with any facts but perception is everything. I personally have yet to see any bump in terms of the social media presence he was going to generate. Sowwy folks, but "Snap Wrap" doesn't cut it.
    Not only has Chris rudge done NOTHING he has tried to put fault into the Argos and cfl as to why he has had no success being CEO of the Argos. How can we all forget that great interview he gave to a Toronto sun reporter when they asked him why can't the Argos sell tickets to people in Toronto his great response was the people in Toronto likes things that are "big time" and how the cfl and Argos are not the big time. How on earth can you expect to have an idiot like that as your CEO and think you will be able to turn things around with the Argos. and then this idiot tries to act like he is some sort of nice elderly man when talking to the media and some fans of the team feel sorry and don't want to put fault on this guy because he is old.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    CFL commissioner Jeffrey Orridge is speaking with Tim and Sid on Rogers Sportsnet.

Talking about possible 2016 Grey Cup announcement.
    What I want to know is when did Sportsnet acknowledge the existence of the CFL?

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    It's more the Argos they don't want to acknowledge the existence of.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Maybe Tim pulled a fast one on his bosses. We know he is a fan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Would be nice if "the voice of the Argonauts" TSN 1050 heard of the CFL on most of their shows. Do they even use that bumper going into and out of commercials anymore...nope. Of course they should now use home of "the Blue Jays fan, Half Leafs and Raptors live broadcast schedule and home of every NFL team fan." ...Great.

If you've paid attention lately, you'd notice that Sportsnet has been covering the CFL as well, if not better than TSN has recently. Arash Madani broke the Grey Cup 2016 to be held in Toronto story (Where was TSN? probably featuring fathead Hayes previewing the Arizona Cardinals instead) and Scott Naylor is on the CFL beat also.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    It's more the Argos they don't want to acknowledge the existence of.
    The fact that Rogers wanted nothing to do with being involved in the Argos ownership group, is essentially proof of this.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    What I want to know is when will tsn acknowledge cfl games ? NASCAR over the cfl are you kidding me! Fifa basketball over the cfl! Where is the cfl commish in all of this mess I thought he was mr.digitial TV media man. Can't believe this idiot signed the contract extension with the worst sports network out there in tsn. What a joke two rival teams playing a game and you can't even see this on basic cable in the year 2015. Orridge seems like he is bringing back the cfl to early 90s with no planning, no thinking, no taking time time out of his schedule to put in some hours to move the cfl forward. Orridge needs to go ASAP!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    What I want to know is when will tsn acknowledge cfl games ? NASCAR over the cfl are you kidding me! Fifa basketball over the cfl! Where is the cfl commish in all of this mess I thought he was mr.digitial TV media man. Can't believe this idiot signed the contract extension with the worst sports network out there in tsn. What a joke two rival teams playing a game and you can't even see this on basic cable in the year 2015. Orridge seems like he is bringing back the cfl to early 90s with no planning, no thinking, no taking time time out of his schedule to put in some hours to move the cfl forward. Orridge needs to go ASAP!
    Agree with your comments regarding TSN Rocket.
    Really confused why they would spend all of this cash for the CFL rights then proceed to bury the product.
    Must admit my feeling have changed regarding TSN, think our league needs another broadcasting option when negotiating the next deal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Agree with you 100%. Were you personally affected or were you close enough to get to the game. It's a slap in the face to all rural Argo fans who can't get to every game that a game such as this may not have been available on their first 30 channels (channels most seen) and buried on Rogers 494 or Bell Fibe 1400. Basically TSN is indirectly telling their viewers and their advertisers with this move that the CFL isn't as relevant in Southern Ontario than national team FIBA Basketbal, and since when was that the case. (FIFA is soccer, Futbul, but it's probably just as corrupt). Talkabout taking the fans you have for granted, Orridge by allowing this without admonishment and TSN by doing this is treating Southern Ontario CFL fans the way Bettman treats NHL fans in Canada and I don't think they can afford to do that. So much for this guy growing up and watching the CFL...who knows, maybe he hasn't seen a game since Warren Moon played in the league before becoming Commissioner?

PS...FRIGGIN DELIGHTED VENEZUELA BEAT CANADA IN THAT FIBA BASKETBALL game, AS I COULDN'T GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT BASKETBALL AND OLYMPIC QUALIFYING for this OVERHYPED TEAM and tournament. Just because a couple of guys get drafted in the first round...TSN through their parent company ESPN start kissing their ass and overhyping them. THIS LOSS LOOKS GOOD ON TSN. ...DELIGHTED, I'M as delighted as the Venezuelan coach.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 09-12-2015 at 01:58 AM.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I love the mentality from some on here--only the Argonauts and the CFL are allowed to have nice things. You bet we'd all prefer the Argonauts to get more attention, but I've never believed shitting on any other team (except Toronto FC perhaps ) is the way to accomplish that, but that is just me. Perhaps it is more of a generational thing as the Argos had already started their decline down the Toronto sports pecking order by the time I came of age.

But, you are generally correct Gill in that in Canada we love to hype things before they are actually ready to be hyped. I believe that it has affected both Milos Raonic and Eugenie Bouchard in tennis.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022