Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Coach milanovich's teams mo - undisciplined football

Coach Milanovich is highly respected across the league. But I think opposing teams are well aware of the Argos penchant for penalties.

Since 2012, I have witnessed a litany of squandered games by the Argos. I have waited for this to end. With the new rules, this has only gotten worse. I went back and found this interesting 2012 article in Toronto Sun. Surprisingly, then as now, the team was 6-5.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/15...-to-cost-argos

"The Argos are the most-penalized team in the CFL. That simple fact is something head coach Scott Milanovich has to change some time between now and November if Toronto is to make a playoff run.

The Argos fell to 6-5, and in a game that served as a barometer for how far they have come in 2012. With their penchant for flags, they demonstrated that plenty of work remains for Milanovich and his staff."

Anyone want to comment on the lack of fundamentals and discipline under his tenure? Surprising, since he studied under Marc Trestmen in Montreal.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos also have one of, if not the highest roster turnover in the league (except maybe the REDBLACKS for obvious reasons). Is there a correlation between rookies and penalties caused I do not know but it does seem likely that the younger players are also the least disciplined.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree! We are constantly training "better" players according to Jim Barker, rather than bringing back veterans. I also think we aren't spending to the Salary Cap. You can thank David Brailey for that!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    An interesting thread, and it's easy to be irritated - and justifiably so - about this chronic problem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I agree! We are constantly training "better" players according to Jim Barker, rather than bringing back veterans. I also think we aren't spending to the Salary Cap. You can thank David Brailey for that!
    Bingo. I think Barker has to put his spin on it so as not to throw the man signing his cheques under the bus. I guarantee it wasn't Barker's decision to let guys like Partrick Watkins walk, or get outbid for him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Always comes back to Braley around here. Talk about spin. At least the first post tried to lay blame where it belongs but even he chickened out and put it on Braley.

(Note: Nobody was bitching about Braker's plan when they were 6-2)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Always comes back to Braley around here. Talk about spin. At least the first post tried to lay blame where it belongs but even he chickened out and put it on Braley.

Always defending Braley..let's talk about spin.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

I disagree. At 6-2 we were winning ugly. Statistically there was little difference between Argos and Riders.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I disagree. At 6-2 we were winning ugly. Statistically there was little difference between Argos and Riders.
    Played ugly football and lost. Look what they did with their 2013 Grey Cup Champion Coach and GM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    By the way. adding the fact that Braley may have damaged the football operations doesn't negate or minimize the
    Lack of discipline or coaching deficiencies. What I said was that there may not be resources to replace DC or bring in replacements for the injured

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

No kidding, nobody had reason to bitch at 6-2 (although the late comebacks somewhat skewed the real talent level of this team) but the fact is they have lost the last 3 in ugly fashion which is what people are reacting to.
    Fans want results and when subjected to the level of play of the last 3 games correctly get pissed of and angry.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I am biased.... and we were playing our arch rivals.... so I could be completely wrong ... but sitting in the stands... I felt the ref's had a bad game last night... I'm not dumping on our guys for last nights game... maybe On TV it looked different...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    I am biased.... and we were playing our arch rivals.... so I could be completely wrong ... but sitting in the stands... I felt the ref's had a bad game last night... I'm not dumping on our guys for last nights game... maybe On TV it looked different...
    The refs sucked last night however in true Argo fashion they couldn't put together a consistent 60 minutes last night.
    Seems the O and D takes turns in playing somewhat decently but rarely do so at the same time for any meaningful stretch.
    When the going gets tough later in the game our D predictably goes soft and shits the bed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    No kidding, nobody had reason to bitch at 6-2 (although the late comebacks somewhat skewed the real talent level of this team) but the fact is they have lost the last 3 in ugly fashion which is what people are reacting to.
    Fans want results and when subjected to the level of play of the last 3 games correctly get pissed of and angry.
    It seems as though there has been lots of complaining on here all season, especially about the defence, even when the Argos were 6-2.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It seems as though there has been lots of complaining on here all season, especially about the defence, even when the Argos were 6-2.
    Rightly so, even at 6-2 there were serious concerns regarding this team (particularly the defence).
    Think back a couple of weeks, Hamilton and Toronto both sitting at 6-3, nobody in their right mind could say that both of these teams were evenly matched, Argos exceeded expectations early on due to some late game comebacks but as time goes on a teams true ability tends to show through.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Last night's Eskimo defence reminded me of 2012 when Chris Jones was DC in Toronto. Aggressive and imaginative defence. Three DCs in three years have failed to rekindle that kind've excitement. It won't matter what atheletes we put on the field until we have a scheme for them to execute.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I've said this for the last few years. TOO many new guys. Learning on the fly and doing stupid shit game in and game out. Barker must be one cocky SOB who feels like he is this talent guru who will always find superstars. It's working to a point but we are constantly having to watch guys screw up big one play and play great the next. One step forward, two steps back. It's getting tiring but Barker just lets guys walk to try their NFL dream and when they come back to the CFL it's to another team. Frustrating when you watch teams like Calgary and Hamilton and you know the names more then your own team.

I now feel we'll finish 9-9 at best.

When will we see Ray? I'm starting to write him off at this point. Ray gives us hope to win more then 9.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I've said this for the last few years. TOO many new guys. Learning on the fly and doing stupid shit game in and game out. Barker must be one cocky SOB who feels like he is this talent guru who will always find superstars. It's working to a point but we are constantly having to watch guys screw up big one play and play great the next. One step forward, two steps back. It's getting tiring but Barker just lets guys walk to try their NFL dream and when they come back to the CFL it's to another team. Frustrating when you watch teams like Calgary and Hamilton and you know the names more then your own team.

I now feel we'll finish 9-9 at best.

When will we see Ray? I'm starting to write him off at this point. Ray gives us hope to win more then 9.
    Hamilton and Calgary have money to spend; the Argos don't. Hamilton is in the hunt for Henoc Muamba for crying out loud and I can't figure out how they can possibly fit him in under their cap but Bob Young will find a way even if he has to blow the cap. He could probably fit under the cap quite easily in Toronto but will Braley allow Barker to spend? When Barker is handcuffed, he has to rely much more on recruiting than any other GM in the league.

Quarterbacking is the least of the Argos' problems. Harris showed the other night that he is more than willing to carry this team on his back. Ray will likely be ready to play in two weeks but Harris has done nothing to be considered anything but the starter at this point.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well we my as well just go through the motions and hope that BMO and the new owners are a good thing. I can't afford to trip to TO to watch crap and just get pissed off at our whole situation while the rest of the league gets football first stadiums and are treated well in their cities.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Actually myself and a few others brought up multiple times that the slow starts were going to bite the team in the butt eventually, can't win that way over the long haul. Not even mentioning how many people were against promoting Creehan from the day the announcement was made.