Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

October 6 game gone to Ottawa

Argos Move October 6th game to Ottawa
    Toronto Argonauts announce October 6th Game to be played at TD Place Stadium in Ottawa

The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced today that their home game, originally scheduled to be played at Rogers Centre on Tuesday, October 6 at 7:30 p.m. ET against the Ottawa REDBLACKS, will be moved to TD Place Stadium in Ottawa, ON.

“We have been aware for some time that Rogers Centre might not be available to our team during the month of October should the Toronto Blue Jays make it into the MLB post-season,” said Toronto Argonauts Executive Chairman & CEO, Chris Rudge. “Due to the tremendous success the Blue Jays have experienced this season, Rogers Centre officials informed us in writing several weeks ago to begin seeking out alternative locations for some of our October home games. We targeted the October 6th game to start and it has been a priority for us to communicate our plans early so that our fans and stakeholders can prepare. As an organization, our preference is not to have our team play back-to-back games in Ottawa. But this is an extraordinary circumstance and TD Place Stadium is available, CFL-ready and broadcast-ready. The Ottawa RedBlacks organization has been very accommodating and understanding and we are thankful to them for making this a viable option.”

Rudge continued, “While this scenario certainly offers some challenges to our team, I would like everyone to know that we are excited for the run the Blue Jays have made to date and we wish them best of luck down the stretch and, hopefully, into the post-season.”

Fans who have purchased tickets to the October 6 game will be contacted by a Toronto Argonauts ticket representative in the near future.

The Toronto Argonauts are North America's oldest professional football club, celebrating their 142nd anniversary in 2015. As Toronto's #1 community team through player involvement and community programs, the Toronto Argonauts, a member of the Canadian Football League (CFL), have 16 Grey Cup championships to their credit. For 2015 season ticket and group sales packages, please contact the sales team at (416) 341-ARGO. For more information on the Toronto Argonauts Football Club, please visit argonauts.ca.
    A video message from Chris Rudge
    Copyright © 2015 Toronto Argonauts Football Club, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you are on our mailing list.

Our mailing address is:
    Toronto Argonauts Football Club212 King Street West
    Suite 501
    Toronto, On M5H 1K5Canada

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    What a bloody joke!

Of course the Rough Riders have been accommodating. Their team only has one of the better home-field advantages in the league.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    What a bloody joke!

Of course the Rough Riders have been accommodating. Their team only has one of the better home-field advantages in the league.
    Cue Rocket's bashing of Rudge.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yup. Just got that email too. We all know the reason is that Braley is guaranteed to sell a lot of tickets there. Absolutely ridiculous.

I responded and have inquired about the refund policy on games which have been moved. Should the Argos not finish 1st or 2nd, the count will be up to 2 games. I personally am going to request a full refund on all tickets for games played subtracted from games paid for. I will not seek a credit towards next year, and instead I will pay for next years separately. I don't want that SOB Braley getting my money for games that weren't delivered.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Let the CFL bashing begin. I so can't wait for the RC era to end. Could not be more potentially disastrous for the Argos having to go up against a division rival that is breathing down our necks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Yah, I am royally p/o'd about this.
    I assume that they figured nobody would travel to Tim Horton's Field on a Tuesday night.
    And that glib news release from the REDBLACKS is absolutely insulting.

I will also demand a refund of my STH money for any games that are moved that I can't/don't attend.
    And definitely no credit toward next season's tickets.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Cue Rocket's bashing of Rudge.
    At least we know that Rudge is in the office and not out on the golf course. Or is the video just a photo op to keep the haters quiet?

I'm actually tired of Rudge myself but I'm no Rocket.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Let the CFL bashing begin. I so can't wait for the RC era to end. Could not be more potentially disastrous for the Argos having to go up against a division rival that is breathing down our necks.
    What a JOKE this is! Unbelievable that we have gotten to this point with the worst owner and the biggest loser lazy idiot no good for nothing numnuts rudge! I can't wait for when these two useless idiots are gone from this organization then the actual move from skydome. Anyone who is a little competent and actually cared and put in some time with this team this year would have been able to work some sort of deal with the other big jokers in Rogers to getting a deal done where they would be able to play there game at another date at skydome. As the great Donald trump would say folks "we need a closer" not incompetent fools like Braley/rudge.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    At least we know that Rudge is in the office and not out on the golf course. Or is the video just a photo op to keep the haters quiet?

I'm actually tired of Rudge myself but I'm no Rocket.
    It wouldn't surprise me to know that Chris rudge did a photo op with this video. Nothing would suprise me with this useless
    tool. That or this was the first time this idiot actually went down to the cfl offices to do his first work assignment for the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well I know I won't be able to make it to Ottawa, so I'm hoping for at least the full credited amount to go to next season's tickets, although I'm leaning more towards refund.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Well I know I won't be able to make it to Ottawa, so I'm hoping for at least the full credited amount to go to next season's tickets, although I'm leaning more towards refund.
    Please folks watch that you actually ask for a full refund for this game don't allow cheapskate Braley to grab another dollar from yourselves to pocket for his old greedy ass.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Second home date in another teams stadium or province like our first game against Edmonchuk in Fort Mac. Shouldn't have bought seasons as this is turning out to be a ROYAL FUCKUP!!
    We aren't that far from Ottawa but will be getting a full refund. Had plans to spend the night in TO and then my wife could catch that train to Pearson for her flight to Cowtown on Weds. Now we'll be watching at home and I'll be driving her to Pearson. What a way to end this Rogers gongshow.
    The couch next year is looking great in my books.Great food and quality craft beer and our tv. 10 hour days minimum traveling to TO and back, which will be longer now that we'll be at BMO SUCK. Have to pick a few games to hit and stay over downtown.

I think we'll be hard pressed to pull it together and make the playoffs with everything against this team along with how they're playing. Another great way to limp into next year

I'm so pissed off! Just move all the Oct dates now and give me a FUCKing refund. If the Jays somehow don't make the playoffs, then FUCK Rogers and it's FUCKing stadium.
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 09-16-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I feel very sorry for the season ticket holders that are getting worked over again. I can't help but wonder why this game wasn't moved to Hamilton where Argo fans have a fighting chance of attending one of their games. How many of you guys are planning to drive up to Ottawa on a Tuesday night? Braley/Rudge, give your heads a shake. What the hell are they doing playing on a Tuesday night anyway?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    I feel very sorry for the season ticket holders that are getting worked over again. I can't help but wonder why this game wasn't moved to Hamilton where Argo fans have a fighting chance of attending one of their games. How many of you guys are planning to drive up to Ottawa on a Tuesday night? Braley/Rudge, give your heads a shake. What the hell are they doing playing on a Tuesday night anyway?
    I am guessing that Braley is getting the gate for this game and he figures he can get a bigger gate in Ottawa than in Hamilton.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    What a JOKE this is! Unbelievable that we have gotten to this point with the worst owner and the biggest loser lazy idiot no good for nothing numnuts rudge! I can't wait for when these two useless idiots are gone from this organization then the actual move from skydome. Anyone who is a little competent and actually cared and put in some time with this team this year would have been able to work some sort of deal with the other big jokers in Rogers to getting a deal done where they would be able to play there game at another date at skydome. As the great Donald trump would say folks "we need a closer" not incompetent fools like Braley/rudge.
    Kudos to Rudge, he has proactively made a plan for October, I feel we are in good hands Rocket!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I have a question.
    If the Jays end up getting first, doesn't that mean October 6th would be available for the Argonauts ? I thought Oct 6th would only be a problem if the Jays get the wild card.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    From what I understand once it's switched over for playoff baseball The Argonauts are screwed until the Jays win it all or lose out. No switching back and forth. I bet that will happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    On the MLB site, October 6th is the date for the wild card game. The way the Jays are going, I doubt they will have to play a wild card game. I don't know why they couldn't hold off on making this announcement until they knew exactly when they would need the stadium. The MLB playoff schedule is up and I checked it against the Argo schedule and it looks like the Argos games could be played.
    I'll have to see if I can get free tickets to the game in Ottawa in exchange. I just might take the trip, even though I am going to the Thanksgiving day game in Montreal as well. Yes.... I am recently retired, so I can do those things now. I was planning on driving to Winnipeg, but decided against it late, but Ottawa is a lot closer.
    This is the only thing that makes me feel happy about leaving the dome. I'm not a fan of BMO and that location, but I'll go.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Solidarity from Ottawa Argo fan

I genuinely feel bad for all the STH who are getting screwed by Rogers and co. What a perfect storm. Anyway, all I can say is we Argo fans up here in Ottawa (and there are quite a few of us, based on what I saw at last year's inaugural game) will do our best to keep the RedBlacks' home-field advantage to a minimum. We'll be doing that on Sept 26 as well, but maybe with less success as the game's already effectively sold out (I'm assuming there will be some empty seats on Oct 6 as it isn't part of the RedBlacks' ST package and it's a Tues night to boot).

What a year. Let's keep pulling together and hoping for better times at BMO. Keep the faith and don't give up the ship!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks for that Solidarity form Ottawa Argo Fan comment. ..... This is a major disappointment that a more local venue could not have been negotiated. (although one does wonder if any thought was actually given once TD place became "available")

Similar comments were had by many cats fans when they couldn't get their stadium done in time ..... or had to do the year in Guelph ..... the only problem here is that the number of STH doesn't merit the effort from the establishment .... ARgos or CFL .....

mmmmm . .... they call this league for the fans ..... no love in this region

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm asking for a full refund for my two seats plus two additional tickets to a later game. I suggest everyone does the same. I'm tired of this b.s and they should compensate their loyal ST holders. They owe us more than just a refund, we bought tickets with the understanding that our team would have a fair shot as every other team. We've now lost two home games at least and to make it worse we lost our home game to the team we're competing directly against in the standings.