Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    This as we all know was inevitable, who knows how many more are coming?
    Refund for me.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Kudos to Rudge, he has proactively made a plan for October, I feel we are in good hands Rocket!!
    What's the plan? To go play a division rival at there own home field to give them an advantage! Or to see cheapskate Braley fail once again to market the game and attract a crowd of less then 5000 for this game for all the Toronto sports fans to look down and laugh at the Argos franchise the exact same people that we would want to attend games at bmo field next year. It's amazing to see how these idiots can screw things up how hard would it have been to play the game at a neutral site such as Hamilton or even London for Argo fans to attend. I still have a hard time how these clowns can't negotiate with Rogers for anything. I remember back in 1993 I believe it was game 3 or 4 of the World Series and they played the game two nights later. Blue jays won't even be playing that day for the wild card. Another thing is where are the new Argo owners you would think that these guys would try to step in with all these embarrassing events that are happening. But I guess tanembum is to busy looking to get an nfl franchise to Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    As usual, the Braley Bunch have left me confused and appalled by their actions. At this point I have two questions for these insensitive money grubbers:
    1) did Rogers actually give notice that any particular dates would be unavailable, or conditions under which RC would be unavailable, or is this all just so much knee-jerk reaction, done to make a few extra bucks. It is highly unlikely ( with the current Blue Jays status) that there will be any conflict whatsoever until the BC game on October 30.
    2) it's so very nice that my Argo ticket rep will be in touch with me about my tickets, but what to do if I have no ticket rep since I am no longer a STH. During the last few years that I was a STH ( ending with 2013) I never had a rep contact me, not once. How will they contact me now, when they have no idea who bought the tickets. I have about $1500 worth of tickets for the Ottawa and Calgary games, for which I paid cash. How do I get my money back ??

Is there anything we can do about this mess ? -- No. Read the purchase conditions of your tickets. The Braley Bunch can screw us all they want to - exchanging worthless, undesirable tickets for good money. Yes, I already talked to a lawyer.

...and further

Originally Posted by argotom
    This as we all know was inevitable, who knows how many more are coming?
    Refund for me.

Good luck getting a refund. Most likely you will be offered a credit for extra tickets valid at any time during the Braley era, or for tickets to the BC Lions home games.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not anything new to add except that I am disappointed by this and hope the Argos can make it through this season and get into the playoffs and finally say goodbye to all of this nonsense next season!

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    What's the plan? To go play a division rival at there own home field to give them an advantage! Or to see cheapskate Braley fail once again to market the game and attract a crowd of less then 5000 for this game for all the Toronto sports fans to look down and laugh at the Argos franchise the exact same people that we would want to attend games at bmo field next year. It's amazing to see how these idiots can screw things up how hard would it have been to play the game at a neutral site such as Hamilton or even London for Argo fans to attend. I still have a hard time how these clowns can't negotiate with Rogers for anything. I remember back in 1993 I believe it was game 3 or 4 of the World Series and they played the game two nights later. Blue jays won't even be playing that day for the wild card. Another thing is where are the new Argo owners you would think that these guys would try to step in with all these embarrassing events that are happening. But I guess tanembum is to busy looking to get an nfl franchise to Toronto.
    Hamilton's a neutral site? really?

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    Certainly not a neutral site, but I think many fans preferred it to Ottawa because (i) they could actually go to the game and (ii) Ottawa has one of the best home-field advantages in the league.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    For a game between Toronto and Ottawa?
    Yes, technically that would be a neutral site, although you could make the case that there is a small advantage for Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Keep reading comments on forums that this situation should happen to the Argos because they are freeloaders....do they not pay the highest rent in the CFL? Disgusted how this team is treated by jerks who really have no idea. At least the city of Ottawa is thrilled to have another CFL game in their stadium this season. I don't think Toronto gives a ?$@#! crap about the Argos or the CFL. Really pissed off at this whole situation.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    For a game between Toronto and Ottawa?
    Yes, technically that would be a neutral site, although you could make the case that there is a small advantage for Toronto.
    It really depends how many Hamiltonians would choose to attend that game. They certainly will not be cheering for the Argonauts. The only difference is that it'd be easier for Argo fans to make it down versus Ottawa on a Tuesday.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Bottom line is that it is a cash grab. If the owneship really cared about giving their team a competitive advantage, they would have played the game at Varsity and damn what the league or TV has to say about it.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    In regards to a recent thread:"Do the Argos owe the SkyDome era a send-off?" Perhaps Oct 6 would be an appropriate time and place for such an occasion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobythor View Post
    I'm asking for a full refund for my two seats plus two additional tickets to a later game. I suggest everyone does the same. I'm tired of this b.s and they should compensate their loyal ST holders. They owe us more than just a refund, we bought tickets with the understanding that our team would have a fair shot as every other team. We've now lost two home games at least and to make it worse we lost our home game to the team we're competing directly against in the standings.
    Somehow I think that the offer will be similar what we got for losing a game to Fort McMurray:

2 Tickets for another game per Season Ticket.
    1 Playoff Ticket per Season Ticket (if we make the playoffs).

Or a credit / refund per Ticket for the missed game.

I guess the only good thing is that it was the Tuesday night game that we lost.

I wonder how many more October games we're going to lose?

Since we've already lost 2 Home Games it would be nice to hear from the league as to what they're going to do to help offset the competitive disadvantage that we're facing.

Does anyone still think that the new owners will be stupid enough to try to raise prices next season for existing Season Ticket holders?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think hat we can expect for the rest of the season will be that Rogers will follow the lease. They provided sufficient notice for the game on October 6th. I assume that clause was 3 weeks notice. In 11 days we can expect the next change for the Calgary game. Expect that to go in Calgary. They'll follow the lease.

Next year, I expect that Season Ticket holders will be offered the same seats for the 2016 Grey Cup and it will be held at BMO Field. No season ticket price increases are envisioned

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I wonder how many more October games we're going to lose?

Since we've already lost 2 Home Games it would be nice to hear from the league as to what they're going to do to help offset the competitive disadvantage that we're facing.
    Two more is my guess. I am assuming that once Jays are in the playoffs Rogers won't touch the building interior -- they'll add bunting and leave everything in place until baseball is done.

What do you think the league can/should do about the competitive disadvantage? I honestly can't think of anything. I think we are just stuck with this reality.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    In 11 days we can expect the next change for the Calgary game. Expect that to go in Calgary.
    No, no, no, no, no! It is one thing to move a game from Toronto to Ottawa but they better not move a game from Toronto to Calgary. Play the game anywhere in southern Ontario but do not make the Argos have to take yet another trip out west.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Bottom line is that it is a cash grab. If the owneship really cared about giving their team a competitive advantage, they would have played the game at Varsity and damn what the league or TV has to say about it.
    absolutely agree. the disadvantages this franchise has caused itself makes my head hurt and makes me wonder why I care sometimes to be honest.

I was livid about giving away the home game to Edmonton earlier this year, i'm beyond that now - sort of have a choice between laughing or crying.

cannot wait until 2016.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It has become a total farce!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    absolutely agree. the disadvantages this franchise has caused itself makes my head hurt and makes me wonder why I care sometimes to be honest.

I was livid about giving away the home game to Edmonton earlier this year, i'm beyond that now - sort of have a choice between laughing or crying.

cannot wait until 2016.
    And before any of the Braley apologists go on about how he has a right to get back some of his money, I will just say that moreso, he has a responsibility to take care of his loyal season ticket holders, and give his team the absolute best opportunity to succeed.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I guess this is now more reason to temper our criticism following each game.
    Living out of the suitcase is the motto.
    I am sure the coach will use this again this to incite an all versus the world mentality, with hopefully resulting in an improved game performance.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    And before any of the Braley apologists go on about how he has a right to get back some of his money, I will just say that moreso, he has a responsibility to take care of his loyal season ticket holders, and give his team the absolute best opportunity to succeed.
    I personally think what Braley did with this team has put shame and embarsement for every Toronto Argo and cfl fan in this country. This just gives all the more for the nfl wannabes in Toronto to throw more dirt at the Argos. Just when you think you have seen everything with running this team to the ground they come up with a new one.this season isn't yet over I am sure we will see some more embarrassing situations for the Argos before cheapskate leaves the Argos. Braley/rudge should take all fault with what is occurring with this team only these two morons would be able to sign a lease agreement with Rogers with all these ridiculous stipulations all because cheapskate doesn't want to give any extra money for rent at skydome.