Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    "All 2015 Argonauts Season Ticket Holders will be reimbursed, in full, for the cost of their ticket(s) to home games that will be disrupted by the 2015 Major League Baseball post-season schedule."

Good decision, and one that should have been made in the same announcement about the loss of the first game. Why wait a week to do what was so obviously the right -- and only reasonable -- thing?
    That's about time for the STH's and the proper decision. Now what are they doing about pre-sale tickets that are to non STH. I have heard nothing about how to get a refund on my Ottawa game tickets -- and will probably need to do the same for my Calgary game tickets. I phoned the Office and enquired, but all I received was a promise that someone would call me back, which they didn't.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    That's about time for the STH's and the proper decision. Now what are they doing about pre-sale tickets that are to non STH. I have heard nothing about how to get a refund on my Ottawa game tickets -- and will probably need to do the same for my Calgary game tickets. I phoned the Office and enquired, but all I received was a promise that someone would call me back, which they didn't.
    The press release indicated that STHs will be reimbursed after all the disrupted game(s) are known. We only know of disruption so far.

"All 2015 Argonauts Season Ticket Holders will be reimbursed, in full, for the cost of their ticket(s) to home games that will be disrupted by the 2015 Major League Baseball post-season schedule. Argonauts ticket staff will begin processing all reimbursements as soon as all disruptions to our 2015 home schedule are known."

"

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    The press release indicated that STHs will be reimbursed after all the disrupted game(s) are known. We only know of disruption so far.
    I believe D-Gap-Willie was referring to non-season ticket holders that bought single game ticket(s) for that game.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Not surprising to know that employees at the Argo offices arent doing there job. Easy for one of them useless tools to throw out a fast email just addressing season ticket holders and doing nothing to the notion of single game tickets or other people who have bought flex packs etc.. Don't accept to get any call back from anyone in the office if you lucky you might be able to get a call hour before the oct 6 game. I hope the new owners look into firing everyone associated with this organization with the exception players,coaches,general managers,trainers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Give them a break Rocket !!!! They have to wait until they see exactly how many games will be affected. Also, when they say they will call back, I assume they mean they will call back once they have everything sorted out and figure a way to refund everyone. Not that they will call you back five minutes later. Why are so many of you dumping on the poor Argo employees who got stepped on by Rogers ?
    Patience !!!
    Me, I think I am headed to Ottawa for that Argo home game. Best chance to see the new stadium, since all the other games are sold out.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    What do you want from the two office staff that they still have. haha. I sure hope our team gets treated with care and respect by the new ownership group.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Not surprising to know that employees at the Argo offices arent doing there job. Easy for one of them useless tools to throw out a fast email just addressing season ticket holders and doing nothing to the notion of single game tickets or other people who have bought flex packs etc.. Don't accept to get any call back from anyone in the office if you lucky you might be able to get a call hour before the oct 6 game. I hope the new owners look into firing everyone associated with this organization with the exception players,coaches,general managers,trainers.
    Idiotic statement. My rep always returns my calls same day. Maybe it's just you. If you deal with them the way you post on here, it's no wonder they would avoid you at all costs.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I received my call today, it wasn't my rep, but I was given a full explanation as to what will end up happening. Full refund for any game that is missed, so Oct 6th confirmed, the 17th and 23rd games pending. Also brought up how to get tickets for either the Ottawa game or the games taking place at THF, of which season ticket holders will receive discounts. I had asked if they could just credit my account for next season, which was declined and the explanation was that the new owners didn't want the carry over credits.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Idiotic statement. My rep always returns my calls same day. Maybe it's just you. If you deal with them the way you post on here, it's no wonder they would avoid you at all costs.
    I would have to agree. I have had the same rep since 08 (minus the 2014 season) and have never had any issues whatsoever.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Also brought up how to get tickets for either the Ottawa game or the games taking place at THF, of which season ticket holders will receive discounts. I had asked if they could just credit my account for next season, which was declined and the explanation was that the new owners didn't want the carry over credits.

Great explanation. Glad that they are giving full refunds rather than credits. I reallly want no more of my money going to Braley.

So just out of curiosity, by getting discounts to the THF game, I take that to mean we just can't simply exchange our current tickets for a ticket to any game played there, but rather we would have to buy our tickets separately and then get refunded for our Dome tickets at the end of the year?

And I guess that would mean that if they don't host a playoff game, the playoff ticket which replaced the Fort Mac game would also now be an automatic refund, as the new owners wouldn't want to take on a credit for that either?

I'd be good with all of that....but hopfully they don't screw us on the Rogers facility fee of $2 which is part of the cost of every ticket.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Well it's happening, so I can only assume the deal does make at least some sense for them.
    This article from the Ottawa Citizen indicates that it does make sense for both the Argos and RedBlacks: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/foot...cated-cfl-game
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    This article from the Ottawa Citizen indicates that it does make sense for both the Argos and RedBlacks: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/foot...cated-cfl-game
    Try convincing the players and coaches that it makes sense. Makes sense from a financial point of view. It makes no sense whatsoever from a competitive point of view.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hopefully the coach will again use the us against the world pep talk?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    So just out of curiosity, by getting discounts to the THF game, I take that to mean we just can't simply exchange our current tickets for a ticket to any game played there, but rather we would have to buy our tickets separately and then get refunded for our Dome tickets at the end of the year?

And I guess that would mean that if they don't host a playoff game, the playoff ticket which replaced the Fort Mac game would also now be an automatic refund, as the new owners wouldn't want to take on a credit for that either?
    Yes, that is how it was explained to me.
    I'd be good with all of that....but hopfully they don't screw us on the Rogers facility fee of $2 which is part of the cost of every ticket.
    This wasn't brought up specifically during our discussion, I was told that I would get a full refund for each game, so honestly I just assumed that full refund also includes the Rogers and ticketmaster fees. Might be something worth asking though.

Side note : After being told that the new owners didn't want the credits transferring over for next season, a little red flag went up. So I asked if the new owners would keep the promise that was made that all current season ticket holders receive first right to equivalent seats at BMO Field and was told that from everything they have heard, the new owners intend to keep that promise and ensure that Argonauts season ticket holders are taken care of.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    I had that explained to me too when I phoned to ask about getting tickets to the Ottawa game instead of my home game. He said that it a completely different ticketing agency, so it's best to just get my refund and then buy my ticket for the Ottawa game with the discount offer. Since I am getting a refund, that's as good as getting free tickets for Ottawa, so I am probably going.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Try convincing the players and coaches that it makes sense. Makes sense from a financial point of view. It makes no sense whatsoever from a competitive point of view.
    You won't get any argument from me on that, AV.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    You won't get any argument from me on that, AV.
    I know that. Just to be clear, I was speaking to the article and not anything you posted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I believe D-Gap-Willie was referring to non-season ticket holders that bought single game ticket(s) for that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That's quite correct. Jen & I are currently at our place in Kelowna, and will be leaving for Ottawa later today. (Sept 26 game). We have no idea what are plans are for after that game - we had planned to go to Toronto area and stay with my brother until 18 Oct, catching the Ottawa and Calgary games in the process. In anticipation, we invited some people to join us at the Ottawa and Calgary home games, and purchased about $1500 worth of tickets.
    I am no longer a STH - gave it up after 43 years in 2013 due to advancing years and declining health - so I no longer get the "premium service"

I got tired of waiting for Argo office to call back - maybe they won't because it is long distance and staff are toll restricted. I asked a friend in TO to check it out for me. He didn't go but sent his Paralegal to the Argo Office. She was advised that "there is currently only a plan for refunds to STH, which will occur after the end of the CFL season" "there is currently no plan for refund to flex-pack and single game pre-sales since we have no means pf contacting them". "we don't know when those issues will come up for discussion".

I do hope that this is merely a case of incompetence, and not an attempt to make it nigh on impossible to get a refund.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    That's quite correct. Jen & I are currently at our place in Kelowna, and will be leaving for Ottawa later today. (Sept 26 game). We have no idea what are plans are for after that game - we had planned to go to Toronto area and stay with my brother until 18 Oct, catching the Ottawa and Calgary games in the process. In anticipation, we invited some people to join us at the Ottawa and Calgary home games, and purchased about $1500 worth of tickets.
    I am no longer a STH - gave it up after 43 years in 2013 due to advancing years and declining health - so I no longer get the "premium service"

I got tired of waiting for Argo office to call back - maybe they won't because it is long distance and staff are toll restricted. I asked a friend in TO to check it out for me. He didn't go but sent his Paralegal to the Argo Office. She was advised that "there is currently only a plan for refunds to STH, which will occur after the end of the CFL season" "there is currently no plan for refund to flex-pack and single game pre-sales since we have no means pf contacting them". "we don't know when those issues will come up for discussion".

I do hope that this is merely a case of incompetence, and not an attempt to make it nigh on impossible to get a refund.
    If the game is cancelled you'll automatically get a refund the same way that you purchased the tickets. I've had this happen before with cancelled concerts and playoff games that didn't take place (buy tickets to a Game 7 but the series is over in 6).

In my cases Ticketmaster automatically credited my credit card once the event was officially cancelled.

You have nothing to worry about.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    They normally try and get one to buy the next seasons tickets at a discount to make up for any game you have paid for that didn't get played. Seeing there is going to be new owners that won't work anymore. So I guess it will have to be the refund this time. Braley wouldn't stiff us would he?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    If the game is cancelled you'll automatically get a refund the same way that you purchased the tickets. I've had this happen before with cancelled concerts and playoff games that didn't take place (buy tickets to a Game 7 but the series is over in 6).

In my cases Ticketmaster automatically credited my credit card once the event was officially cancelled.

You have nothing to worry about.
    Thanks, but not really worried - just dissed about the dysfunction or the Argo office which has existed for a number of years. Tickets were purchased through the Argos as group sale ( even though not group sale) and paid cash, since their CC-link was not working at the time.
    I prefer to know what is happening and when. I don't think that is unreasonable. We would like to attend the Oct 6 game in Ottawa, especially since we will already be in Ottawa for the previous game, but I'll be damned if I am going to put more money on the line for Braley.