Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    Interesting though is that an early season bills vs bengals game has roughly the same ticket price as a grey cup game while drawing more fans at the gate (larger stadium). Just another example of why you cannot compare the CFL to NFL when it comes to scheduling games.
    Where do you see an early season Bills/Bengals game costing $400 per ticket? I'm talking face value and not secondary market.

The most expensive Bills ticket is $ 132, and that is for the premium games. Bengals are 2nd tier games based on their demand, and the highest price for that game is $112.

Are you actually being serious, or are you trying to troll Argos/CFL fans here?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...2-8bc9cad5836b
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The point is that the argos are simply not a big enough draw for Rogers to actually care... Do you think if the Argos are pulling in $12 million dollars off the gate that Rogers wouldn't come up with a way to make the Oct games happen?
    No, they definitely wouldn't. Rogers owns the Dome, Rogers owns the Jays, and MLB teams are required by MLB rules to have primary tenant rights. Rogers would bump the Argos if the Argos pulled in a gazillion dollars per game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    try and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Where do you see an early season Bills/Bengals game costing $400 per ticket? I'm talking face value and not secondary market.

The most expensive Bills ticket is $ 132, and that is for the premium games. Bengals are 2nd tier games based on their demand, and the highest price for that game is $112.

Are you actually being serious, or are you trying to troll Argos/CFL fans here?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...2-8bc9cad5836b

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    No, they definitely wouldn't. Rogers owns the Dome, Rogers owns the Jays, and MLB teams are required by MLB rules to have primary tenant rights. Rogers would bump the Argos if the Argos pulled in a gazillion dollars per game.
    but would they make the game happen like what happened in the NFL? The raiders game 2 years ago for example was moved from a 1pm game to a night game to give time to get the field switched over. I'd bet they would make it happen if more money was on the line!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    try and buy one
    OK, so you are just trolling.

If you go to the link below, you can get a bus package to that specific game in lower bowl premium seating for $249. And that includes a pre-game all you can eat and drink tailgate. That's a far cry from the $400 you say a ticket costs. Do you have any more BS you want to spread?

http://www.elitesportstours.ca/index...ills-bus-tours

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    try and buy one
    It's easy to buy a Bills ticket. In DEC there is 25,000 empty seats

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    It's easy to buy a Bills ticket. In DEC there is 25,000 empty seats
    To be fair, the Bills are one of the cheapest tickets in the NFL and is why Ralph Wilson jumped at the Rogers deal to move some home games, pre-season and one regular season to Toronto. He saw a great oppurtunity when he noticed how willing Rogers was to overpay and host those games.

There maybe 25,000 empty seats in December if the Bills are out of it and fans don't want to spend an afternoon in the cold to watch a shite team, but they do have a record 67,000 season tickets sold this year. Even though that number is helped because of the cheaper ticket prices, it's still very impressive and I say this not as a Bills fans, but as a football fan that happens to have Buffalo as it's nearest NFL operation. I remember the 2-14 Kaye Stephenson (remember his coaching Sacramento in the CFL) years in the mid 80's when there were 50,000 empty seats in Buffalo for December home games. We just got highlights because they never sold out in those days and the almighty NFL would never want to televise a game with that many empty seats, unless it's only in the visiting team's local market. Even then the camera shots must have been very tight throughout the game with no wide shots of the stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post
    I have season tickets in Buffalo and my 2 seats 9 rows up in the end zone cost me $1200 a year (American) it works out to about 45 a game...
    Just questioning the math here: 8 games, 2 tickets, $1,200. Works out to $75 US per ticket by my calc.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    To be fair, the Bills are one of the cheapest tickets in the NFL and is why Ralph Wilson jumped at the Rogers deal to move some home games, pre-season and one regular season to Toronto. He saw a great oppurtunity when he noticed how willing Rogers was to overpay and host those games.

There maybe 25,000 empty seats in December if the Bills are out of it and fans don't want to spend an afternoon in the cold to watch a shite team, but they do have a record 67,000 season tickets sold this year. Even though that number is helped because of the cheaper ticket prices, it's still very impressive and I say this not as a Bills fans, but as a football fan that happens to have Buffalo as it's nearest NFL operation. I remember the 2-14 Kaye Stephenson (remember his coaching Sacramento in the CFL) years in the mid 80's when there were 50,000 empty seats in Buffalo for December home games. We just got highlights because they never sold out in those days and the almighty NFL would never want to televise a game with that many empty seats, unless it's only in the visiting team's local market. Even then the camera shots must have been very tight throughout the game with no wide shots of the stadium.
    When we asked about his statement of $500 being the average price for a NFL ticket he used New York and Dallas as examples. So we asked what the pricing was for lower end teams since he was using higher end teams.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Just questioning the math here: 8 games, 2 tickets, $1,200. Works out to $75 US per ticket by my calc.
    I think that you missed this part of his post:

"Sorry the above $1200 is also including my rv camping spot for the season."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post

I think that you missed this part of his post:

"Sorry the above $1200 is also including my rv camping spot for the season."
    Yeah, i did. Thanks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Because I am a huge fan of the Argos and enjoy watching the CFL? You guys don't actually think the CFL is on the same level as the NFL do you?

CFL = ground beef NFL = prime rib

I still love a good hamburger though but it's not prime rib.

You have to be realistic with what you expect.. the Jays are not going to change there playoff schedule to accommodate the Argos, it's just not going to happen... It would be like asking the Leafs to play a playoff game (in the distant future lol) in Ottawa because the Marlies want to play a game at the ACC. They are not as big of a draw, it's not happening.. they don't compete in the same business level. At 9 games a year the Argos would pay $675,000 in rent for the rogers center.. that's nothing compared to the blue jays.

I dont know I'm a giants fan...

I just went to the cowboys site and to buy a front row seat for the game against the falcons:
    Section C110, Row 1, Seat 15 (of 14 - 15) Details
    US $2,029.57 per Ticket

I couldn't afford that so I went to the upper deck, last row and found this:
    Section 415, Row 29, Seat 17 (of 17 - 20)
    Details
    US $216.72 per Ticket

The point is that the argos are simply not a big enough draw for Rogers to actually care... Do you think if the Argos are pulling in $12 million dollars off the gate that Rogers wouldn't come up with a way to make the Oct games happen? I bet they could get the field switched over quick enough then.. They said that NO games will happen while the Blue Jays are in the playoffs because they don't have time to switch the field over. Even if they don't play that day, they just can't be bothered to get enough people in there and make the switch happen.

The CFL in the Toronto sports landscape is just not very important or profitable, it's something that I as a fan came to accept.
    I've been a Rider season ticket holder off and on for 30 years (I worked shift work for 7 years in the late 90's and early 2000's so I had to resort to flex packs). I agree that there is a slight drop off between the CFL and NFL but not like you're suggesting. It's more like: CFL= a juicy TBone.
    NFL= Prime Rib.
    My suggestion to many of Toronto's "elitist football fan mentality" that dismiss a TBone in favour of Prime Rib, I'd say, "So what?" why can't both be enjoyed?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    I've been a Rider season ticket holder off and on for 30 years (I worked shift work for 7 years in the late 90's and early 2000's so I had to resort to flex packs). I agree that there is a slight drop off between the CFL and NFL but not like you're suggesting. It's more like: CFL= a juicy TBone.
    NFL= Prime Rib.
    My suggestion to many of Toronto's "elitist football fan mentality" that dismiss a TBone in favour of Prime Rib, I'd say, "So what?" why can't both be enjoyed?
    I do enjoy both leagues, but also feel offended when the CFL is referred to as 2nd rate as I'm sure most of the passionate fans on CFL boards do. To go on a fan site and refer to what they love as 2nd rate, is insulting.

As we know, when T-Bone first starting posting here, I had my issues with his TFC love in (which I fully admit going way overboard). Having said that, I did that on an Argos fan site. I wouldn't thinik of going on any of the TFC fan sites and talking down on their league and team. IMO, that would be trolling.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    NFL= Prime Rib.
    you are talking about the on field product, I am talking about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's not even close! And that's why the Argos do not matter. I'm not saying I like it.. i'm saying that's the way that it is. If it was an NFL team in Toronto sharing the dome with the blue jays, they wouldn't be moving the game. End of discussion.

I do enjoy both leagues, but also feel offended when the CFL is referred to as 2nd rate as I'm sure most of the passionate fans on CFL boards do. To go on a fan site and refer to what they love as 2nd rate, is insulting.

As we know, when T-Bone first starting posting here, I had my issues with his TFC love in (which I fully admit going way overboard). Having said that, I did that on an Argos fan site. I wouldn't thinik of going on any of the TFC fan sites and talking down on their league and team. IMO, that would be trolling.
    It is second rate compared to the NFL

Every single player in the CFL would go play in the NFL if offered a starting job.. every single one.

It does not make the CFL any less exiciting to watch, I still love my Argos and go to several games a year. But you guys are acting like they should be given special treatment and it's just not going to happen. Most NFL teams would more profit on a preseason game then a CFL team would for an entire season!

We need to be realistic as fans as to what we can expect from the Argos. The fact is that Rogers can't be bothered with the Argos because they are a second rate sport. If they wanted to make the game happen in Toronto they would but the rent just isn't enough to be bothered with.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Mike Ganter wrote a fine article regarding the current Skydome lack of availability issue. Sorry to all the Frank Z guys out there, but it sure is refreshing to read a sun article on the Argos without a bunch of cliches and that isn't written with the intention of explaining the game to 1st graders.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/21...game-to-ottawa

It is second rate compared to the NFL

Every single player in the CFL would go play in the NFL if offered a starting job.. every single one.

It does not make the CFL any less exiciting to watch, I still love my Argos and go to several games a year. But you guys are acting like they should be given special treatment and it's just not going to happen. Most NFL teams would more profit on a preseason game then a CFL team would for an entire season!

We need to be realistic as fans as to what we can expect from the Argos. The fact is that Rogers can't be bothered with the Argos because they are a second rate sport. If they wanted to make the game happen in Toronto they would but the rent just isn't enough to be bothered with.
    Well thank you for at least proving what I have been saying about wannabe "Major League" Torontonians for years. Most have no knowledge about football, but automatically look at the salary structure and deem the CFL as minor league.

Of course every football player financially would prefer to play in the NFL, but does that mean that CFL players aren't good enough? I don't think so. Pretty much every player that has played in both leagues says the talent level is comparable, but a lot of players may not get an NFL look because they played at a small school in college, or may be an inch short or run 5/100 of a second less in the 40. Many NFL first round picks turn out to be huge busts. So that tells you right there that the evaluators aren't always bang on.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    OK, so you are just trolling.

If you go to the link below, you can get a bus package to that specific game in lower bowl premium seating for $249. And that includes a pre-game all you can eat and drink tailgate. That's a far cry from the $400 you say a ticket costs. Do you have any more BS you want to spread?

http://www.elitesportstours.ca/index...ills-bus-tours
    That's $330 cdn... not that far off. Tickets for the bills vs giants game are going for over 1400 on resale.. and if y ou go to ticketmaster they list tickets close to 400, I believe the top ticket price was $365. Regardless the point is that the CFL cannot compare to the NFL. If it was an NFL game they would find a way to make it work, it's a CFL game and they don't care because no money to be made.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's $330 cdn... not that far off. Tickets for the bills vs giants game are going for over 1400 on resale.. and if y ou go to ticketmaster they list tickets close to 400, I believe the top ticket price was $365. Regardless the point is that the CFL cannot compare to the NFL. If it was an NFL game they would find a way to make it work, it's a CFL game and they don't care because no money to be made.
    First of all, the cost is in $CDN, and that includes 2 way transportation and all you can eat and drink. That has to be worth half the charging price right there.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The NFL and CFL are very different games. Talent wise there are players who could play in both leagues and ones suited for one or the other. I personally think that the CFL GAME and it's RULES are just way better. I hate so many NFL rules and I'm actually getting tuned out and off of the NFL and it's stupidity. Too much money, hype, criminals and the topper for me was this deflate gate TOTAL BS!!! Holy shite it's air in a ball, not dropping your wife with a punch, getting away with murder etc..etc.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Mike Ganter wrote a fine article regarding the current Skydome lack of availability issue. Sorry to all the Frank Z guys out there, but it sure is refreshing to read a sun article on the Argos without a bunch of cliches and that isn't written with the intention of explaining the game to 1st graders.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/21...game-to-ottawa

Well thank you for at least proving what I have been saying about wannabe "Major League" Torontonians for years. Most have no knowledge about football, but automatically look at the salary structure and deem the CFL as minor league.

Of course every football player financially would prefer to play in the NFL, but does that mean that CFL players aren't good enough? I don't think so. Pretty much every player that has played in both leagues says the talent level is comparable, but a lot of players may not get an NFL look because they played at a small school in college, or may be an inch short or run 5/100 of a second less in the 40. Many NFL first round picks turn out to be huge busts. So that tells you right there that the evaluators aren't always bang on.
    I have said several times I am not talking about the on field play or the players, I am talking about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ when I refer to the league as second rate. I said that right from the begining in my first post on this topic, you seem to keep glossing over that. The reason the game is being moved is that NOBODY CARES about the Argos. They don't have the fan support and revenue to compare with the big leagues, no team in the CFL does... not even the Riders. The money is just not there.

The argos and CFL will always be treated as a second rate team, they are never going to get priority over the bigger name sports. Accept it....

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    The NFL and CFL are very different games. Talent wise there are players who could play in both leagues and ones suited for one or the other. I personally think that the CFL GAME and it's RULES are just way better. I hate so many NFL rules and I'm actually getting tuned out and off of the NFL and it's stupidity. Too much money, hype, criminals and the topper for me was this deflate gate TOTAL BS!!! Holy shite it's air in a ball, not dropping your wife with a punch, getting away with murder etc..etc.
    I'd agree with pretty much all of that... but it also has nothing to do with my point about when it comes to the financial juggernaut NFL the CFL is a second rate league! The low priced tickets and half empty stadium Bills just sold for what 1400 million dollars? what did the Argos sell for? lol.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    NFL is a financial juggernaut but I'd rather follow the argonauts. haha. Bad I know!

Some might see things that way but I've never thought that dollar value meant better. Money doesn't impress me. At this point thanks to Braley The Argonauts look like forth rate. However that is mismanagement or not giving a crap more then anything. The CFL at one point was the place where players came to make more money. Those days are way back when and will never be seen again.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    NFL is a financial juggernaut but I'd rather follow the argonauts. haha. Bad I know!

Some might see things that way but I've never thought that dollar value meant better. Money doesn't impress me. At this point thanks to Braley The Argonauts look like forth rate. However that is mismanagement or not giving a crap more then anything. The CFL at one point was the place where players came to make more money. Those days are way back when and will never be seen again.
    I follow CFL more as well. I'm not saying the NFL is a better game, I am just saying the CFL is never going to get the same treatment as the NFL. As CFL fans we should be able to accept that.

I bet if Braley said hey Rogers, here's 5 million dollars to cover the costs of switching the fields over.. lets make t his happen in time.. it would happen.

instead he went to ottawa because thats the only chance he had at not losing money. Does not make him a bad guy, it's just business to him.