Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Equal tennants, stadium owned by city and not TFC as much as there moronic fans like to think it is, they don't own the stadium.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for posting that and it's exactly what I thought would be the case. The rose coloured glasses will hit the ground and get crushed the first time the Argos get screwed over at BMO. It's just a matter on time. TFC will have to make the playoffs at some point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Bill Manning doesn't own the stadium as doesn't T-Bone and Arash Madani. THE CITY DOES.

2nd of all, a field conversion could happen in less than 24 hours. MLS playoffs don't have games just played on sunday, they can play on Saturday as well as weekdays as the MLS schedules many weekday games. CFL has playoff games on Sunday....Do you actually think they're going to move a Grey Cup game becuase of an MLS playoff game that will barely register 100,000 viewers across Canada. That would not be too smart for the economy of the city.

Arash Madani, as much as he may be a football fan, is still stirring the shit for his parent company...Rogers, and quite frankly T-Bone is also for even posting that quote which is not coming from the proprietor of the stadium (the city) but from TFC's President...What would you really expect him to say?

Beleive me, when MLSE, who manages the stadium sees how much more money they'll make hosting an Argos game than a TFC game, they'll be quickly changing their tune as to who's under who in terms of importance. I'll bet the Argo crowd beats a TFC crowd in concession sales and probably in per game attendance numbers by the end of next year.

Kurtis Larrson could then shove his Argo hating columns up his you know what.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

All of a sudden TFC is going to join Serie A in the Italy, or La Liga in Spain and claim that Sunday is their home day...please. They would be a-holes if they did that, as they've always played a majority of their weekend dates on Saturdays like the English Premier League does.

What the hell is the MLS doing even playing their playoffs in November, not even the NASL was dumb enough to do that. Many MLS stadiums like Columbus, New England, New York, Philly and Toronto could have frozen fields and unlike football, soccer matches usually get post-poned at even the very hint of frost.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Bill Manning doesn't own the stadium as doesn't T-Bone and Arash Madani. THE CITY DOES.

2nd of all, a field conversion could happen in less than 24 hours. MLS playoffs don't have games just played on sunday, they can play on Saturday as well as weekdays as the MLS schedules many weekday games. CFL has playoff games on Sunday....Do you actually think they're going to move a Grey Cup game becuase of an MLS playoff game that will barely register 100,000 viewers across Canada. That would not be too smart for the economy of the city.

Arash Madani, as much as he may be a football fan, is still stirring the shit for his parent company...Rogers, and quite frankly T-Bone is also for even posting that quote which is not coming from the proprietor of the stadium (the city) but from TFC's President...What would you really expect him to say?

Beleive me, when MLSE, who manages the stadium sees how much more money they'll make hosting an Argos game than a TFC game, they'll be quickly changing their tune as to who's under who in terms of importance. I'll bet the Argo crowd beats a TFC crowd in concession sales and probably in attendance numbers by the end of next year.

Kurtis Larrson could then shove his Argo hating columns up his you know what.
    I never claimed to own the stadium, I don't think Bill Manning claimed he owns the stadium and like you said MLSE doesn't own the stadium. MLSE does have a management deal with the city that gives them control over events that happen at BMO Field though. We also don't know at this time what the conversion time will be. With that said, I don't think there should be scheduling issues between the two teams.

All of a sudden TFC is going to join Serie A in the Italy, or La Liga in Spain and claim that Sunday is their home day...please. They would be a-holes if they did that, as they've always played a majority of their weekend dates on Saturdays like the English Premier League does.

What the hell is the MLS doing even playing their playoffs in November, not even the NASL was dumb enough to do that. Many MLS stadiums like Columbus, New England, New York, Philly and Toronto could have frozen fields and unlike football, soccer matches usually get post-poned at even the very hint of frost.
    BMO Field has a heating system underneath the grass so the field shouldn't freeze.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

I don't see an issue. TFC likes to play their home games on Saturdays, and I'm sure they will have no issue scheduling a home playoff game that way. It's just Trash Madani stirring the crap again.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't see an issue. TFC likes to play their home games on Saturdays, and I'm sure they will have no issue scheduling a home playoff game that way. It's just Trash Madani stirring the crap again.
    Exactly. This is a non-issue.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

What would the TFC president be expected to say?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    part of Arash Madani's job is just to stir up shit and follow the rogers party line. find a tweet he rips on the blue jays or the rogers cup (tennis) - impossible I'd suspect. Just take him for what he is, a columnist / opinion writer pumping the Rogers company line. Then he just becomes amusing, which I assumed was his intention?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    What would the TFC president be expected to say?
    He said nothing new but something Gill The Thrill didn't appear to know. TFC are the primary tenant at BMO Field. Liked I said before:

With that said, I don't think there should be scheduling issues between the two teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I remember reading somewhere that TFC priority date selection is only for the regular season, Although I can't recall where I read it from. Honestly, I'm not worried, even if TFC makes it far into the playoffs next season, there's no way the Grey Cup or even CFL home playoff dates get moved, they're locked in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that TFC priority date selection is only for the regular season, Although I can't recall where I read it from. Honestly, I'm not worried, even if TFC makes it far into the playoffs next season, there's no way the Grey Cup or even CFL home playoff dates get moved, they're locked in.
    Thank you, hope Grand Poobah T-bone gave you permission to post that. Sometimes I wonder if he runs this site to get Argo fans pissed off. Also notice that he'll reprimand posters for going off- topic, yet he always takes threads off topic by stinkingly bringing up TFC, whom he just defends at all costs.

Hope, he enjoyed the TFC game last night. The newly built stands on the east side looked mostly empty once again. Wonder if Argohater Kurtis Larson will bring that up in his game summary in the Sun. Maybe he didn't notice as he was celebrating the Jays win.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 10-15-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I remember back at Exhibition Stadium when the Argos, Jays, and Blizzard all played there and had overlapping seasons. It's funny how we now use the words "primary tenant" and having "priority" over scheduling when I never heard those words back in those days. The three teams managed to cooperate and everyone had a schedule that they were happy with. It was only upon the move to SkyDome that we started hearing about the Jays being the "primary tenant".

I will be very surprised if there are any scheduling issues at BMO Field with TFC's and the Argos' seasons being what they are.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I will be very surprised if there are any scheduling issues at BMO Field with TFC's and the Argos' seasons being what they are.
    If there are, I bet I know which team gets screwed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    If there are, I bet I know which team gets screwed.
    If money talks and you know what walks, then it's the team that has less tv ratings which results in less advertising ratings, and the team that's probably not on the main network being TSN or Sportsnet. You could look at those results for yourselves. You already know my opinion about which team I think will generate more revenue through in-game attendance next season which is the only thing the Argos may trail in now because of their situation at Rogers. Comparing everything else and it's no contest which is why Association fans felt very threatened with the possibility of the Argos moving into BMO. They'll be enough dates for all, and the field will hold up as the Argos will be practicing at their Downsview facility for the most par, if not all the time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You already know my opinion about which team I think will generate more revenue through in-game attendance next season which is the only thing the Argos may trail in now because of their situation at Rogers. Comparing everything else and it's no contest which is why Association fans felt very threatened with the possibility of the Argos moving into BMO.
    As much as I hope I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure the Argos are also way behind TFC in terms of merchandise sales. Hopefully an actual marketing plan (such as actually supplying retailers with merchandise) can help bring the Argos up there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thank you, hope Grand Poobah T-bone gave you permission to post that. Sometimes I wonder if he runs this site to get Argo fans pissed off. Also notice that he'll reprimand posters for going off- topic, yet he always takes threads off topic by stinkingly bringing up TFC, whom he just defends at all costs.

Hope, he enjoyed the TFC game last night. The newly built stands on the east side looked mostly empty once again. Wonder if Argohater Kurtis Larson will bring that up in his game summary in the Sun. Maybe he didn't notice as he was celebrating the Jays win.
    Well, your not helping the situation with your constant negative attitude towards TFC. Can't blame someone for sticking up for their team. We all do it for the Argos. As another poster mentioned in another thread, Argos fans aren't doing any greater good by hating on all other Toronto teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    As much as I hope I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure the Argos are also way behind TFC in terms of merchandise sales. Hopefully an actual marketing plan (such as actually supplying retailers with merchandise) can help bring the Argos up there.
    Travel on the Go train when the Argos and TFC play on the same day, I am in the minority with my Argo gear TFC gear everywhere.
    Hopefully moving forward this will change.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    As another poster mentioned in another thread, Argos fans aren't doing any greater good by hating on all other Toronto teams.
    Yeah, but that was Ron. He likes to take the George Costanza opposite view more often than not.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Really as an Argo fan I don't give a SHIT what other TO sports fans think of my comments.The haters of the CFL and Argos are lost causes. My dislike of yappy hater TFC fans solves squat and doesn't matter. I'll never go to watch TFC and those fans won't show up to an Argo game. I won't go out of my way to disrespect anyone until they do it first. Then it's on, full out HAAAAATE. Hates a strong word and it's hate.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Travel on the Go train when the Argos and TFC play on the same day, I am in the minority with my Argo gear TFC gear everywhere.
    Hopefully moving forward this will change.
    We'll never know because the Argos will not be playing on the same day as Toronto FC after this season.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022