Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    We'll never know because the Argos will not be playing on the same day as Toronto FC after this season.
    No kidding but they have in the past, no contest the train was a sea of red.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't see an issue. TFC likes to play their home games on Saturdays, and I'm sure they will have no issue scheduling a home playoff game that way. It's just Trash Madani stirring the crap again.
    Exactly. It really is a none issue. Unlike baseball, where games are played almost everyday, soccer is once a week, and it really doesn't matter who wants to show they've got the biggest dick, the games will work themselves out. This nonsense ends at the end of this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Travel on the Go train when the Argos and TFC play on the same day, I am in the minority with my Argo gear TFC gear everywhere.
    Hopefully moving forward this will change.
    Must be a lot of people wearing TFC gear who aren't going to the game based on their attendance results or that all their fans live along the Lakeshore GO Line, and hate is a strong word, but if that's what you want to use, then fine.

I like soccer, but not as much as football, and I've only slagged TFC because of their moronic fans who think they were entitled to own the stadium and have bad-mouthed the Argos, the CFL and all it's fans....well guess what? I'm an Argos fan, and probably a bigger CFL fan and a fan of the sport of Canadian Football more than just an Argo fan, so you bet I'll take offense. I've spoken with some TFC fans, including one at an Argo game at the dome earlier this year and asked him what the score of the game was. You could like whatever and how many teams you want in any market, but when I hear a specific fan base criticizing an organization, league and sport that I grew up watching, why I would I want to sit with them, and be part of their group or support their team? God knows they want nothing to do with supporting a team I support.

I've even starting feeling this way about the Blue Jays over the last few weeks because of the way their ownership has treated the Argos and I have Blue Jays gear...which I might consider getting rid of because I'm not one who likes to be even mistaken for a bandwagon jumper. I went to Jay games before the bandwagon hoppers started going after the Tulo and Price trades.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Well, your not helping the situation with your constant negative attitude towards TFC. Can't blame someone for sticking up for their team. We all do it for the Argos. As another poster mentioned in another thread, Argos fans aren't doing any greater good by hating on all other Toronto teams.
    But I suppose Kurtis Larson, TFC's beat writer for the Sun is a great help to the sports zen and harmony among Toronto's pro sports team with his Argo insults on his paper. This from the newspaper that is considered the best sports paper in town. Are you saying I have as much impact to affect perception about the Argos from what I post here compared to Larson and his continuous negative insults regarding the team and it's attendance...give your head a shake bud.

Just curious if anyone on TFC's fansite reminds their supporters when the next Argo game is and talks about the Argos as much as they do TFC. I don't know as I don't visit their fan messageboards, but I'm just wondering.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Just curious if anyone on TFC's fansite reminds their supporters when the next Argo game is and talks about the Argos as much as they do TFC. I don't know as I don't visit their fan messageboards, but I'm just wondering.
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...80#post1767680

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Don't want to login, but I'm checking out the Grey Cup at BMO feild thread on red patch and am amused as they have as many paranoid fans as we do on this site. I figure you would be the guy who would post Argo stuff on their site even though I can't find it.

Don't know how you do it? I guess you followed TFC from Day 1, I tried but it just doesn't come naturally to me as I have no affinity to the league, its players or history. Was turned off by the "No Argos at BMO" publicity and have some mild interest only because of Giovinco as I've told you before, otherwise I'd have no interest.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Must be a lot of people wearing TFC gear who aren't going to the game based on their attendance results or that all their fans live along the Lakeshore GO Line, and hate is a strong word, but if that's what you want to use, then fine.

I like soccer, but not as much as football, and I've only slagged TFC because of their moronic fans who think they were entitled to own the stadium and have bad-mouthed the Argos, the CFL and all it's fans....well guess what? I'm an Argos fan, and probably a bigger CFL fan and a fan of the sport of Canadian Football more than just an Argo fan, so you bet I'll take offense. I've spoken with some TFC fans, including one at an Argo game at the dome earlier this year and asked him what the score of the game was. You could like whatever and how many teams you want in any market, but when I hear a specific fan base criticizing an organization, league and sport that I grew up watching, why I would I want to sit with them, and be part of their group or support their team? God knows they want nothing to do with supporting a team I support.

I've even starting feeling this way about the Blue Jays over the last few weeks because of the way their ownership has treated the Argos and I have Blue Jays gear...which I might consider getting rid of because I'm not one who likes to be even mistaken for a bandwagon jumper. I went to Jay games before the bandwagon hoppers started going after the Tulo and Price trades.

But I suppose Kurtis Larson, TFC's beat writer for the Sun is a great help to the sports zen and harmony among Toronto's pro sports team with his Argo insults on his paper. This from the newspaper that is considered the best sports paper in town. Are you saying I have as much impact to affect perception about the Argos from what I post here compared to Larson and his continuous negative insults regarding the team and it's attendance...give your head a shake bud.

Wow your fired up!!
    Simple observation from last season heading to an Argo game on the Go Train while TFC fans were also going to their game at BMO. Hardly any Argonaut colours but tons of TFC red, sorry if that angers you but so be it.
    You referenced the word hate in your response to my post not really sure what you are trying to get at but ok.
    The Argonauts are the team I follow closely but I have enjoyed the Blue Jays recent run in the playoffs if that makes me a "bandwagon jumper" then that's ok as well (whatever label makes you feel good have at it).
    I really don't pay any attention to other teams message boards and could care less what they say, I can only control where my own loyalties and dollars go.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Wow your fired up!!
    Simple observation from last season heading to an Argo game on the Go Train while TFC fans were also going to their game at BMO. Hardly any Argonaut colours but tons of TFC red, sorry if that angers you but so be it.
    You referenced the word hate in your response to my post not really sure what you are trying to get at but ok.
    The Argonauts are the team I follow closely but I have enjoyed the Blue Jays recent run in the playoffs if that makes me a "bandwagon jumper" then that's ok as well (whatever label makes you feel good have at it).
    I really don't pay any attention to other teams message boards and could care less what they say, I can only control where my own loyalties and dollars go.
    All very fair comments.

I have pointed out the amount of other Toronto team swag (as well as NFL swag) on here from time to time, and get excuses back as to why. I have no problem with someone liking the Blue Jays. In your case, you are an Argos fan as well, so I don't get as mad when that is the case. I have my issues with Blue Jays fans that laugh at me and the rest of the Argos fans for supporting what they see as minor league. You have no idea how many times I hear that.

That being said, I do hope the Jays lose every game, just so that the Argos can get a little media attention in the city that the play in.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    All very fair comments.

I have pointed out the amount of other Toronto team swag (as well as NFL swag) on here from time to time, and get excuses back as to why. I have no problem with someone liking the Blue Jays. In your case, you are an Argos fan as well, so I don't get as mad when that is the case. I have my issues with Blue Jays fans that laugh at me and the rest of the Argos fans for supporting what they see as minor league. You have no idea how many times I hear that.

That being said, I do hope the Jays lose every game, just so that the Argos can get a little media attention in the city that the play in.
    That's fair Angelo, my Jays loyalties go back to my childhood, I haven't followed them for over 20 years but have enjoyed the recent run, however I have no emotional attachment to the Jays, if they lose this series it won't bother me either way, the Argonauts however are a different story my wife laughs at my antics and tirades during Argonaut games, when they win I feel great for the week, unfortunately this week not so much ( coupled with Hamilton's win).
    Rogers have used and abused the Argonauts over the years (and particularly this season) which is shameful IMO.
    One thing we shouldn't forget regarding the Jays is earlier this season they were drawing flies at the Skydome, a crazy second half of the season changed all of that, if their performance dips next season (which is quite possible) they could be in that situation again.
    My feeling regarding Rogers remain the same "what goes around comes around".
    I have many customized jerseys and Argo swag that I wear when I run, always try in my own way to fly the Argonaut flag.
    I really believe heading into next season that the new ownership group will market the crap out of this team and make our team a presence on the sporting scene in Ontario again.
    I have no issue with you wanting the Jays to lose, that's your choice and I respect that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I have my issues with Blue Jays fans that laugh at me and the rest of the Argos fans for supporting what they see as minor league. You have no idea how many times I hear that.
    AV, it is tough and tedious to contend with malevolent ignorance. The idiot never tires of trying to become an even bigger idiot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Well, your not helping the situation with your constant negative attitude towards TFC. Can't blame someone for sticking up for their team. We all do it for the Argos. As another poster mentioned in another thread, Argos fans aren't doing any greater good by hating on all other Toronto teams.
    Lets remember who's forum we are on

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Nothing will change, this year anyways.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well as Montreal kicks our sorry asses the disadvantage is now showing it's ugly face in a huge way. The team has folded. There is zero in the tank no doubt due to the circumstances of this screwed year. The guys look mentally done. I just can't wait to hear the comments from the typical Toronto Moron Media.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Well as Montreal kicks our sorry asses the disadvantage is now showing it's ugly face in a huge way. The team has folded. There is zero in the tank no doubt due to the circumstances of this screwed year. The guys look mentally done. I just can't wait to hear the comments from the typical Toronto Moron Media.
    Not playing at home is bad enough but having to play at the home of their bitter rivals hasn't helped IMO.
    Very disheartening.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hopefully we'll get to play our last 2 games at home.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Hopefully we'll get to play our last 2 games at home.
    And we do!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I hear you! There's only so much a team can take!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    There is no reason for me to think we won't be playing in the Dome on Friday, but after what we have gone through over the last few weeks I take nothing for granted.

After two games in Hamilton, I am curious to know why the fans were grouped in the East stands? I understand the economies of scale on the grouping, but the East stands?

Originally, I assumed that the TSN cameras were setup such to give the appearance of a larger crowd, but that wasn't the case. In a weird way, the camera setups were so that it appeared that the stadium was empty of fans? So that wasn't the case.

We were so far from the Argos and Als benches that we were entirely disconnected from the home and visiting teams. So much so, that we didn't hear of the fighting until we go home. Also, I am sure the team didn't feel the fans presence in the least. Not good.

We noted that the corporate boxes on the West side and fans in the 2nd level were there as well.

Does anyone know the reason why the East stands were chosen over the West stands? Did the Argos or CFL make this dumb decision?