Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Love how the Argos sealed it with a sack of Burris.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Much needed win tonight, defense played really well maybe the best since the opening game in Fort Mac.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I was highly impressed by National Thomas Miles tonight playing his first game, making several timely tackles and an important knockdown like a cagey veteran.
    Last edited by jerrym; 09-26-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    This result will make our trip to Ottawa October 6th very interesting!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    As I expected, the Argos responded with one of their best games of the season. Defence played very well tonight too. As I thought they would, the Argos used the bye week productively. This is a very well-coached football club as they showed again tonight.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    I see the stats had Trevor passing for 282 yards, with surprisingly Burris for 313.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I've argued for quite a while that Milanovich had to send a message about team discipline and I think it showed tonight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Best game since Week 1 (when, coincidentally, we wore the same unis -- can we please make these our regular road AND home unis? Altho I noticed that the light blue on the helmets -- logo and centre stripe -- is a much different shade than the Cambridge Blue piping on the jerseys and pants).

Great game for the LBs, especially Miles and Jones. I had suggested a few weeks ago they should play Miles at MLB and move Jones to Greenwood's spot -- instead they put Miles in at WILL and he did a superb job. Jones was also really strong all night and Matt Black was a lot better than Agnew at SAM.

The two new kickers were both outstanding. Michael had huge hang time on his punts and got one kickoff down to the three. Justin made every kick including the 50-yarder (!) that made an Ottawa comeback almost impossible.

Good push from the d-line most of the night, and especially in the clutch. O-line was its usual inconsistent self, especially Van Zeyl who is really struggling this year. But they did open some nice holes for Whitaker, who played every series and consequently seemed to get into a rhythm. The receivers dropped at least three catchable passes but also made some nice snags in traffic. I agree Spencer needs to stay in the lineup -- he has a fantastic burst of speed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Miles is starting at WILL instead of Yurichuk? I will pay closer attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    ...............If the Argos can stay focused, this should be their game.
    Miles has a big stop on second and short to stop Ottawa.
    I was highly impressed by National Thomas Miles tonight playing his first game, making several timely tackles and an important knockdown like a cage veteran.
    Yes, focus from the start and keeping that focus for most of the game helped get the win.
    Great to see Miles have a good game in his first start!
    I don't know if Hazelton will be out for good, but Spencer is definitely an asset to keep on the game day roster.

I loved how the offense stayed on the field in the first half ...... That was our biggest Defense .......keep Hank off the field .

Let's hope that the rest for the Argos will be an asset as they plan a second way to defeat the redblacks

Totally giddy for the win!😎👍😄

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With the injury to Collaros, I think the Argos have a fairly good shot at first and even playing in the Grey Cup game. We also have something no other team has. If Harris is injured, we have Ray as backup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Elliott took *two* unnecessary roughness penalties on that play?!
    Based on the replay, I'm not sure I saw cause for one.

We finally had a good start. Then we wobbled a bit after halftime before finishing strong. All in all a very good effort in a hostile environment.

Great job by the linebackers limiting their run game and supporting the pass defence. Nice to see the underrated Greg Jones seal the deal with an interception.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Best game since Week 1 (when, coincidentally, we wore the same unis -- can we please make these our regular road AND home unis? Altho I noticed that the light blue on the helmets -- logo and centre stripe -- is a much different shade than the Cambridge Blue piping on the jerseys and pants).
    We actually wore our blue jerseys in week 1 and the all whites with white helmet on the road in Regina in week 2. But hey, still 2-0 in them so I think you make a strong case!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    A well rested Argo team should be in position to win in Ottawa in 10 days time while the RedBlacks should be exhausted. Odd to see this team lead from start to finish. Burris sure comes off as a crybaby when his team is losing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Not sure what is happening there. The Cambridge blue stripes on the Oxford blue unis seems to be the same, more intense blue that we see on the white helmets. All the blues seem to be consistent other than the Cambridge Blue stripes on the white pants and sweaters. They look fine but once you've noticed the difference, your eye always notices it.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    We actually wore our blue jerseys in week 1 and the all whites with white helmet on the road in Regina in week 2. But hey, still 2-0 in them so I think you make a strong case!
    Right, good catch. It is our best look, IMO. I normally hate the no-contrast look (white pants/jerseys or dark p/j) but there is something about this look that has really grown on me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    Not sure what is happening there. The Cambridge blue stripes on the Oxford blue unis seems to be the same, more intense blue that we see on the white helmets. All the blues seem to be consistent other than the Cambridge Blue stripes on the white pants and sweaters. They look fine but once you've noticed the difference, your eye always notices it.
    I guess I'd want to see the home jersey and pants side by side with road jersey and pants to see if the Cambridge matches or doesn't. The Argos made a point of saying they had gone to the actual pantone for the colours when this uni was introduced, and I was initially surprised by how grey-ish the Cambridge looked compared to the various shades of light blue that had appeared over the years. Regardless, it is terribly wrong to have tones that don't match within the same uni.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    I guess I'd want to see the home jersey and pants side by side with road jersey and pants to see if the Cambridge matches or doesn't. The Argos made a point of saying they had gone to the actual pantone for the colours when this uni was introduced, and I was initially surprised by how grey-ish the Cambridge looked compared to the various shades of light blue that had appeared over the years. Regardless, it is terribly wrong to have tones that don't match within the same uni.
    From what I remember, I believe that all the Cambridge blues from last year were the same although I have no idea if they match the Pantone number that was touted to be the new standard. The Cambridge blues on the 'A Team' unis all seem to match the helmet Cambridge, although sometimes the small on-shoulder numbers appear 'washed out", which could be a color fading problem or merely the contrast to the black edge piping. That shade of blue is very difficult to ensure it is color-fast on fabrics ( so I am told).
    The Cambridge blue on the white unis seems to have been very pale from the beginning. Perhaps the sweater/pants supplier messed up, and when the Argos received them, Braley said "Don't send them back. Negotiate a discount."
    One oar still in the water !

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Firstly I'm with Paul and I just hope the new jersey's and helmets next season are BANG ON colour wise. It can't be that difficult. Unlike any other team our team is based on Cambridge and Oxford blues. Tradition you jersey designers!!!!!! All they have to do is check the colours of those two universities.

Thrilled that we won and they did indeed make changes need. Miles looked great. Elliott still has to chill and give the refs no need to even consider tossing flags.

Owens return was SWEEET indeed. He still has it.

Just when I think this team is DONE we pop back with a solid win.

Great how the Palardy twins played. Just another funny type story to add into the long history of this team. I hadn't heard about Justin until they started talking about and showing him on the sidelines. When they first signed Michael I thought it was Justin. Now we have both. Justin is coaching kids football a few days back and then nailing a 50 yarder.
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 09-27-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Great bounce-back game from the Argos. It puts them back in the conversation in the east.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The next week and a half will be very interesting in the CFL East. After all is said and done, might we see a three-way tie for first place with the Als only a couple of games behind?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force