Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree with most of the comments. The two kickers aren't Waters but they get the job done. I would hope Waters can be back for the playoff run, but going forward Barker needs to bring in someone who doesn't get injured just kicking the ball.

Difficult to find one who is good at both though isn't it. Pre was a great punter who developed into "an ok" place kicker. Medlock was a great place kicker but average Punter for the Argos. Waters has the ability to be good at all three phases, but those recurring groin injuries are a concern. Very difficult anymore to find a Canadian kicker with Waters ability, and if there is any the NFL grabs them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I agree with most of the comments. The two kickers aren't Waters but they get the job done. I would hope Waters can be back for the playoff run, but going forward Barker needs to bring in someone who doesn't get injured just kicking the ball.

Difficult to find one who is good at both though isn't it. Pre was a great punter who developed into "an ok" place kicker. Medlock was a great place kicker but average Punter for the Argos. Waters has the ability to be good at all three phases, but those recurring groin injuries are a concern. Very difficult anymore to find a Canadian kicker with Waters ability, and if there is any the NFL grabs them.
    Pfeffer had that potential, has Swayze's leg strength as well. Grant Shaw also has that potential and the leg to boot. Waters is a great punter there's not denying that, but there's a lot of CFL place kickers that are much better than he is.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun speculates that Lirim Hajrullahu could be done as a Bomber, as even punting duties have been taken away from him this week and will not dress. He had a great rookie season, I would love to see the Argos take a look at him in the off season.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/04...rim-hajrullahu
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Pfeffer had that potential, has Swayze's leg strength as well. Grant Shaw also has that potential and the leg to boot. Waters is a great punter there's not denying that, but there's a lot of CFL place kickers that are much better than he is.
    Funny, because Waters is a place kicker, with huge leg strength as his selling point. He had to learn to become a punter in the CFL.