Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The 46-20 BC-Riders score was actually flattering to the forlorn Riders as they scored a couple of late TDs. Jonathan Jennings was very impressive, passing on the run and in the pocket, going 19/25 for 364 yards, as well as running for 40 yards.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/jennings-l...in-over-riders

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Jennings talent and attributes were clearly evident (even playing against a bad D). It looks like BC has, or should have, a new starting QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Jennings talent and attributes were clearly evident (even playing against a bad D). It looks like BC has, or should have, a new starting QB.
    Not saying you're wrong, but many Argo fans thought the same thing in 1985 after Mike Hohensee led them to a lopsided victory over the Eskimos. And Lions fans had already annointed Tim Cowan as the next big thing when he had early success replacing an injured Roy Dewalt.

If Lulay comes back healthy, he has to have every opportunity to show weather or not he can regain his form. I think next year, his shoulder will be considerably better than it is this year.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, but many Argo fans thought the same thing in 1985 after Mike Hohensee led them to a lopsided victory over the Eskimos. And Lions fans had already annointed Tim Cowan as the next big thing when he had early success replacing an injured Roy Dewalt.

If Lulay comes back healthy, he has to have every opportunity to show weather or not he can regain his form. I think next year, his shoulder will be considerably better than it is this year.
    Please, please don't ever bring up the name Mike Hohensee again....did Tim Cowan not make his way to the Argos for a brief period as well?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I am definitely not anointing Jennings as a starter, much less a star, based on a performance against the sad-sack Roughriders. Ten weeks ago people were anointing Cato the next superstar, and six weeks ago it was Franklin as Edmonton's next Warren Moon. There should be a requirement that a QB put together at least half a dozen good games before being fitted for a superstar cape.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am definitely not anointing Jennings as a starter, much less a star, based on a performance against the sad-sack Roughriders. Ten weeks ago people were anointing Cato the next superstar, and six weeks ago it was Franklin as Edmonton's next Warren Moon. There should be a requirement that a QB put together at least half a dozen good games before being fitted for a superstar cape.
    All I said was that his performance in this one game was impressive and I even mentioned it was against the "forlorn" Riders. I am well aware of how many QBs over the decades have petered out after such one or more impressive starts or even seasons (a la Casey Printers).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    All I said was that his performance in this one game was impressive and I even mentioned it was against the "forlorn" Riders. I am well aware of how many QBs over the decades have petered out after such one or more impressive starts or even seasons (a la Casey Printers).
    I wasn't referring to your post.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I do like the way that Jennings plays. He actually reminds me a lot of Casey Printers back in '04 when he re-energized that Vancouver market. Last night was, far and away, the best that the Lions have looked offensively this season. I know that I am in the minority here but if Jennings plays as well next week against the Bombers, I would be tempted to stick with him as the starter even when Lulay is ready to play.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I do like the way that Jennings plays. He actually reminds me a lot of Casey Printers back in '04 when he re-energized that Vancouver market. Last night was, far and away, the best that the Lions have looked offensively this season. I know that I am in the minority here but if Jennings plays as well next week against the Bombers, I would be tempted to stick with him as the starter even when Lulay is ready to play.
    Exactly.