Final Score: 35-38
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-07-2015 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Post-Game Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    "The RedBlacks added four players -- linebackers Jonathan Beaulieu-Richard (Montreal) and Nick Rosamonda (North Greeville), wide receiver Reggie Dunn (Utah) and offensive lineman Simon Legare -- to their practice roster on Monday."
    Toronto Sun, 29 September 2015

In an effort to improve Special Teams, the RedBlacks have brought in some players. I note former Argos Nick Rosamonda LB. He can play!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    We should beat a tired Ottawa team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    "The RedBlacks added four players -- linebackers Jonathan Beaulieu-Richard (Montreal) and Nick Rosamonda (North Greeville), wide receiver Reggie Dunn (Utah) and offensive lineman Simon Legare -- to their practice roster on Monday."
    Toronto Sun, 29 September 2015

In an effort to improve Special Teams, the RedBlacks have brought in some players. I note former Argos Nick Rosamonda LB. He can play!
    Definitely can play, and is a beast on ST's. I think he was cut because he didn't seem to keen on backing up Greenwood this year, and voiced his displeasure.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    IIRC, Milanovich mentioned that he wasn't willing to do some things that we wanted him to do.

I do like our chances in this game with Ottawa having to go at it on Thursday.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    IIRC, Milanovich mentioned that he wasn't willing to do some things that we wanted him to do.

I do like our chances in this game with Ottawa having to go at it on Thursday.
    I recall Milanovich stating that exact same thing.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    This video is poorly edited, but Milanovich seems to be saying that Isaac(?) may be back this week and Isaiah(?!)(Green) has a shot to be back this week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It's good to see that Hazelton claims to have learned his lesson and hopefully it turns out to be true against Ottawa and into the future. I've argued for quite some time that the Argos needed to set this kind of example to get some onfield discipline.

The fact the Argos would escape Ottawa with a win softened the blow to Hazelton's pride, but he'll be back next Tuesday night when the Double Blue once again play the RedBlacks on the road, even though the visiting Argos will be officially cast as the home team.
    It's a joke how the Argos have been forced to endure such a brutal schedule, an embarrassment that calls into question so many issues, beginning, as it often does, with David Braley's one and only intent to minimize his losses -- but playing a divisional opponent for the second time on its home turf in what looms as yet another big game for the Argos is beyond comical.
    Such has been the team's lot this season as "home'' games in Hamilton now loom with the Jays set to play host to post-season baseball for the first time in 1993.
    Hazelton's lot took a turn when he was unable to channel his energy and emotions in a more positive way, his reputation taking a hit when the Argos essentially benched him.
    "It sucked," said Hazelton, neatly encapsulating his emotions when asked about his feelings following his benching.
    "I learned my lesson and hopefully it won't happen again."
    Hazelton plays on the edge, at times crossing the line by taking very foolish penalties when his emotions get the better of him.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/01...he-was-benched

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Harris is looking to dominate Ottawa. That's fine with me as long as he doesn't claim he will walk on water, a la Cahill, in doing so.

http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/117227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Winning two games back to back is tough against the same team, especially both games in their stadium which has never happened before.
    On top of which Henry is having a MOP season and is sizzling hot with a record 45 completions and almost unheard of 504 passing yards.
    Hopefully the quick turnover and a tired RB team will help us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hopefully Henry used up all of those completions the other night and plays awful against the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Hamilton loss to Calgary leaves the Argos one game behind Hamilton for first place, but the Argos have a game in hand, making the possibility of passing the Tiger Cats a little higher. A win against Ottawa would give them a tie in points with Hamilton. Nevertheless, the Argos would have to still win one more game than Hamilton to win first place as the Cats hold the series advantage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Burris setting a CFL record of 45 completions for 504 yards against Montreal this week, the Argo pass defence better be ready to perform at the same level it did in the last RedBlack game, or it could be a long game for the Argos.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/dominant-d...cks-topple-als

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Don't think Burris will have nearly as good a performance on Tuesday.

Montreal's D is pretty banged up. When Hefney went down early, it meant 3 prominent members of their starting secondary were out along with Jerald Brown and Mitchell White. Also missing their starting and 2nd string middle linebackers Woods and Elsworth. That team is in serious trouble...even with the Henoc Muamba signing.

Also think the revolving door at coach is starting to affect them. Popp constantly coming back is likely wearing thin on the team. I'm sure that letting go Higgins, being a players coach, also had a negative affect.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Team looked very strong in practise today. I think Spencer and Hazelton will dress. Trevor H looked very good as well! I expect the O-Line to play well on both the run and pass.

image.jpg

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    This article discusses how important this game is to the Argos and the fact that it is now Harris's, not Ricky Ray's, team.

There’s a lot at stake Tuesday night in Ottawa when the Argos return for what is technically a home game for Toronto.
    A win by the Argos and the East will feature a three-way tie following Hamilton’s late-game collapse Friday night to visiting Calgary.
    The RedBlacks and Ticats then play a home and home, while the Argos should be benefitting from a home-friendly end to the season, only there is no place to call home for this nomadic team.
    Given the position he plays, when Harris is on the Argos are in a position to win games.
    There was a three-game losing streak when Harris wasn’t good, but he wasn’t alone as the Argos never could summon their best in a defeat to Edmonton and back-to-back setbacks against the Ticats.
    The Argos, meanwhile, will remain Harris’ team.
    Ricky Ray, still recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, is looking much better in workouts, and the Argos are hoping he can be ready to enter a game if Harris gets injured.
    Ottawa is riding the hot arm of Henry Burris, but getting pressure on Harris is paramount on Tuesday.
    The Redblacks are coming off a short week, having played host to a listless Alouettes team Thursday night, while the Argos are once again rested and getting healthier.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/03...o-keep-in-step

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Whatever you think of Brandon Isaac, you have to admit that he has gone through a lot. His comments show he has matured as a person in facing adversity. I'm glad he's back for the Ottawa game.

With so much adversity tossed in his direction, overcoming tears in his hamstring and knee seemed minor compared to the family and personal travails Brandon Isaac has been forced to deal with the past few seasons.
    His spirit remains strong and Isaac’s younger brother, left paralyzed following a car accident, is showing signs of progress.
    Isaac’s wife is carrying the couple’s first child, a girl, while the veteran linebacker is poised to return to the lineup for the first time since his injury against Ottawa on Aug. 23.
    “I’m feeling great, but I’ve been out a little while,’’ said Isaac, a veteran piece on defence the Argos have missed. “There are things I’ve got to get used to. My timing is still pretty good, but my man-to-man coverage has to get a lot better. I’m moving around, making things happen.
    “The defence is playing well. I thought we played well against Henry (Ottawa QB Burris), but he’s on fire, right now. Hopefully we can contain him again next Tuesday.”
    When Ottawa came to Toronto earlier in the year, Burris was near flawless, but the Argos defence not yield a receiving major. Still, he did complete 32 of 36 passes for 426 yards.
    Isaac got hurt in that one, came to the sidelines and then re-entered the game. It was later revealed he had an MCL tear and a hamstring tear. Once the swelling subsided, Isaac spent his time strengthening the knee and hamstring. “It still needs it (strengthening), but I feel I’m in a position where I can get out there and help the team out,’’ he said. “It was a Grade 1 tear, meaning no surgery was required.”
    It’s no coincidence the Argos looked lost in losing three straight without Isaac until the team bounced back with a win in Ottawa.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/03...o-keep-in-step

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Team looked very strong in practise today. I think Spencer and Hazelton will dress. Trevor H looked very good as well! I expect the O-Line to play well on both the run and pass.

Attachment 617
    Michael Palardy's release allows them to use an International spot on Hazelton so I do think we will see both Spencer and Vidal in the lineup on Tuesday.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Michael Palardy's release allows them to use an International spot on Hazelton so I do think we will see both Spencer and Vidal in the lineup on Tuesday.
    Frank Z reports Curtis Steele will make his 2015 debut...at the expense of Chad Kackert.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Seems there will be a few changes ..... probably good to give the Argos a different look ..... hope they can get the W