Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Sources tell me that Ray stays put.
    That's good enough for me. Love the optimism.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    With Toronto hosting the Grey Cup next year, I can see the Argos going the extra mile to have both Harris and Ray on the team next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I think delusional is too strong as well. Ray's options are not as plentiful as one might think, IMO.

Is Ottawa going to dump Burris after he leads them to the playoffs and passes for 5,000 yards? Maybe, but I doubt it. And age/heath don't seem to be factors with him.

Winnipeg has a lot invested in Willy and a decent backup in Nichols.

Sask would have to either release Durant or have him retire before taking on another big salary.

B.C. still has Lulay as well as Jennings. If Lulay's career is threatened, the Lions could be interested in Ray, but that's an if not a for-sure.

Hamilton, Edmonton and Calgary are set at QB.

That leaves Montreal, which is a bit of a gong show with Popp and Wettenhall. Would Ricky chase that? Yeah, he might. Or he might take a pay cut but still a healthy pay cheque with incentives, to stay in an offence expressly designed for him and with a fabulous group of young receivers.
    I could see talent wise Edmonton or Winnipeg signing Ray, as Ray is a step up on anything they have. But I don't see Edmonton going back to Ray, given the raping they were given when they traded him away. So I could see only Winnipeg or Montreal signing him. But will Toronto want to sign him at what he costs, assuming he doesn't want a pay cut, if they give Harris bigger money? With all due respect to Ray, if I'm Barker, I'm going with Harris from 2016 on, unless Ray wants to sign on the cheaper side of things. So given any blow up or injury to Harris, or some crazy awesome Ray performance late this year, I think you will probably see Ray in Montreal or Winnipeg next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I could see talent wise Edmonton or Winnipeg signing Ray, as Ray is a step up on anything they have. But I don't see Edmonton going back to Ray, given the raping they were given when they traded him away. So I could see only Winnipeg or Montreal signing him. But will Toronto want to sign him at what he costs, assuming he doesn't want a pay cut, if they give Harris bigger money? With all due respect to Ray, if I'm Barker, I'm going with Harris from 2016 on, unless Ray wants to sign on the cheaper side of things. So given any blow up or injury to Harris, or some crazy awesome Ray performance late this year, I think you will probably see Ray in Montreal or Winnipeg next year.
    Winnipeg has Willy and Nichols. I don't see them signing Ray, especially as they are already paying big money to Willy. The only team in the league that might be in the market for a new starting QB next year is Montreal and I am just not sure if Ray would be interested in getting into a bit of a circus there.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Winnipeg has Willy and Nichols. I don't see them signing Ray, especially as they are already paying big money to Willy. The only team in the league that might be in the market for a new starting QB next year is Montreal and I am just not sure if Ray would be interested in getting into a bit of a circus there.
    Winnipeg is going to be blown up again in the off season. There is now way you can build a team with Willy, who is always hurt and just above average when he does play. Nichols is a backup at best. Ray could be a fit there for who ever takes control of that once proud franchise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Winnipeg is going to be blown up again in the off season. There is now way you can build a team with Willy, who is always hurt and just above average when he does play. Nichols is a backup at best. Ray could be a fit there for who ever takes control of that once proud franchise.
    Willy is better than "above average" imo.
    Any quarterback playing behind that atrocious offensive line in Winnipeg is going to be "always hurt".
    If Ray was to go to Winnipeg, his career would be over in a hurry.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Willy is better than "above average" imo.
    Any quarterback playing behind that atrocious offensive line in Winnipeg is going to be "always hurt".
    If Ray was to go to Winnipeg, his career would be over in a hurry.
    I have to agree. I don't buy any of this "injury prone" talk. Situations happen. I think Willy is going to be a very good QB. The only place Ray goes other than Toronto might be Montreal. Hoping that doesn't happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I basically agree with you although I think it is more likely Montreal would go after him because Winnipeg now has Willy and traded for Nichols and are not going to pay for three QBs with significant starting time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    In today's article in The Sun Frank Z indicates there has been talk how Harris is looking for Ricky Ray type money of $450.000 per year to sign with the team?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    In today's article in The Sun Frank Z indicates there has been talk how Harris is looking for Ricky Ray type money of $450.000 per year to sign with the team?
    If Harris continues to play at a good level he is in a great bargaining position, the last thing this team can let happen is to let another QB prospect walk away.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    If Harris continues to play at a good level he is in a great bargaining position, the last thing this team can let happen is to let another QB prospect walk away.

I agree with you.
    Can't let another blue chip player walk.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You have to take these types of rumours with a gran of salt. I've got no problem paying him. If it turns out to be a 1 year wonder, contracts aren't guaranteed. I'm confident we won't have to worry about that. I think in the end, he will sign in the 350 neighbourhood + some pretty attainable incentives.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You have to take these types of rumours with a gran of salt. I've got no problem paying him. If it turns out to be a 1 year wonder, contracts aren't guaranteed. I'm confident we won't have to worry about that. I think in the end, he will sign in the 350 neighbourhood + some pretty attainable incentives.

The good thing about football contracts it is not guaranteed except the bonus money.
    That's why you hear of the ridiculous money in the No Fun League with the signing bonus up front money.
    After the one year nearly in the books, I agree around the $350,000 base sounds about right.
    Like any negotiations, you always start high and end up where you want to be all along.