Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The CRTC used to ban cable companies from owning TV stations for exactly these reasons that we are talking about. That they'd use their news programs to promote their agenda, and this is now the norm since that's been lifted and cable companies have bought up most, if not all the TV stations in the country. CTV local news, which used to be the hardest and most serious news program even use their newscasts to push programs like the amazing race for example. It's just shameless propoganda, and really takes away from the credibility of their news information programs whether news or sports.

No more critical editorial analysis which is what the great sportscaster in their day did. Guys like Pat Marsden and Dick Beddoes garnered credibility from fans because they gave you an honest opinion and didn't tow the corporate line. It made for great TV. Bobcat tries to pretend to do that as he was in sportscasting when these guys were on, but we've seen his stripes change so much that you know he's towing the company line just by how often he changes his tune. I don't find him sincere at all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I try not to over-react and try to figure out why things may have happened, but I have to agree with Gill.
    His anger seems well placed.
    How TSN can claim to be Canada's sports leader and have no mention of the CIS playoffs is unfathomable!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    TSN may as well just change their name to ESPN North. I've been sick of them for a few years now. Before all the TSN channels we had game delays because of FRIGGIN golf. Now that there's five channels they all carry US crap most of the time. I don't care about ESPN hour long shows on some bowler who battled cancer and now bowls with his lips. Ok that even made me laugh. I'm so sick of them with their stupid fantasy draft commercials.