Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    If I recall correctly, TSN 1050 had some U.S. college football broadcast on.
    I have no idea why that trumped the Argos game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Since Fan590 has exclusive Blow Jays coverage, The Leafs were on TSN1050 even though there game started at 7pm. You know the Leafs get bounced around between TSN1050 and FAN590 radio and so do the Raptors as this is their shared arrangement since Bell and Rogers bought into MLSE. A real joke really as the Blue Jays are the only team that has a dedicated station.

At least they warned fans of the move to CFRB 1010, but what really pissed me off was no pre-game and absolutely no post-game show...what a joke? I got into my car after the game hoping to hear some post game and zilch, nada, zip. Heard the Jays go 1-2-3 in the 9th inning on the drive home and it gave me some satisfaction. This coming from a guy who was cheering for them earlier in the season, until they clinched the AL East but is sickened by all the coverage and the cheerleading by Rogers corp.

PS- Is it me, but I'm not all that impressed with the bat toss by Bautista. The more I see and hear this guy, the more of a jerk he seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    If I recall correctly, TSN 1050 had some U.S. college football broadcast on.
    I have no idea why that trumped the Argos game.
    Was hearing Blue Jays talk by local announcer before the Argo game.

This TSN exclusive partnership can't end soon enough, as I was thinking that the Argos need another radio station, maybe even stay at CFRB and that the CFL could use another TV station. I think Global is slowly building their way back into sportscasting and would present a good alternative to the flip flopping that TSN has given the CFL this year. Global did sports production very well at one time and use to have the rights to many Canadian NHL team mid week games including the Leafs dating back to the 80's and 90's. Shaw cable is league sponsor this season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    From bad to worse when considering the Argos are on ANOTHER SHORT WEEK. They better get favourable scheduling next year from the league.
    How is the league responsible for Argo home date availability???

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post

Totally agree.
    Blaming Tiger-cats fans for poor attendance at an Argonauts game is ridiculous.
    Furthermore, there WERE some Tiger-cats fans at this game, including the guy who was ejected after pounding on his cowbell in the ear of the Argos fans in front of him (I was sitting in the row behind and several seats away).

FYI, not all of us are a 45 minute drive from THF. 90 minutes from just each of The Beach neighbourhood in southwest Scarborough.
    1 hour with traffic and from the west end. 45 minutes would be early on Saturday or Sunday morning. Too many Ticat fans were there, the ones that don't cheer for the cats and just say Argos sucks...I guess they didn't spend their entire welfare cheque on crack and could still get to the game.

To be fair, some Ticat fans were big football fans and just enjoyed the game...to the ones who say they hate Toronto but wear Blue Jays paraphenalia, stick your Jays stuff u know where.

Would've much preferred this game stay in 416 area code at York University where at least Argo fans would not been subjected to Ticat fan crackheads. THF is a nice stadium though.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I would cut the Argos some slack. I agree, when you consider all the issues with this team during the season overall it is amazing their record is 9 and 6.

The combination of an interception and penalty call on the kickoff return TD was a stab to the heart and Calgary never looked back. Good team that they are, they went for the throat and never allowed the Argos to seize any momentum, even after Tori Gurley's inspired effort on his TD. Clearly Trevor Harris wasn't in good form, wasn't himself, but I don't think he should be crucified for that. He has proven to be mentally tough. As such, I believe this experience will make him a better QB in the long run. The offense was out of synch for long stretches and put the defense in bad situations, especially in the first quarter. That having been said, the defense performed admirably, but they are neither ready yet to dominate at this stage of their development, nor to compensate for various deficiencies in offense and special teams like the elite clubs: Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Some questionable decisions by Milanovich in this game, the most notable of which was the decision to go for it on 3rd and 3 when a FG would have made reduced Calgary's lead to 17-10. The defense had been playing fairly well up until that point, but unraveled pretty well after that. Their RB's seemed to have their way and Rogers was wiiidee open on that bomb he dropped. But, I can hardly blame the defense for a suspect performance by the offense.

Trevor Harris set the tone with that early interception as Johno27 pointed out, and really never got on track. The OL didn't help him out very much and receivers didn't have a great performance either dropping some passes. Unfortunately, teams like Hamilton, Edmonton and Calgary have been able to shut the Argos offense down, and those are ultimately the teams we will have to beat to win in the playoffs. Penalties were, once again, an issue as well.

The experience at THF was eerie. From the tailgate in Lot J before the game with not too many cars to staring at a blank west side. BTW, I usually sit on the upper deck, west side for games there and I prefer those seats much more than the upper deck, east sides from a sightlines POV. The Ticat fans in the upper deck were cheering for Calgary, but only a handful were obnoxiously doing so. I think most understood the situation. I noticed the "CaptainPower" guy getting thrown out, but didn't know the circumstances for it. Unless he purchased a ticket from the Argos (I'll assume he didn't) he had no reason for being on the lower deck.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Trevor Harris was awful, can this guy not throw the ball on a rope. Even his TD passes were lofts that the receivers had to adjust for, it was brutal. His passes reminded me of Tanner Marsh's passes.

Milanovich's play calling was also terrible, and the lack of a run game was clearly evident in the cooler weather. The frustrating thing is that they could actually run more with Whitaker, but idiot Milanovich refuses to call more run plays, and it didn't become 17-0 until late in the 2nd quarter, so there's no excuse that they were too far down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Was hearing Blue Jays talk by local announcer before the Argo game.

This TSN exclusive partnership can't end soon enough, as I was thinking that the Argos need another radio station, maybe even stay at CFRB and that the CFL could use another TV station. I think Global is slowly building their way back into sportscasting and would present a good alternative to the flip flopping that TSN has given the CFL this year. Global did sports production very well at one time and use to have the rights to many Canadian NHL team mid week games including the Leafs dating back to the 80's and 90's. Shaw cable is league sponsor this season as well.
    I'm with you, TSN confuses the hell out of me, they pay good money for the CFL broadcasting rights then proceeds to handle it like a second rate product (particularly this season), I hope the league does open the bidding up and has 2 or so networks carry the games moving forward when the current deal ends.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    That was just a weird experience yesterday in so many ways. Ticat fans where I was were pretty calm and, to my relief, couldn't really seem to get an "Argos Suck" cheer going.

After 20 years in a dome, it was bracing to have a home game outside in cooler weather. Much to think about before next season.

We should all be grateful to the Ticats for sharing their home. I fear it will be even weirder on Friday as a 7:00 start is going to make it even harder for a lot of fans to get there.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    The clown with the cowbell, refused to tame it down and rang it in the ears of 2 small children.
    I really despise anti-social behaviour, from the Prime Minister on down to the humblest misbehaver. The failure to ever grow up to become a mature, empathetic, adult who considers others is all too common in today's world.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Some questionable decisions by Milanovich in this game, the most notable of which was the decision to go for it on 3rd and 3 when a FG would have made reduced Calgary's lead to 17-10. The defense had been playing fairly well up until that point, but unraveled pretty well after that.
    I didn't have an issue with the decision to go on 3rd. My only issue was that there was some confusion coming out the huddle, and with the play clock ticking down, rather than rush the snap, they should have called a time out. It was obvious they were losing the field position game due to the punting situation, and I get that they felt they needed 7 rather than 3 at that time.

For the record, Gurley was wide open on his curl, had the ball not been batted down at the line.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    That was just a weird experience yesterday in so many ways. Ticat fans where I was were pretty calm and, to my relief, couldn't really seem to get an "Argos Suck" cheer going.

After 20 years in a dome, it was bracing to have a home game outside in cooler weather. Much to think about before next season.

We should all be grateful to the Ticats for sharing their home. I fear it will be even weirder on Friday as a 7:00 start is going to make it even harder for a lot of fans to get there.
    The first half was fine, but boy did that wind and cold really set in when the sun set down, but it was real football weather. You really have to wonder how much leeway we should give to TV networks deciding the time of late season games. It's no wonder the Grey Cup, with a 5:30 local start time in Winnipeg in late November is not exactly selling like hotcakes is it. It may be a little easier sell with the whole game played under sunlight and a 1:30 or 2 pm local start like the good old days. Out of town fans can even pick up a flight in the evening and be home in their own beds for Monday morning.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Interesting, that TFC played Sat also in a half empty BMO stadium. They lost 2 to 0, yet the 2 page spread in the Sun, did not really cover the game, most of the story was about the playoff picture. There was no mention of attendance or the small crowd at BMO. Argo story in the Sun, had the attendance reported and spent time on the small crowd and lack of energy in the stadium. This is typical of how non MLSE teams get reported about. Hope this changes next year

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Interesting, that TFC played Sat also in a half empty BMO stadium. They lost 2 to 0, yet the 2 page spread in the Sun, did not really cover the game, most of the story was about the playoff picture. There was no mention of attendance or the small crowd at BMO. Argo story in the Sun, had the attendance reported and spent time on the small crowd and lack of energy in the stadium. This is typical of how non MLSE teams get reported about. Hope this changes next year
    Noticed that and biting my tongue also...I think it's time to sic Angelo on Frank Zicarelli next time he sees him at practice at Downsview...rofl

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Noticed that and biting my tongue also...I think it's time to sic Angelo on Frank Zicarelli next time he sees at him practice at Downsview...rofl
    I would, but I leave at the end of practice, which is when he usually shows up. LOL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    I could not stand the call to go for the 1st down in the 3rd quarter! That was a momentum changer. When is Swazye back? What is Chad Owens status? Is Ricky Ray not going to play this year? Is he still not 100% and are they just being cautious with him? Could this be a strategy so they can sign both Ray and Harris next year? I think the Argos are going to have to chose one guy or the other and based on age and other factors I think they will have to go with Harris. I hate the lack of coverage on the team.

The attendence at the THF was much worse than I anticipated. I thought it would be more like 6k there. I am so disappointed. There will probably be even fewer people at the Friday game. I wish we could play at Varsity Stadium.

Can we get a "Rogers Sucks" chant going!! I was yelling it and a lot of people thought I was referring to Eric Rogers of the Stamps. That was funny. Love the guy with the Rogers Sucks sign!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:

Level
    Really like THF.... lots of open spaces where you can watch the game if you want to walk around the stadium ... was a bit cool but I think I am going to enjoy being outside next year..... Think at some point soon Hamilton deserves to host a grey cup IMO .... its a long drive to Hamilton but was lots of the die hard Argo and Cats fans there.... Think next year in our new digs is going to be great if its any thing like THF... Don't think I can make it on the 23rd due to work.... but I am glad I went on the weekend to support the team and see THF ... Looking forward to next year.... and a strong finish this year...Go ARGOS !!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    There were too many Ticats fans there for my liking.

Other than the obvious of losing the turnover battle, I thought the other main difference was that the Stamps had better line play than us, which really doesn't surprise me considering we had another short week.

At least next week our opponent will have a shorter week than us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    Really like THF.... lots of open spaces where you can watch the game if you want to walk around the stadium ... was a bit cool but I think I am going to enjoy being outside next year..... Think at some point soon Hamilton deserves to host a grey cup IMO .... its a long drive to Hamilton but was lots of the die hard Argo and Cats fans there.... Think next year in our new digs is going to be great if its any thing like THF... Don't think I can make it on the 23rd due to work.... but I am glad I went on the weekend to support the team and see THF ... Looking forward to next year.... and a strong finish this year...Go ARGOS !!!!!
    Very well said.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If I lived in Hamilton and was a CFL fan I'd be pumped that a few extra games just landed in our city. This has squat to do with Toronto fans who showed up or not. You are either a CFL fan or not. Why not show up and BOOO your hated rivals. It would be a blast. I loved going to Hamilton when the Argos weren't playing. I guess I obviously have a different view. Yes I love the Argos but I also love the league. My view only, this isn't ripping other fans so just chill. I can also see why Cats fans don't want to watch TO in their stadium. Let's face it this year is the SHITS and Rogers are SCUM!!! No reason the bloody field couldn't be switched over by this arseholes.

If I still lived in Port Credit I would never miss a game but living over two hours north east of the Dome makes even getting to the dome a royal pain in the ass let alone when games are moved to Hamilton. I've decided that seasons will be out for next year and we'll just hit a few games. With this falls weather I don't need a trip down memory lane to CNE days. I'll stay warm with quality beer and great food at home.