Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    The hell was Harris doing there? Come back, Ricky.
    OK - Harris had an off game, but he still has been excellent for a young QB most of this season.

Got to wonder why there would be no thought of putting in Ray in to get some playing time - when it seemed clear that Harris was struggling and the game was not winnable pretty well ???

Is the thinking that this is Harris' team now come hell or high water? Certainly you would not think it would wreck his confidence to give way to a HOF type QB to get him some work and shake off some rust? OR - is Ray just not healthy enough and ready to play? - hope not because he could come in very handy in a big play-off game IF Harris struggles like this again and the offence needs a boost.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    OK - Harris had an off game, but he still has been excellent for a young QB most of this season.

Got to wonder why there would be no thought of putting in Ray in to get some playing time - when it seemed clear that Harris was struggling and the game was not winnable pretty well ???

Is the thinking that this is Harris' team now come hell or high water? Certainly you would not think it would wreck his confidence to give way to a HOF type QB to get him some work and shake off some rust? OR - is Ray just not healthy enough and ready to play? - hope not because he could come in very handy in a big play-off game IF Harris struggles like this again and the offence needs a boost.
    My guess is he is not quite ready yet.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    While I was living in Port Credit I sure as hell would have gone to TO to watch two teams even if TO wasn't playing and it wasn't Grey Cup. I watch every CFL game on tv. Things have changed now that we live half an hour north east of Peterborough. I'm really surprised that at least a few Cats fans didn't show up. I'm a CFL fan not just an Argo fan.
    I just think that this whole season has blown large for the Argos and their fans. This is way worse then Hamilton being displaced as they knew they would be moving into a beautiful new stadium which was all their own. Argos will be moving into TFC's Stadium as second class citizens yet a friggingen.

This game made the CFL look like crap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    While I was living in Port Credit I sure as hell would have gone to TO to watch two teams even if TO wasn't playing and it wasn't Grey Cup. I watch every CFL game on tv. Things have changed now that we live half an hour north east of Peterborough. I'm really surprised that at least a few Cats fans didn't show up. I'm a CFL fan not just an Argo fan.
    I just think that this whole season has blown large for the Argos and their fans. This is way worse then Hamilton being displaced as they knew they would be moving into a beautiful new stadium which was all their own. Argos will be moving into TFC's Stadium as second class citizens yet a friggingen.

I watch most CFL games on TV but admittedly wouldn't be interested in watching Montreal-BC in Toronto, I love the league but my true interest lies with the Argos.
    I am around the Hamilton area a lot and to be honest you do see Blue Jay as well as Leafs jerseys and caps everywhere.
    The truth is Hamilton fans follow and support Toronto sports teams not named the Argonauts.
    Back to your other points, this season has been a royal joke for Argonaut supporters and totally embarrassing for the team and the CFL, amazed they have the win-loss record that they do to be honest.
    Next season will be much better with committed ownership and a new venue, keep the faith Argoholic.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I know Milanovich usually makes Harper look like a Liberal.
    Ha, ha.

OK -

Yep.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    We made the trip down to Hamilton today. Paid $10 for a pair and moved down into good seats in Section 116. At the end of the day, I think we overpaid. Typical boorish behaviour from Ticats fans. Not a family friendly place.

image.jpg

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    We made the trip down to Hamilton today. Paid $10 for a pair and moved down into good seats in Section 116. At the end of the day, I think we overpaid. Typical boorish behaviour from Ticats fans. Not a family friendly place.

Attachment 625
    I have Ticat season tickets this year and won't be renewing for the reasons you have stated.
    Proudly can't relate to the behaviour displayed at these games, trust me I have also seen some real specimens in Toronto at games but nothing in comparison to what you see at THF.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I was at the game, so could not tell how many people were there. From one's seat the place looks pretty full, but you cannot tell unless you are looking directly at it from a distance. I should have recorded it on television to see how it looked. We tried to make noise, but there was not a whole lot of it. Biggest noise maker was a Ticat fan banging on a big cowbell with a drum stick when the Argos had the ball. Some jerk got into a tussle with him and stole his cow bell. he was ejected, but walked away with the cow bell. Luckily someone in the row ahead of me grabbed it out of his hands to return it, before I was able to get to him. Unfortunately, both were ejected from the game. Sadly the Ticat fan was doing nothing wrong.

Argos really, really sucked today. Nothing went right. there were a few moments when it looked like they may be about to start their usual fourth quarter comeback, but then they's suck all over again. Why, oh why did they not kick the field goal when they had third and three. The big turning point right there. Well, one of them.

I'll be back again for Friday's game as I never miss a game. It is supposed to be not so cold next game. Was actually not too bad today as I dressed warm and wore a warm hat. I am lucky now that I am recently retired, so it is not a big rush to get there after work.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I am afraid he road to the Grey Cup goes through Hamilton. Grey Cup opponents will be Edmonton or Calgary. All three have exceptional coaching and defences. Absolutely no room for error. This game turned on the interception. A quick six points given to a Hufnagel coached team. The kickoff return called back seemed like a killer at the time. I am afraid the Ticats, Stampeders and Eskimos know how to play our offence. Reminded me a lot of the dreadful games in Hamilton and in Edmonton and Calgary.

I hope I am wrong

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ticats fan with the cowbell purposely rang it in an Argo fan's ear and was asked to stop. Since he didn't stop, that's when someone intervened to take the damn thing away.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

Well kudos to you then. But plain and simple most fans aren't like that, but a few are. I do know for a fact that some Ticat fans went. I still believe that if the Cats-Stamps played in TO and it wasn't Grey Cup, you'd be lucky to get a couple hundred Argo fans there, and I would never expect there to be. I'll say it again.. It is not our obligation to support this game. It is not our fault that there was only a crowd of 3,400 there. The real fault lies with the thousands of Argo fans who couldn't travel 45 minutes down the Queen Lizzie to watch their team possibly clinch a playoff spot against the defending champions. I'm not really sure what moving in to BMO vs moving in to THF has to do with anything. So because you feel screwed, you're giving up and not going to a neutral sight game? I feel for Argo fans for the crap that's gone on, but that's just lame.

Hypothetically, had the Ticats only had 2-3 thousand for their games in Guelph, who would you have blamed? The people of Guelph? Or Ticat fans who couldn't go 45 minutes to support their team?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Are you surprised by this? Harris has been throwing into heavy coverage and making poor decisions all season. He can't hit a moving target. Every receiver has to stop in order to catch his passes. Sure, it works against mediocre teams like Ottawa and Montreal but, look how close those games have been. I think now it's pretty clear that we can't beat top teams with Harris as our QB. Hopefully this game cures whatever disease the "Harris is our #1" people on this forum are suffering from.
    Thumbs up from me.

I'd have to agree argoholic, I haven't missed a single game since mid 2007, I love the CFL, not just the Argonauts or Bombers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57
    My guess is he is not quite ready yet.
    My guess was to not ruin Harris' confidence and make him feel that he needs to look over his shoulder every time a couple of mistakes are made. We were debating this at the half, and I said I hope they leave Harris in there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am afraid he road to the Grey Cup goes through Hamilton. Grey Cup opponents will be Edmonton or Calgary. All three have exceptional coaching and defences. Absolutely no room for error. This game turned on the interception. A quick six points given to a Hufnagel coached team. The kickoff return called back seemed like a killer at the time. I am afraid the Ticats, Stampeders and Eskimos know how to play our offence. Reminded me a lot of the dreadful games in Hamilton and in Edmonton and Calgary.

I hope I am wrong
    I'm not too worried about today's bad offensive showing. It was 3 games in 11 days. A good team like Calgary being well rested, coming off a loss is not a great scenario...especially with 2 more days of rest.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Tough game. Argos were the worst I've seen in a long time but I think it was an aberration. They will perform much better on Friday and Harris will redeem himself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'm not too worried about today's bad offensive showing. It was 3 games in 11 days. A good team like Calgary being well rested, coming off a loss is not a great scenario...especially with 2 more days of rest.
    As Milanovich says "no excuses". From my perspective the team didn't look tired, Harris just played horribly and the lack of a running game reared it ugly head once again, defense played as expected, at least IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Agreed, AV. My hope is that this will be the final loss of the season and that the Argos run the table from here. I still believe that they are capable of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Tough game. Argos were the worst I've seen in a long time but I think it was an aberration. They will perform much better on Friday and Harris will redeem himself.
    I agree with Stevoman here as well. This is a tough league and, given all that the Argos have been through, 9-6 and in the playoffs is not too shabby at all. You have to learn from a game like this and use it to become a better team and I am confident that they will do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    As Milanovich says "no excuses". From my perspective the team didn't look tired, Harris just played horribly and the lack of a running game reared it ugly head once again, defense played as expected, at least IMO.
    I thought that the defence played reasonably well. The Argos gifted Calgary six points in the first quarter on the first Smith interception so the defence basically gave up 21 points other than that. With a better offensive performance today, the Argos could have won. There were also some key penalties on special teams which hurt them.

According to Ray himself at the end of this article, he isn't quite ready to play: http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/...-hamilton.html
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Yeah, the real question is whether it might have been a good idea to put McPherson in for a series to let Harris cool down; he looked pretty frustrated. I doubt that it would have helped, but in retrospect it was probably worth a shot.

I'm judging by the highlights, by the way - I wasn't even able to see live video of this game.
    Last edited by Wobbler; 10-18-2015 at 03:00 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    Well kudos to you then. But plain and simple most fans aren't like that, but a few are. I do know for a fact that some Ticat fans went. I still believe that if the Cats-Stamps played in TO and it wasn't Grey Cup, you'd be lucky to get a couple hundred Argo fans there, and I would never expect there to be. I'll say it again.. It is not our obligation to support this game. It is not our fault that there was only a crowd of 3,400 there. The real fault lies with the thousands of Argo fans who couldn't travel 45 minutes down the Queen Lizzie to watch their team possibly clinch a playoff spot against the defending champions. I'm not really sure what moving in to BMO vs moving in to THF has to do with anything. So because you feel screwed, you're giving up and not going to a neutral sight game? I feel for Argo fans for the crap that's gone on, but that's just lame.

Hypothetically, had the Ticats only had 2-3 thousand for their games in Guelph, who would you have blamed? The people of Guelph? Or Ticat fans who couldn't go 45 minutes to support their team?
    Totally agree.
    Blaming Tiger-cats fans for poor attendance at an Argonauts game is ridiculous.
    Furthermore, there WERE some Tiger-cats fans at this game, including the guy who was ejected after pounding on his cowbell in the ear of the Argos fans in front of him (I was sitting in the row behind and several seats away).

FYI, not all of us are a 45 minute drive from THF. 90 minutes from just each of The Beach neighbourhood in southwest Scarborough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Why was this game not on TSN Radio?

Not that I am complaining. CFRB comes in a hell of a lot better in Barrie than TSN Radio and I was actually able to hear the game on my way home from work, but what was TSN's excuse. Was there some really big American sporting event that they just had to cover, like the US National Caber Tossing Championships. Being kicked out of their home stadium is one thing, now they are being kicked off their home radio station as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    We travelled from north of Whitby, closer to 2 hours, so the distance and time wasn't an issue.

The clown with the cowbell, refused to tame it down and rang it in the ears of 2 small children. They were the junior Argos Admirals and refused to do anything about it, like move. With all the room in the stadium, a solution could have been found. Speak to Clay if you have an issue but the boys were terrified and don't want to go to any more games now. Certainly, this isn't what the CFL is about.