Thread: Kackert ????

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Kackert ????

I've been to the last two road games and was disappointed that Chad Kackert was not there. I see he is listed on the 1 game injured list. When did this happen? Very sad that they seem to have abandoned him. Anyone see or hear if he did get an injury in a practice? I'm hoping he will be our Grey Cup hero again this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't think he's actually injured.

I would like to see Kackert and Whitaker given the ball more often every game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Curtis Steele is back in the lineup and the coaches seem to prefer to have Whitaker and Steele as the running backs. Steele is much more useful on special teams than Kackert is. Kackert played well in his first game back but struggled after that.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Also, the coaches have clearly decided to give one back virtually all of the offensive downs. Makes sense that it's Whitaker, and since Steele is more valuable on ST he gets the second spot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    Beside his first game, Kackert has rarely been handed the ball. How can they assume that the other guys are that much better? I agree Whitaker is good, but they should give one of their most popular players a chance to run the ball at least.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    Beside his first game, Kackert has rarely been handed the ball. How can they assume that the other guys are that much better? I agree Whitaker is good, but they should give one of their most popular players a chance to run the ball at least.
    The coaches see all the practices and film from not only practice, but games. We all love Kackert, but they have a much more in depth view as to who they see as more necessary for this team at this time.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    If personnel decisions are based on popularity, the person making them eventually gets fired.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Sorry to say, but I think this is the end of the road for Kackert, or at least it should be. Although, I don't see this as a bad thing necessarily, bring Kack back as a coach for next season, the players and coaches seem to love him and by all accounts he has a good football IQ, why let that go to waste ?

I'd like to see the Argos bring back Dillon Campbell next season, anyone catch his play this past weekend ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Sorry to say, but I think this is the end of the road for Kackert, or at least it should be. Although, I don't see this as a bad thing necessarily, bring Kack back as a coach for next season, the players and coaches seem to love him and by all accounts he has a good football IQ, why let that go to waste ?

I'd like to see the Argos bring back Dillon Campbell next season, anyone catch his play this past weekend ?
    I saw Campbell play live in week 1 at York, and honestly was not great. He had 2 good runs and was held to 4 or less the rest of the day. Now, his O-line may have had a bad day, but it was York for God's sake.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Whitacker is the Argo's best back by a country mile....nuff said
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Love Kack but I have to trust Milanovich.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I remember when Milanovich went out on the limb and cut Cory Boyd and started Kackert. I think they need to keep Whitaker,Steele and Kackert and dress 2 of them every game. Steele is a huge Special Team player and gets the nod over Kackert for now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

You can assume that the Argo coaching staff are inscrutable football geniuses, so stop with the silly questioning of anything they do. ;o)

Kackert is way more a pure / lots of carries tailback - tough runner between the tackles and break-away ability - and those types of backs need lots of carries; and aside from his injury issues and maybe not being up to his former skill level as a runner, this offence and it's thinkers have next to no use for an applied or consistent ground game where Kackert could help lots; so - it is better to go with an all-around back in Whitaker who is still a pretty decent running back, but also a good receiving back and good at blitz pick-up to protect the QB = better fit for this offence.

You may recall Kackert was a big force who helped the team win a GC recently - but that can be eons ago in football life; and CFL gob offensive thinkers just do not get that you can win with a strong run game, even when the evidence smacks them right on the face; they forget and defer to same old look offence - and that is doing OK to great at times with Harris & co. this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    You can assume that the Argo coaching staff are inscrutable football geniuses, so stop with the silly questioning of anything they do. ;o)

Kackert is way more a pure / lots of carries tailback - tough runner between the tackles and break-away ability - and those types of backs need lots of carries; and aside from his injury issues and maybe not being up to his former skill level as a runner, this offence and it's thinkers have next to no use for an applied or consistent ground game where Kackert could help lots; so - it is better to go with an all-around back in Whitaker who is still a pretty decent running back, but also a good receiving back and good at blitz pick-up to protect the QB = better fit for this offence.

You may recall Kackert was a big force who helped the team win a GC recently - but that can be eons ago in football life; and CFL gob offensive thinkers just do not get that you can win with a strong run game, even when the evidence smacks them right on the face; they forget and defer to same old look offence - and that is doing OK to great at times with Harris & co. this season.
    First you justify the choosing of Whitaker, then criticize them doing so. There's no winning with you. That GOB reference, really gets tiresome, especially when it doesn't even suit or apply to the situation. It's easy to sit on our second guessing, perfect hindsight asses and say pound the ball with Kackert all day. Then we'll hear, why isn't Harris going downfield anymore? I am a huge supporter of Kack, even have the t-shirt, but you got to give the Argos credit when deserved. They keep winning, despite the adversity and with a huge effort from Whitaker. It is so frustrating reading how critical posters can be on here, WHEN THEY WIN!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level

Agree with some of your sentiments OV however reality is this is 2015 not 2012 and Kackert isn't the player he once was so the team has to move on, Whitaker is the best back they have now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    It is so frustrating reading how critical posters can be on here, WHEN THEY WIN!
    This ^^^^

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Agree with some of your sentiments OV however reality is this is 2015 not 2012 and Kackert isn't the player he once was so the team has to move on, Whitaker is the best back they have now.
    YeaH - that's what I'm saying: IF Kack was healthy and close to his 2012 form, I would be lobbying for the team to have him in there and give him lots of carries; and they could still have Whitaker too as the passing downs back. That would show some real diversity on offence too - which is really not on the agenda for most (or all) CFL offences.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I saw Campbell play live in week 1 at York, and honestly was not great. He had 2 good runs and was held to 4 or less the rest of the day. Now, his O-line may have had a bad day, but it was York for God's sake.

Easy to notice how you were critical of Campbell for a not so great performance early in the season but have had nothing to say with some of his recent really strong games. Don't follow CIS ball that much, or don't track Argos' NI prospects much ?

But the Argos coaching staff cut him in TC and they are always right, eh? We'll see if he is brought back for another "look" next TC. Maybe no need for more NIs getting to compete at tailback and they have Coombs who can play there some in a pinch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    YeaH - that's what I'm saying: IF Kack was healthy and close to his 2012 form, I would be lobbying for the team to have him in there and give him lots of carries; and they could still have Whitaker too as the passing downs back. That would show some real diversity on offence too - which is really not on the agenda for most (or all) CFL offences.
    You would see a much more balanced attack if Kackert were indeed healthy.
    The scenario you have laid out would be ideal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Easy to notice how you were critical of Campbell for a not so great performance early in the season but have had nothing to say with some of his recent really strong games. Don't follow CIS ball that much, or don't track Argos' NI prospects much ?

But the Argos coaching staff cut him in TC and they are always right, eh? We'll see if he is brought back for another "look" next TC. Maybe no need for more NIs getting to compete at tailback and they have Coombs who can play there some in a pinch.
    The post I responded to asked specifically if anyone had seen Campbell play live this year. That is the only game I saw him play live. Honestly OV, how many CIS games do you see live? You keep bringing up stats and all, but there is a lot more to it than stats to make it to the next level. As I brought up before, plenty of guys with great NCAA stats don't make it pro. But you tend to look at the bias against CIS players, and not the NCAA guys that get in for 1 series in pre-season only to get cut.

Despite what you think, I want as many CIS players as possible to thrive in the pro's. I however know a lot of guys that played CIS ball and had either a tryout or actually made a roster (most of which played for St Mary's during their heyday in the early 90's), that have told me it is night and day competition wise, and previous accomplishments don't mean squat once you are competing on a pro level. I also played with both Andrew Greene and Jamie Chrysdale, both of whom played NCAA, and had no issue at all, and became dominating players in the league.