Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kackert ????

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Actually Angelo, I asked if anyone saw him play last weekend, in either case no matter, Milanovich has stated that a runningbacks main duty/priority is to protect the QB, then wonders why the running game isn't very good. So until Campbell becomes an elite blocker, he'll never step foot again in T.O. Blocking is probably the only reason that Josey is still around, because he's a terrible RB IMO, can't run north/south or find wholes............. Chevy Walker 2.0, but hey at least he can block.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Actually Angelo, I asked if anyone saw him play last weekend, in either case no matter, Milanovich has stated that a runningbacks main duty/priority is to protect the QB, then wonders why the running game isn't very good. So until Campbell becomes an elite blocker, he'll never step foot again in T.O. Blocking is probably the only reason that Josey is still around, because he's a terrible RB IMO, can't run north/south or find wholes............. Chevy Walker 2.0, but hey at least he can block.
    OK, I guess I misread your comment. Having said that, I know you are not a big Milanovich fan (I am), so I will not really add anything more, as it would be useless.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    OK, I guess I misread your comment. Having said that, I know you are not a big Milanovich fan (I am), so I will not really add anything more, as it would be useless.
    Not useless at all, nothing wrong with a good debate IMO. Though this might not be the thread for it lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    "Elite blocker" ??? - a lot of these smaller CFL RBs who play regularly are hardly powerhouse blockers, but they can get the job done: be smart and recognize the D and blitz pick-up and get in the way; you want a powerful blocker - than a guy like Dupuis is a moose there - put a guy like that in the backfileld if pass protection is the main priority; if you want a RB who is a decent blocker and also a decent ball carrier and receiving back, then go with one of the typical CFL starting backs now; but please - "elite" blocker is hardly the term to be used here; name me a starting CFL RB now who is a dominant powerhouse blocker in pass protection or even lead blocking in a play where that is called for? - more like competent or capable should be the term.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    First-hand reports of Argo draftee performances in CIS games are rare and valuable, regardless of whether anyone specifically asked for them! Thanks, Angelo.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm sorry, I don't have a great football mind like other people here, but I saw Kackert come back in his first game and play very well, and then nothing. Can someone give me the coles notes as to why he isn't playing still? I don't want to hear because Brandon Whitaker is playing better, because he isn't. He is a decent back, but he's no healthy Kackert. Kack played well in his first game back, and then gone. Whats the real reason?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't have a great football mind like other people here, but I saw Kackert come back in his first game and play very well, and then nothing. Can someone give me the coles notes as to why he isn't playing still? I don't want to hear because Brandon Whitaker is playing better, because he isn't. He is a decent back, but he's no healthy Kackert. Kack played well in his first game back, and then gone. Whats the real reason?

Maybe mostly because Kack did not fully recover from his injury issues and is just not at the skill level he once was?

Kackert is IMO the way better pure running tailback vs. Whitaker; but Whitaker is a better all-around back (running, blocking & receiving - though i saw no weakness in Kackert's game there), so a better fit for this pass first/mostly Argo offence now?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't want to hear because Brandon Whitaker is playing better, because he isn't. He is a decent back, but he's no healthy Kackert. Kack played well in his first game back, and then gone. Whats the real reason?
    Whether you don't want anybody telling you this or not, Whitaker IS playing better. He's averaging 5.5 YPC compared to Kackert's 5.0. He's also a better receiver and it's not even close. Kackert catches well for a RB, but Whitaker catches well period.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    First-hand reports of Argo draftee performances in CIS games are rare and valuable, regardless of whether anyone specifically asked for them! Thanks, Angelo.
    I guess nobody saw any of Campbell's last 2 CIS games where he rushed for over 240 yards (!!!) in both games?

I saw some of a Dinos' game earlier this year on TV where McEwen looked good with some good blocks - hope he will report next year; Argos might also think of drafting Dinos' star RB Mercer Timmis or even giving a look to QB Buckley (drafted by the Stumps last year and they could look at him again in TC i suppose) - the Dinos offence is a powerhouse but CanWest defences are maybe kinda weak.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Whether you don't want anybody telling you this or not, Whitaker IS playing better. He's averaging 5.5 YPC compared to Kackert's 5.0. He's also a better receiver and it's not even close. Kackert catches well for a RB, but Whitaker catches well period.
    And Kackert's CFL career shows he is a wayyyyyyyyy more explosive & dangerous big-play RB than Whitaker - capable of big gains; but maybe not anymore. Again - depends on what the offence wants out of their RB - and that is a matter of opinion and not some sort of fact like you seem to think it it - unless you believe your fave team's decision makers are always right and just not to be questioned on these type forums ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sure, not problem. Source please?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I guess nobody saw any of Campbell's last 2 CIS games where he rushed for over 240 yards (!!!) in both games?

OV, it was Waterloo and Ottawa. Waterloo may be the worst team in CIS history and Ottawa allowed 290 yards on the ground to Carlton the week before. Overall he's having a pretty good season again, but he really isn't that dominating.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    And Kackert's CFL career shows he is a wayyyyyyyyy more explosive & dangerous big-play RB than Whitaker - capable of big gains; but maybe not anymore. Again - depends on what the offence wants out of their RB - and that is a matter of opinion and not some sort of fact like you seem to think it it - unless you believe your fave team's decision makers are always right and just not to be questioned on these type forums ?
    Ahah....

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Whining is not helpful.

I saw some of a Dinos' game earlier this year on TV where McEwen looked good with some good blocks - hope he will report next year; Argos might also think of drafting Dinos' star RB Mercer Timmis or even giving a look to QB Buckley (drafted by the Stumps last year and they could look at him again in TC i suppose) - the Dinos offence is a powerhouse but CanWest defences are maybe kinda weak.
    First-hand reports of Argo draftee performances are quite valuable, as mentioned earlier! Your report is a bit vague, but more data like this would be very welcome, OV.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    All I know is this team is 9-5 under these "decision makers" as you like to put it, in far less than favourable conditions. Just tired of the "why isn't my favourite player playing" crap that goes on here. I like Kackert a lot, but you guys make it seem like Whitaker hasn't had much of a career. His overall career has been better than Kackerts.

People on here are so quick to label guys like Ricky Ray as injury prone, and would have no problem losing him for a great replacement in Harris. Nobody has been more injury prone the last couple of years than Kackert, so why is the feeling so different with him being replaced by a great replacement in Whitaker?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Not accurate. He played well in his first game back, then did little of note in the next four games, with 17 carries for 73 yards, and five receptions for 42 yards. Then he was made inactive.

It seems entirely possible, to me at least, that his injuries have left him unable to achieve his old performance standard. And that his first game back was fuelled largely by adrenalin. We'd all love to see the Kackert of 2012 in the lineup, but it's three years and two major injuries later -- the Kackert of 2012 may simply no longer exist. It wouldn't be the first time a running back "lost it" not long after being successful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=AngeloV;70896]All I know is this team is 9-5 under these "decision makers" as you like to put it, in far less than favourable conditions. Just tired of the "why isn't my favourite player playing" crap that goes on here. I like Kackert a lot, but you guys make it seem like Whitaker hasn't had much of a career. His overall career has been better than Kackerts.

People on here are so quick to label guys like Ricky Ray as injury prone, and would have no problem losing him for a great replacement in Harris. Nobody has been more injury prone the last couple of years than Kackert, so why is the feeling so different with him being replaced by a great replacement in Whitaker?[/QUOTE

I'm not sure I understand why you get so "sick" of hearing opinions here that differ from your own or maybe those of the Argos' braintrust ??? This forum is about varying opinions, and so what is so wrong with suggesting or saying a player we like of know might be able to help the Argos or it might be nice to see them play & do well? Is it because us couch potato fans know nothing about the game and how dare we question the Argos' deep thinking "decision makers" or other football "experts" here ?

The next time the Argos go 18 & 0 on the season with dominating wins every game as they cruise to the GC, then maybe everybody could shut-up or just be cheer-leaders who come on here to all agree on how great the team is.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Really??
    Has anyone ever seen Josey throw a block???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    "Elite blocker" ??? - a lot of these smaller CFL RBs who play regularly are hardly powerhouse blockers, but they can get the job done: be smart and recognize the D and blitz pick-up and get in the way; you want a powerful blocker - than a guy like Dupuis is a moose there - put a guy like that in the backfileld if pass protection is the main priority; if you want a RB who is a decent blocker and also a decent ball carrier and receiving back, then go with one of the typical CFL starting backs now; but please - "elite" blocker is hardly the term to be used here; name me a starting CFL RB now who is a dominant powerhouse blocker in pass protection or even lead blocking in a play where that is called for? - more like competent or capable should be the term.
    I didn't actually mean elite blocker, I was just making a smart-ass remark in terms of what's important to Milanovich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Really??
    Has anyone ever seen Josey throw a block???
    Mlanovich praised Josey's blocking ability during TC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

I'm not sure I understand why you get so "sick" of hearing opinions here that differ from your own or maybe those of the Argos' braintrust ??? This forum is about varying opinions, and so what is so wrong with suggesting or saying a player we like of know might be able to help the Argos or it might be nice to see them play & do well? Is it because us couch potato fans know nothing about the game and how dare we question the Argos' deep thinking "decision makers" or other football "experts" here ?

The next time the Argos go 18 & 0 on the season with dominating wins every game as they cruise to the GC, then maybe everybody could shut-up or just be cheer-leaders who come on here to all agree on how great the team is.
    Well, how can I possibly argue with that logic?