Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Really??
    Has anyone ever seen Josey throw a block???
    Is that what he was trying to do in Winnipeg when he froze in the Argo endzone after getting handed off the ball. Somebody needs to tell him that the statue of liberty play is not standing like the statue of liberty with the ball in your own endzone and giving up a safety.

Josey is an example I cite for why the CFL should not have increased import/International numbers on their team rosters? Him and Vince Agnew...exhibit 1 and 1a. I want to watch a Major Canadian Football League, not a Minor American Football League. What next, 4 downs and an American field?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Last year Terrell Sinkfield and Jeremiah Johnson were hated by Argo fans about as much as some here hate Agnew and Josey this year. Funny how things work out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Last year Terrell Sinkfield and Jeremiah Johnson were hated by Argo fans about as much as some here hate Agnew and Josey this year. Funny how things work out.
    Are you predicting that Agnew is going to be next Carl Brazely, Larry Highbaugh or Chip Cox. I highly doubt it. Can't see Josey being anywhere near Jeremiah Johnson but you never know what a running back is capable of doing when he decides to move his feet. I'm hard on him because I think he gets a pass from Milanovich for play at Mizzou, you could bet that if he played at a CIS school or even a smaller US college, he'd be history.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Are you predicting that Agnew is going to be next Carl Brazely, Larry Highbaugh or Chip Cox. I highly doubt it. Can't see Josey being anywhere near Jeremiah Johnson but you never know what a running back is capable of doing when he decides to move his feet. I'm hard on him because I think he gets a pass from Milanovich for play at Mizzou, you could bet that if he played at a CIS school or even a smaller US college, he'd be history.
    Josey is small has no moves and can't break a tackle, what's not to like.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Is that what he was trying to do in Winnipeg when he froze in the Argo endzone after getting handed off the ball. Somebody needs to tell him that the statue of liberty play is not standing like the statue of liberty with the ball in your own endzone and giving up a safety.

Josey is an example I cite for why the CFL should not have increased import/International numbers on their team rosters? Him and Vince Agnew...exhibit 1 and 1a. I want to watch a Major Canadian Football League, not a Minor American Football League. What next, 4 downs and an American field?
    Exactly / I agree big-time.

At a time when the Canadian talent pool is larger and better than ever, the CFL has moved to allow more American/import players - some of whom are mediocre or show little to nothing when they get handed CFL playing time by the mostly American coaching staff. And meanwhile - a lot of IMO good young Canadian talent (proven college ball star players backed up by athletic testing #s at CFL Combines) sit on CFL benches or are thought of as back-ups / special teamers only, or in some cases they don't even get a CFL try-out. And CFL teams can IMO easily do without Agnew or Josey types on their rosters.

But this is a matter of opinion of course, and not sure a majority of CFL fans would share this view or even care; and you can bet on how the average CFL deep thinking exec. or coach feels about this matter (heard some more whining from an anonymous CFL source this year about not enough Canadian talent and crying for more imports; and you can see some CFL fans on some forums (not here though much mind you) cry-babying about the cliched "ratio problem" when addressing their fave team's poor play). CANADIAN Football League, eh, you hosers. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Josey is small has no moves and can't break a tackle, what's not to like.
    And last year we were all complaining that Johnson refused to run forward and into traffic, and that Sinkfield couldn't catch. Just goes to show you cannot always judge players correctly based on their first season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    And last year we were all complaining that Johnson refused to run forward and into traffic, and that Sinkfield couldn't catch. Just goes to show you cannot always judge players correctly based on their first season.
    Each player and scenario is different Paul, simply call it as I see it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I would not have cut Sinkfield, as I indicated in an earlier post.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    I would not have cut Sinkfield, as I indicated in an earlier post.
    In fairness to the Argos, Sinkfield recently told the TSN folks that he needed to grow up over the last year which would explain why the Argos released him and why Austin kept him on the bench for a month earlier this season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Which receiver in the Argo lineup today would Sinkfield replace? Durie Owens Hazelton Gurley Spencer Coombs Elliott?
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Which receiver in the Argo lineup today would Sinkfield replace? Durie Owens Hazelton Gurley Spencer Coombs Elliott?

He's better than Hazelton, IMO; and Spencer hasn't proven much at all as a downfield receiver IMO .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Spencer is or can be our best receiver running after the catch. I expect he'll be more featured in the offense next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I like our current receivers, as I've made clear many times. Point is, we would have even more depth there and at RB if we'd had more patience with Sinkfield and Johnson, both of whom were pariahs among fans here a year ago. So this year's whipping boys are Agnew and Josey. (The latter hasn't even dressed in what, 12 weeks? Why is anyone even wasting time thinking about him at the moment?) It's entirely possible both guys will become legitimate starters next season, albeit it seems more likely for Agnew than Josey.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like our current receivers, as I've made clear many times. Point is, we would have even more depth there and at RB if we'd had more patience with Sinkfield and Johnson, both of whom were pariahs among fans here a year ago. So this year's whipping boys are Agnew and Josey. (The latter hasn't even dressed in what, 12 weeks? Why is anyone even wasting time thinking about him at the moment?) It's entirely possible both guys will become legitimate starters next season, albeit it seems more likely for Agnew than Josey.
    We're in serious trouble if Agnew is starting next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    So rather than start a new thread I just resurrected this one .....

Do you think that was Kackerts last game?
    I was at the game today, and leaving rather slowly ..... Chad was at the end by himself kneeling by the uprights, totally contemplating life ...seemed as if he was there forever without being disrupted. Then someone in civies came by and Kackert stood up and gave him a big hug....

I'm sure cost wise it doesn't make the job worthwhile to be on the practice roster half the time and with the Canadian dollar being so low ..... These guys from the US are earning very little ...... Even if it was 55 grand Canadian a year that's 35 grand at most ..... To live here and keep your US home too?

I loved Kackerts determination and passion for the game. I'm sure he was looking for another magical moment like the 2012 Grey Cup .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post

I was at the game today, and leaving rather slowly ..... Chad was at the end by himself kneeling by the uprights, totally contemplating life ...seemed as if he was there forever without being disrupted. Then someone in civies came by and Kackert stood up and gave him a big hug....

I'm sure cost wise it doesn't make the job worthwhile to be on the practice roster half the time and with the Canadian dollar being so low ..... These guys from the US are earning very little ...... Even if it was 55 grand Canadian a year that's 35 grand at most ..... To live here and keep your US home too?

I loved Kackerts determination and passion for the game. I'm sure he was looking for another magical moment like the 2012 Grey Cup .
    I think he is done in Toronto.
    He has shown flashes of his 2012 form but hard to say if it is him or the mediocre O-Line in front of him.
    My guess is this season was as much about him answering some personal questions and leaving the game on his own terms with no regrets and "what if's" later in life.
    Good on him, humble individual and great team guy, if he is done here we as fans owe him many thanks for all he has done for our team!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post

I hope that he'll be back even if not as a starter to add depth.

Also 55 grand Canadian is 41+ grand US at the current 75 cents US, Canadian Dollar.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Also 55 grand Canadian is 41+ grand US at the current 75 cents US, Canadian Dollar.
    That's why the smart ones stay here year round and begin making contacts for post football life.
    It's us vs the rest of the country