Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    1. I'm a fan of both teams. Just follow the Argos more. I always found it pathetic that someone would stop being a Jays fan solely based on the Argos not being able to stay relevant by their own efforts.

2. People can cheer for whoever they like for why ever they like. But again I find the sheer hypocrisy of some Argo fans pathetic. The same Argo fan who becomes the biggest crybaby whenever a fan of another sports team or league (MLS, MLB, NFL) degrades the Argos and hopes them disaster because that helps "their cause" ... will turn around and hope the Jays lose just based on how "their own cause" is affected. Thus these whiners become what they hate. One vicious pathetic little circle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ravi. A great post explaining your feelings and thoughts. I often find myself conflicted on this issue. Being a casual baseball fan, the hometown Jays are my team. As much as I have negative feelings to the current Jays ownership, I can't deny myself the experience and fun that I have watching sports with family and friends and cheering on our team. Last nights ball game, full of emotion, was what great sports are all about. I hope the Argos move to BMO can help more fans enjoy all Toronto's sports. I do understand how many faithful Argos fans have their backs up. I am 38 and started following professional sports closely around 1990.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    1. I'm a fan of both teams. Just follow the Argos more. I always found it pathetic that someone would stop being a Jays fan solely based on the Argos not being able to stay relevant by their own efforts.

2. People can cheer for whoever they like for why ever they like. But again I find the sheer hypocrisy of some Argo fans pathetic. The same Argo fan who becomes the biggest crybaby whenever a fan of another sports team or league (MLS, MLB, NFL) degrades the Argos and hopes them disaster because that helps "their cause" ... will turn around and hope the Jays lose just based on how "their own cause" is affected. Thus these whiners become what they hate. One vicious pathetic little circle.
    That's enough of that talk Ron.
    Turn in your Argofan badge and get the hell out of here.👍

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    During the course of my research, I would often think about extremist groups such as the IRA and UVF in Northern Ireland. While I am not implying these two groups are anything less than pure evil, there is no denying there are bright yet misguided minds within their ranks. I would often wonder, how could such bright and passionate minds channel their energy into hatred, hostility, paranoia, propaganda and an unhealthy obsession with symbols? Sure, they believe they are fighting for a good cause, but are often blinded by their own sheer passion when attempting to understand the world they live in. What can drive a human being to exist in such a way? How could passion for a better world lead to violence and hate?

Then I became a fan of the Toronto Argonauts. I understand now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a difference between hoping that a team loses a game or two and hoping that a team folds and/or leaves.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    What can drive a human being to exist in such a way? How could passion for a better world lead to violence and hate?

Then I became a fan of the Toronto Argonauts. I understand now.
    We can have impure thoughts just as long as we don't act on them. Now excuse me while I attach some wires to a timer (kidding, kidding!).

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Ron it's more the fact that year after year after year the Argonauts have been shit on in this city. No breaks and no one even attempts to be kind to this organization. The Argos have indeed brought some issues on themselves. Other then a few small marketing campaigns here or there they have never excelled at it. Owners who couldn't come through. But as fans they're isn't anything we can do other then get pissed at situations such as Rogers not giving a shit. I'm pissed with Rogers and it's treatment of my favorite team. The Jays just happen to be guilty by association. As I've mentions on other posts, no other team anywhere would get tossed out for a period of time like this. Rogers just doesn't care. They could do the switch, they just don't want to. One day it'll all come back to bite them in the ass.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Ron it's more the fact that year after year after year the Argonauts have been shit on in this city. No breaks and no one even attempts to be kind to this organization. The Argos have indeed brought some issues on themselves. Other then a few small marketing campaigns here or there they have never excelled at it. Owners who couldn't come through. But as fans they're isn't anything we can do other then get pissed at situations such as Rogers not giving a shit. I'm pissed with Rogers and it's treatment of my favorite team. The Jays just happen to be guilty by association. As I've mentions on other posts, no other team anywhere would get tossed out for a period of time like this. Rogers just doesn't care. They could do the switch, they just don't want to. One day it'll all come back to bite them in the ass.
    Good post IMO, this franchise has a lot of culpability in their current plight however they don't deserve the disrespect they have been forced to put up with, Rogers are a bunch of clowns but as a Toronto sports fan I am enjoying the Blue Jays current run and hope they win it all.
    Think back to Harold Ballard owning the Leafs, the guy treated his people like shit and systematically ruined the franchise and disrespected the fans however we were able to put him aside and cheer for the Sittlers and McDonalds of the world, I kind of look at the Jays in a similiar way.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm a fan of the Jays but a much bigger fan of the Argos. I was an almost equal fan back in the 80s and 90s, maybe more a Jays fan maybe due to their success, but for many reasons stopped following, and watched mostly only CFL and NHL. I was feeling sour grapes towards the Jays and their success, especially its effect on the Argos, but started to get some playoff fever, and found some rekindled feelings for the Jays and actually watched a full baseball for the first time in years. That being said I was in Walmart today and saw a rack of Jays shirts and wandered over, to maybe buy something to show some support. As I was going through the shirts, I noticed they had other Toronto team shirts, including Leafs, TFC, Raptors. Then I noticed one lonely, good looking, Argos shirt. Guess which shirt I ended up buying? The Jays don't need my support, and I don't need to join a bandwagon. I'll still watch the games and I don't hate them, but I'm not going to support them over the Argos. Go Jays, but GO ARGOS!

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:

Level
    wow lots of butthurt in this thread.. if the Argos want to be looked at better and considered a first class team then maybe it's up to the ARGOS to do it.... Blaming Rogers just makes you sound like a bunch of cry babies. Rogers is a BUSINESS. The Blue Jays make them a LOT more money then the Argos make them..That's why they get treated better. I do the same thing to customers at work, we have companies that buy millions of dollars of product and we treat them better then a guy buying something for $50.. guess I work for an evil company too but at least it keeps me employed. You'd think at some point some of you would realize that the Argos should be looking after the Argos.

Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I'm a fan of the Jays but a much bigger fan of the Argos. I was an almost equal fan back in the 80s and 90s, maybe more a Jays fan maybe due to their success, but for many reasons stopped following, and watched mostly only CFL and NHL. I was feeling sour grapes towards the Jays and their success, especially its effect on the Argos, but started to get some playoff fever, and found some rekindled feelings for the Jays and actually watched a full baseball for the first time in years. That being said I was in Walmart today and saw a rack of Jays shirts and wandered over, to maybe buy something to show some support. As I was going through the shirts, I noticed they had other Toronto team shirts, including Leafs, TFC, Raptors. Then I noticed one lonely, good looking, Argos shirt. Guess which shirt I ended up buying? The Jays don't need my support, and I don't need to join a bandwagon. I'll still watch the games and I don't hate them, but I'm not going to support them over the Argos. Go Jays, but GO ARGOS!
    That's how you show your support.. not like the other guys on here that would blame Rogers for the stock level of shirts at walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I'm sure many in other cities don't really care and would rather follow their local NHL or CFL teams, yet you'll never see those fans shown in Rogers station news reports.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...th-for-ottawa/

Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    There used to be both business and technical reasons why I didn't switch to Bell as Rogers had a large competitive advantage to Bell. But Bell caught up to Rogers quite while ago. It was just finding the time to make the change. Rogers arrogance is unbelievable. When I needed issues fixed, they would threaten me a $500 cancellation fee for each phone I port over to Bell. That made me laugh and I told them to check my account again. You see, I make it a point to buy my phones, as needed. That always seemed to bring their customer service reps back to earth. Surprisingly, after they heard that, they corrected my issues without delay. Goodbye Rogers!
    I had the exact opposite experience when I switched from Bell to Rogers a few years ago. I'll never give Bell another cent of my money until they ditch the overseas customer support. it was one problem after another. Shaw is FANTASTIC to deal with for Sat TV, our internet is through Xplornet, another great canadian company. Rogers are our cell phone business and have also been fantastic to deal with.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    Level
    I had the exact opposite experience when I switched from Bell to Rogers a few years ago. I'll never give Bell another cent of my money until they ditch the overseas customer support. it was one problem after another. Shaw is FANTASTIC to deal with for Sat TV, our internet is through Xplornet, another great canadian company. Rogers are our cell phone business and have also been fantastic to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Well this is a first. I am not saying Bell Customer Service is perfect, but deplorable Rogers Customer Service is legendary! My wife categorically refuses to speak to them due to their arrogance and incompetence. I had to own my cellphone hardware to have any leverage over them. They once told me that they were just fine cancelling my service and applying their $500 fee per cellphone. Upfront cancellation fees are very lucrative. Only after I pointed out to them that I wasn't under contract did they change their tune and address my issues. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

By the way, Bell Canada stopped sending customer service calls to India in 2009. Get up-to-date!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I had the exact opposite experience when I switched from Bell to Rogers a few years ago. I'll never give Bell another cent of my money until they ditch the overseas customer support. it was one problem after another. Shaw is FANTASTIC to deal with for Sat TV, our internet is through Xplornet, another great canadian company. Rogers are our cell phone business and have also been fantastic to deal with.
    Well this is a first. I am not saying Bell Customer Service is perfect, but deplorable Rogers Customer Service is legendary! My wife categorically refuses to speak to them due to their arrogance and incompetence. I had to own my cellphone hardware to have any leverage over them. They once told me that they were just fine cancelling my service and applying their $500 fee per cellphone. Upfront cancellation fees are very lucrative. Only after I pointed out to them that I wasn't under contract did they change their tune and address my issues. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

By the way, Bell Canada stopped sending customer service calls to India in 2009. Get up-to-date!
    As I mentioned in another Thread I also moved all my services away from Bell years ago due to their terrible customer service and subpar networks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    As I mentioned in another Thread I also moved all my services away from Bell years ago due to their terrible customer service and subpar networks.
    hmmmm....Neely....

and you say your not a rogers loyalist?.....

hehehehehe
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    hmmmm....Neely....

and you say your not a rogers loyalist?.....

hehehehehe
    That's correct. It's no different than people sharing their bad experiences with Rogers. We had bad experiences with Bell.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm against big assed corporations of today. Why I try my best to shop local and at small independent stores, farms, restaurants, bakeries and breweries to name a few. Where 9 times out of 10 you get killer products and services as well as people who care are nice and give a crap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    wow lots of butthurt in this thread.. if the Argos want to be looked at better and considered a first class team then maybe it's up to the ARGOS to do it.... Blaming Rogers just makes you sound like a bunch of cry babies. Rogers is a BUSINESS. The Blue Jays make them a LOT more money then the Argos make them..That's why they get treated better. I do the same thing to customers at work, we have companies that buy millions of dollars of product and we treat them better then a guy buying something for $50.. guess I work for an evil company too but at least it keeps me employed. You'd think at some point some of you would realize that the Argos should be looking after the Argos.
    Corporations treat customers like commodities and not like human beings. No big revelation there, and not exactly something that makes for a better society.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't believe Cahill ever said that line about the crowd noise from the Jays opener giving him this glance Into the future of the Toronto sports landscape from deep Inside the bunker of the Argos offices. Sounds made up.

LETS GO METS

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    LETS GO METS
    I'm good with that, but first things first...LETS GO ROYALS!!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'm good with that, but first things first...LETS GO ROYALS!!!
    What's the better team chant in Toronto? Go Jays Go! OR Go Leafs Go! OR TFC is for Me! OR Arrrrrrrrrrrgooooooooooos!!!!

Lets take a quick straw poll..
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Good Bye Blue Jays, Good Bye Blue Jays.... its good to see you GO!!!!!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!